Leaving

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

ChowLady
Rank 1
Rank 1

Leaving

Post by ChowLady »

I am thinking about leaving this site because of all the fighting and nasty comments by a couple of people. I did once really enjoy this site and have made some nice friends, but I just can not accept all this nasty verbal fighting that is going on. Why OH Why cant a couple of people on here that are fighting with each othe just give it a break and agree to disagree and dont post or quote on each other. It really is destroying this site and I am sure I am not the only one that feels like I do. A nice welcome for new people whom visit this site. /:)
Kathy
In Loving memory of Catbalou, Teisha, Tiara & Quoncha. .
Chowmia
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Leaving

Post by Chowmia »

I agree. I frequent this site to gain information and to "relax". There are so many very nice folks that visit. However, with the constant bickering, berating each other and some downright nastiness, I don't find relaxation here much anymore. I wish all would learn to get along.
bubba
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by bubba »

wish they would all learn to get along ....

i wish we could expand that worrldwide in many aspects of world villiage condition..

Please do not go...

just selectively chose what you read and respond to,

some of our chow keepers , like some of our chows have failed or would fail temperment tests,,

if there were Chows in a pen and some were snarling and fighting , some were cowering in the corner, some were chewing their tails bare and raw ... and some could be rescued ,, would you walk away ..

or would you try to rescue ...

in real world rescue Known Biters are not even put up for adoption , just put down.. at one time my dream was to own the 40 acres behind my place up here on Iron Mountian .. install a set of staggered ponds with trickle tubes stock them with game fissh and Koi ,make a wee stream live again , put up a 7 foot fence stockthe acres with rare phesants and quail plant the grounds with ginseng.. , fence and cross fence with many gates and areas , adopt every chow that was to be put down for aggression, all the biters , all the lost ones all the lonly pleading eyes and the ones in fear and the ones blazing with anger.. what adventure and fun it would be to go down back in to the most secure containments where the really mean boys were.. ,, god save any Coyotes who transgressed in to that zone.

call it the Angry Chow Ranch where every mean biting son of a B!**H can find a home.. ,,, however my plans failed and i am being terminated on a sparce spare annuity.. so i suppose I will not get the back forty bottoms to save , nor the chows to save ,
instead of the angry chow rance the sign will read " Hard Scrabble Acres ' where any one can come and scratch and try to survive..

Michael
Stewart Ccounty Tennesee
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Please don't leave Chowlady :cry: I too come here to relax and take a break from my very hectic life :roll:If everyone leaves because of two then WHAT will remain??? No place for people to go and learn and get advice or give it or make Chow Friends. What about the owners that do come here for HELP.....they won't get it, thats what. If you know both the parties that you speak of, they are who they are, and are from BOTH ENDS of the spectrum. Neither are bad people.
Can't you two just say IDIOT outloud and IGNORE EACH OTHER?? :idea: Don't rise to the occasion to bash the hell out of each other.....IGNORE EACH OTHER.....post your personal reply and IGNORE WHAT THE OTHER SAYS?????
We ALL know you two WON'T EVER AGREE with each other and THATS A FACT :lol: :lol:
I hate for this site that has helped me with Kearra & Kyra soooooo much, look bad, and not help others who need it......OK NOW, boys go to your room, :oops: ummmm sorry,stop yellin' at each other and callin' each other names, :oops: ummmm sorry ADULTS thats right :lol: :lol: sorry......ACT LIKE GROWN UPS!!! I come here to get away from the kids and their petty arguments.....Please don't leave Chowlady [:D]
Yeah, and what Bubba said :lol: :lol:

Thanks Sweetpea!
bubba
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by bubba »

hey new orleans ..

if you and Chow run away from the big easy account of the winds and water . if you can run all the way up tru tennesee to the kentuck line we will not be flooding on the old iron Mountian , , be sure and bring a bag of grits though and maybe a case or two of abita or some pearl pop with the foam on top ..

and maybe a jug of that fish chowder i remember from the quarters

http://wikitravel.org/en/New_Orleans
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

Hey Chowlady don't leave. Vicster is right, if everyone left who would give us all advice?? My suggestion is to ignore the threads that become heated and start a new one with a light mood!!!
SweetPea Rocks!!
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Please do not go, we have already lost so many of the good ones...the moderators are trying to work out an equitable solution to the handful of offensive posters with the site administrator. Part of the problem, as I see it, is that people have been excusing some of the behaviors as 'personality'. It is true to a small extent, BUT-we all need to stop ourselves from name calling and before submitting posts, the biggest offenders need to proof read before posting. They know who they are.

I am to the point, as are a few other mods, where I may start just deleting posts, or editting for content. If the offenders want to leave because of it, I say, "Here's your hat, what's your hurry!" We are all mostly adults here. Time to start acting thusly.
Lisa_D
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Lisa_D »

I feel the same way. I too enjoy coming here on a regular basis but it gets very frustrating when you go to read a post and see all the fighting, then the original post is forgotten about because it was taken over with the arguments. I agree it really does need to stop and it seems that some just look for things to argue about!!! :roll:

Awesome banner compliments of Sweetpea, Thank you!
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Most of you bring it on your selves, The only reason alot of you open threads is because you see my name or red dragons name, 80% of this site never goes into the Chows needing a home section but I know all I have to do is post or red dragon posts you all come running to see if there's an argument going on then get upset about it, I purposely post in alot of the Chows needing a home section because I know the nosy busy bodies will come running and I know the Chow will get noticed, I also know all I have to do is say one word and that chow will become world famous with all the nuts posting....alot of you look for trouble just to have something to complain about so I use it when I want a chow rescued.

People leave for alot of reasons, some leave because they don't like arguments, some leave because they don't like a member, some have left because they think the site is a danger to the chow breed and some have left because they think the site spends to much time with socializing and personal problems and not enough time helping Chows, some even leave because they actually have a life but like red Dragon said if you don't like the subject or you don't like the poster why open the thread. When you see a heading that says Rehoming, Breeders, Food and Chow abuse you know there is going to be trouble If your a sensitive person and your only her to socialize then why open the thread. There are 131,000 post and 11,000 threads on this site why open the one or two threads that will upset you.

I brought this subject up in a computer users profiling class I am taking it made for great classroom discussion. My question was why would people get so up set and let a chat room forum disrupt their lives, I even brought in a few copies of some of the discussions. After we discussed personality disorders, lack of human social contact and something missing in ones personal life we talked about the criminal mind that purposely visits chat rooms with the intent of cybercrime. Its a six hour class every week so I won't write the book.

The class does seem to spend alot of time talking about Child predators and child *Censored Word* on the internet along with the criminal mind behind cybercrime not that has anything to do with this site or anyone on it but there sure are alot of sick people out there in the world. I have only been in the class for two weeks I hate to see what's coming.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

I don't think any of us should have to limit our reading of posts because there are certain posters that are bound to fight and call names. In fact, most do not beeline when they see your name, or Sam's...mostly we shudder and hope the subject has not already deteriorated to the point that we just feel icky for reading it. And that is the point. I am sure your class is not going to sit there and tell you that you are out of control to your face, and I am also sure, you chose an innocuous thread. It is neither here nor there. It states clearly in the user agreement the guidelines for the forum use. If you don't think those rules of conduct apply to you because you somehow think you are entertaining, all I can say is, don't be surprised if you are given time away from the site.
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Yes - Indeed - please don't leave - (says I who could not stand it any more! :roll: )
Take the advice you have been given - we should not let the ones who are less that polite take over. They probably do not know any better and it is a pity their mothers did not tan their bottoms when they threw mardy tantrums when they were little!!
I am back and am prepared to take my own advice. :lol:
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Oh Judy! It is nice to hear you declare out loud that you are really and truely back! I am hoping we can keep the mouth smut in check in the same manner the mods keep the visual smut in check. By simply deleting it. I think if the mods are careful, we can keep from throwing out the proverbial baby with the bath water. We shall see.
chris

Post by chris »

Heck..... Judy is back to "clean house" \:D/ O:)
ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ciaobella »

Auddymay wrote: Part of the problem, as I see it, is that people have been excusing some of the behaviors as 'personality'.
...and how bitterly do I regret saying this:
Usually, I hate it when people argue on this board, but when Jeff and Red Dragon start swapping insults, well, I make popcorn for that. Laura's right, it means nothing, and they enjoy it. I think.
....given the events of the last week. I do apologize. I could not have been more mistaken.

Yay! It's Judy, the Pirate Queen! Welcome back!
Sandy
Owned by Sophie
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Waaahooooo!!! Judy's Back \:D/ \:D/

Thanks Sweetpea!
Mia
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Mia »

Don't anyone go...please.

You all will never know how much you helped me when I got Mia and Chutney.

Just before I got Mia, I spent 6 months researching about chows online. If I tell you, I hit every site that mentioned chow chows, (including, unfortunately, that southern relish called chow chow). I can't tell you how frustrating it was - there really isn't much out there. I bought eight chow chow books all of which were preoccupied with how to show a chow and what a perfect chow should look like.

When I got to this site, I stayed up late every night reading every single thread I could find. It's impossible to explain how much I learned and of course, the more I learned the less I knew. LOL!

I look to all of your wisdom almost every day (less the time I was sick), and I couldn't imagine any place that even comes close to helping those who love our chows so much. Most of you have been on here for a long time, so you probably know so much more than I do and may not realize how much this helps the novice.

Think of it this way...you all are helping so many people to help the breed we love so much.

Of any breed, Chow chows need a place where their people can learn how to care for them - that is rescuing chows who have been rescued by helping their owners help them. How many people may have given up chows or inadvertently not cared properly for their chows without your help?

Opinions and personalities are part of what make us human - but the more important part is the kindness and generosity of you all who try to help us to improve our chows' lives.

I'll take any old bickering any day and consider it cheap payment for the wealth of advice I have been given.

Your help allowed me to feel confident enough to get a second chow who would have been put down. Now, thanks to all your advice, Chutney (and Mia) are the healthiest and happiest chows around.

I am here to tell you that you ALL change lives for the better - both chow and human.

Thanks,

Me and the chows
Mia
Theo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Theo »

Kathy, please don't leave the site. So many friendships have been formed with other chow lovers.
I have so much respect for the moderators, and I'm sure they have a handle on these issues.

I apolgize to everyone for getting involved in all that BS and speaking my mind. I just get so tired of it. It's so childish.

I look forward to coming home from work and love to check the site to see what's going on with everyone, and to look at the latest pictures of your beautiful chows.
It's very frustrating, but I'm sure it will get better...Please stay!
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

Welcome back, Judy! You're right - we should not let the ill-mannered people chase us away.
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
willowchow
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by willowchow »

Is there an IGNORE feature on this forum? I'm on another forum that has this feature so if you don't want to read a certain posters comments you can "ignore" them and you won't see the posts they make.
Lori
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Now that would be PERFECT!!!! :wink:

Thanks Sweetpea!
Cara&Haley
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Cara&Haley »

If you click on the members' names there is a add friend/add foe option. Does anyone know what "add foe" does?!
bubba
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by bubba »

Manage foes
Foes are users which will be ignored by default. Posts by these users will not be fully visible. Personal messages from foes are still permitted. Please note that you cannot ignore moderators or administrators.
Cara&Haley
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Cara&Haley »

Well there you go Williowchow and Vicster. Just add them as foes.
Problem solved.
debraschow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by debraschow »

Here's my 2 cents, do not like the negativity, get enough from work, and life. Seems to me we are all here to promote Chows and not put down, deride, etc other members of the site. Thats what bothers me.I just don't actively involve myself in this site when there is just the stupidest fights. We are all fighting, just in different ways and in our small ways that makes this breed gain a different objective than media, mainstream news wants it to be. But then you get someone who thinks only his/her opinion counts and it destroys ALL progress that any of of us have tried to make. This is an open forum FOR ANYONE TO READ so the stupid fights just make us look like morons, and who would really think about joining this group for any logical reason? This site has some of the most amazing people on it, but if you were doing a search just like I did just not and saw all the idiotic, vitriolic statements bantered about I would probably think twice about joining. It's okay to have your own opinion but not to the detriment of the group in whole.

And if you think I tune in for one person over the other, you are sorely mistaken and have an overgrown ego. I come here to learn.

Debra and Milo
Debra: Hobo and Milo's Mom
Banner by Sweetpea!
willowchow
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by willowchow »

I feel like I need to clarify--I posted that ignore feature info because it seems like certain people would like to use it. I personally, have no issue with anyone on this board.
Lori