PETA

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

PETA

Post by Red Dragon »

Look at P.E.T.A. for each of the years and look at the animals they euthanized, not very animal friendly in my opinion. Look at all the wildlife they collected and euthanized, most! I fail to see how these people are ethical?

Press Story http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRel ... RN20080507
Official Virginia State Records 2004 – Norfolk Facility Only http://www.virginia.gov/vdacs_ar/cgi-bi ... um7&year04
Official Virginia State Records 2005 – Norfolk Facility Only http://www.virginia.gov/vdacs_ar/cgi-bi ... um7&year05
Official Virginia State Records 2006 – Norfolk Facility Only http://www.virginia.gov/vdacs_ar/cgi-bi ... um7&year06
Official Virginia State Records 2007 – Norfolk Facility Only http://www.virginia.gov/vdacs_ar/

Oh well, you will have to select single organiztion and click on the P section, then click on PETA.
Sam

Keeper of the furry things...Master of the kibble....Scooper of the poo!
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: PETA

Post by Red Dragon »

This one really puts them into perspective, look at the stats since they started in 1998, look at how many they killed. Extremely low adoption rate for a group that collects 30 million a year to save animals! http://www.petakillsanimals.com/
Last edited by Red Dragon on Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sam

Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

1600 killed by PETA, 8 million killed by shelters, 14,000 a year killed by one shelter in Miinisota, 15000 killed in a shelter in the bronks last year and god knows how many are put down in the killing fields of LA.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

The dead dogs that were pulled out of the dumpster looked perfectly healthy to me. They actually looked like they were all well taken care of, certainly looked adoptable.

People need to realize PETA is not what they think it is and quit sending them all that money, I don't know what they are doing with it, but it sure isn't going to save animals, quite the opposite, and that is by their own records, which the court made them hand over after a big battle!
Sam

momtobear
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by momtobear »

Jeff I don't know if that is quite right. To me I think it is more to the effect of people not spaying and nuturing (did I spell those correct?) their animals. Not just breeders but people with non-akc or whatever animals that don't know what to do with the puppys that they can't give away.
Baby Bear we miss you!
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Fact is AKC fights every spaying and nuetering law that comes up no matter what the law, look at thier site sometime, they are fighting one now going on in Michigan theres nothing wrong with it except limiting the number of Pupies a licensed breeder can have each year.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

The AKC stands behind it's members, when they get in an uproar about stupid dog laws that over the top animal rights activists try and push through, they get involved and try and stop them. What are you going to do about all the mixed breed dogs in the shelter Jeff? I'll bet they are just as many as pure bred and they will be controlled by nobody, because the people that let the dogs breed are not considered breeders, how are you going to fix that? You can't regulate what isn't there. :lol:
Sam

Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

Sam

Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

Are you getting that sinking feeling Jeff? I would if I donated money to PETA and found out what they are all about. I knew you were a radical rescue nut, but I would have never guessed you support PETA, I figured you were smarter than that. #-o
Sam

Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Was it edited? I thought there were some post missing. I wasn't sure because i was talking to you and Chris at the same time so I accidentally sent one to Chris I thought maybe I had sent her the others and wasn't paying attention to where i was posting, owell. I told you to put a warning in your header but that was the one that went to Chris I think or it was edited. Never mind, I get lost and confused when I come outside the gates of my black and white world the colors are to bright and I lost my sun glasses.

ImageImage
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

all sorts of editing took place...looks nothing like the thread I read earlier today
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
chris

Post by chris »

don't post anything out of line and it wont get edited... YOU guys wanted "stronger" mods... YOU GOT UM :mrgreen:
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

PETA is NOT about making things better for animals, they are about keeping their names in the news and making a scene. They are unethical and actually contribute to cruelty by their rediculous actions. If you want to protest using animals in research; refuse to take drugs that have been tested on animals, (and watch your doctor go into shock) don't use personal products that are tested on animals, don't use the same that contain animal by-products, look for small home based alternatives, (want names and contact info I have it) These are reasonable and EFFECTIVE ways of getting the message across that using animals for testing is wrong. Breaking into a lab and taking animals that may be carrying dangerous diseases, (for both humans and animals) is NOT effective, is NOT legal, and is just plain stupid!

PETA doesn't want people to have pets, they think they should all run wild and free; their ignorance is amazing, for all their fierceness an 8lb yorkie can't stand up to even a large crow, let's not talk about real predators. Turning pets loose in the wild and/or advocating such is unethical and cruel to the pets. In the wild they die, they aren't wild animals anymore, and most of them are beautiful speices worthy of preservation and continuance. More than that, I've noticed that cultures that do not revere pets and have them are often extremely cruel and rigid in their dealings with other humans, the Talipan come to mind immediately here. Pets keep us humble, teach us compassion and remind us that we too will one day die. PETA would take all those things away from us.

PETA makes every one who is REALLY an animal rights activist look like raving maniacs and raving maniacs are never taken seriously; PETA's constant insane actions actually stop some laws from being changed and lose true animal rights activists support.

And my main complaint about PETA is this; they claim to be on the animals side, yet where have they been in the recent disasters beginning with Katrina? Where are they with Gustov, Ike, Hanna? Where are they when a soldier who has served in Iraq or Afganistan wants to bring back a dog they found and befriended? Where were they in the talks of legistlation to make pets a part of disaster and rescue procedures? Where have they been in the legislation agains tie-outs? Against breed specific legislation? The answer to all these questions is; NOWHERE! They've not shown their support for any of these things, they haven't had one member out there rescuing dogs, cats, horses, cattle, zoo animals from these hurricane's, they've not offered one little bit of animal food, an old blanket, not a thing. But they have the nerve to constantly be begging for funds to do their WORK.

My contempt for PETA is very deep. I will never support them and I will take each and every opportunity to talk about how very bad they are. I save my funds and praise for those organizations, who I may not always agree with, but who are ACTUALLY working to better the lives of animals and pets by running no kill facilities, by rescue shelters who do good work as rescues and by other organizations who are working on legislation to make life better for all animals even those we use as food producers, (and excuse me PETA but turning loose millions of cattle, sheep, turkeys, chickens, and hogs would destroy the deer, elk, opossums, skunks, wild rabbits, squirrels, chipmunks, geese, ducks, swans, cranes, and all the other wild animal populations. Simply killing off the many herds of animals is a horrendous waste of life and an affront to Diety). A much more effective way of having food animals raised humanely is to buy only organic free range meat products, (and do without when you can't)

It amazes me that modern man has such an extreme and incorrect view of the keeping of animals for food. In the past people respected the animal, many religions still talk about that, to respect the animal you eat. PETA doesn't respect any animal. They respect people even less.

I could go on and on about PETA and why I have such strong opinions about them, but I've gone on long enough and I'll stop now.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

"PETA doesn't want people to have pets, they think they should all run wild and free"

I agree with that one, where's the sign up list.....

ImageImage