Hannah and the Bully Stick

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Hannah and the Bully Stick

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

Well tonight Miss Hannah got her very first bully stick. I gave it to her about 30 minutes ago and she's still going at it. She growled at Holden when he came over to see what she had (He got a Busy Bone which is now untouched on the floor :roll: ) So it seems to be a success and it looks like I will be needing to go back to Petco to pick up some more. Petco has 12" sticks on sale for $5.99 and they had a 24" for $11.99. Are those good prices?

She chews for a while, takes a break, then goes back to it. I wonder if her jaw is getting tired :D -- Man does it STINK! P-U!
ImageImageImage
Princess
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Hannah and the Bully Stick

Post by Princess »

Alright.. stupid question.. what is a bully stick?
ImageImage
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

It's a really hard chew stick which, from my understanding, is a certain part of a bull's anatomy...

She took a break and was carrying Holden's Busy Bone around but she left it untouched and she's back to the bully stick.
ImageImageImage
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Princess wrote:Alright.. stupid question.. what is a bully stick?
They are petrified bull penis'. 3:-O Actually, the muscle is dried like jerky.

Make sure you wash your hands after touching the bullysticks. The pet store I purchased a few (no longer allowed for my chows) told me I needed to wash my hands after because of bacteria (salmonella, e-coli, don't remember) it could harbor.
Mally
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Mally »

ha ha It sure is from "bull's certain part of anatomy" :lol: I think that $5.99 deal is pretty good. I bought Lychee one for 2.95 AUD - one only about 15cm long. She didn't eat it just threw it around .... I later found it outside all gross and soft from the rain :?

By the way I was meant to tell you...I was looking through different photos of Chows on this site and one of my favourite photos of all is little Hannah and that round cirle toy - she has it upright in her mouth and it's covering her eyes :lol: :lol: :lol: it's adorable.
Princess
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Princess »

oh...... :shock: :oops: :oops:
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! Those can't possibly last all that long.. they aren't too big.. or maybe i'm thinking of something else :shock:
ImageImage
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

Mally wrote: By the way I was meant to tell you...I was looking through different photos of Chows on this site and one of my favourite photos of all is little Hannah and that round cirle toy - she has it upright in her mouth and it's covering her eyes :lol: :lol: :lol: it's adorable.
That is one of my favorites too :D She is quite a character. She would walk around with the toy like that and actually run into things. Silly girl.
ImageImageImage
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

My pack LOVES bully sticks, but I get mine on-line or at Costco when they have them. I paid $19.99 for 12 12" sticks at Costco and they're cheaper on-line. There's a whole post about bullysticks here
http://forum.chowchow.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=9890