Vicster

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Vicster

Post by Dogdad »

Just to let you all know. Last night Vicster and her family Evacuated their home in New Orleans due to Gustave and Hanna being in the gulf. She is holding up well despite the stress of having to worry about her home, her kids , grandkids and her Husband. She said she will try to pack her lap top so if anyone has a chance, send her your prayers and warm thoughts

David

P.s Kearra and Kyra obviously went with them
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Vicster

Post by fillyok »

Thanks for the update David. I was wondering when they would be taking off. Lets hope they have a safe and uneventful journey to Arkansas and back to their home.
pfordeb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pfordeb »

Thanks David. I was just going to "ask" about her. How horrible to go through this again. I can't even imagine. Vicki, when you see this, I hope you are safe, warm, and dry, and that nasty hurricane decides to head out for the Gulf and back to the ocean instead of land.
courtsey of Sweetpea
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

Hopefully it will pass without much damage... I love the P.S :D

Good luck Vicster family.
ImageImageImage
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

Vicki,just to let you know that our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family and hope you are all OK.
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

Has anyone heard from Vicster???? I've been thinking about her and her family...had the news going all day at work. Gustav ain't playin'...Cat 4 now. I'm so glad they left last night. On Sunday they expect to turn all lanes of the highway going north...a crazy deja vu from Katrina.

Even the Texas coast has started evacing people. San Antonio started getting people with special needs this afternoon. The Red Cross is looking for volunteers and donations. Please keep them all (victims and volunteers) in your thoughts and prayers.
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

I think KatieMom may of had to do some moving around also I know her office got hit. Not sure how the layout is in that area, is Gutav hitting florida to or is that another one.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

I hope she's okay!! Tropical Storm Hanna is suppposed to hit east coast/Florida, but not til later. Maybe it's a remnant of Fay...the storm that won't quit.
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

Vicki,
I am hoping and praying that this hurricane veers away from your home. I wish these things didn't exist. I'm glad you are out of there!
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
Katies Mom
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Katies Mom »

Jeff&Peks wrote:I think KatieMom may of had to do some moving around also I know her office got hit. Not sure how the layout is in that area, is Gutav hitting florida to or is that another one.
Thanks for thinking of us. When Fay hit about 2 weeks ago, our county issued a premature evacuation order for all of the low lying areas, but we received little or no rain during Fay at all. I have been planning to move my offices this weekend because my lease is up, and we were in a big hurry to get it done early today ahead of the rain the weather systems out there are throwing off. Its raining on and off right now and is expected to rain quite a bit for the next few days. So much chaos in this part of the country right now with all of these storms, but we've not had any severe weather here (yet, knock on wood), but I never take anything for granted. One day a hurricane is headed straight for us, the next day its not, so there are never any guarantees about where these storms will make landfall. Jeff lives in the land of earthquakes and we live in the land of hurricanes!

I DO hope that the storm downgrades and doesn't make another direct hit on New Orleans, but to say that means it will hit somewhere else, and I don't wish that on anyone. We actually have at least two storms out there brewing right now behind Gustav. This is nuts!

Good luck Vicki and family and anyone else out there in the path of this storm.
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

Vicki,

I have been thinking about you the last few days. I hope that you and your family are well.
How horrible to have to go through all of this again 3 years later.
All my thoughts and prayers.
Sharon

JR AND CHEYENNE

another special from SWEETPEA PRODUCTIONS
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

I haven't heard from Vicky yet but I am sure she is safe in Arkansas. I keep seeing reports on Gustave and hope that it moves fast enough that it doesn't flood the entire city this time. I am hoping her house is high enough that when it does flood, it doesn't affect her house

David
Nita F.
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Nita F. »

I just spoke with Vicki. They arrived safe in Arkansas and are staying with some of her husband's hunting friends until tomorrow when their condo becomes available. There are 6 adults, 4 children and 5 dogs traveling in 4 vehicles. She said to tell everyone "thank you" for thinking of her.

She is thankful all her family is safely out of harm's way. Unfortunately Gustav will most likely flood her home on the West Bank. A lot depends on whether the track shifts to the west, which will be better for her, or to the east, which will be devastating. So she is very upset when she thinks about it. As of the latest reports most of the New Orleans folks have evacuated and the ones that are staying are being told they are on their own for now.

The hardest thing for her is not getting local news updates. I told her WWL 870 am is a clear channel radio station that can be heard across the US at night. Assuming we still have telephone and/or cell phone tomorrow night after Gustav makes landfall I will call her to give her an update. Hopefully Gustav will hit as a Cat 3 which we can handle, though some places will experience storm surges.

Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

Nita
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

Thank you so much for the update! I've been so worried. All of you are in my prayers.

Nita, I hope you and your family are safe. Please take care.
momtobear
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by momtobear »

My thoughts and prayer go out to you vick. I live in central Mississippi, and I think we are only suppose to be getting about 1 to 2 inches of rain and 40 mph winds. :? Of course don't tell that to the rest of the residents here. You would think that we had a cat 5 coming straight at us. Even with katrina it wasn't that bad here. I think we were out of power for about a day and a half. That night was the most romantic night me and my husband ever had. :oops: But a i ramble. Anyway I hope that the levys( I don't think I spelled that right) hold this time.
Baby Bear we miss you!
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

Happy they arrived safe, hopefully anyone else in the path is going to be safe as well. Keep us posted if possible!!
SweetPea Rocks!!
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

If you speak to her again please give her our love and prayers.
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

Yes please do, Thanks for the update
Nita F.
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Nita F. »

Thanks Fillyok. We've spent yesterday and today getting things put away and otherwise getting ready. The outer bands of thunderstorms have already reached us and the tornados have begun. We live east of Baton Rouge so don't have have flooding problems. Just have to worry about a tree taking down the electric line. Thankfully the generator is ready to be cranked when necessary. Mimi, our Katrina rescue Chow, has been anxious all day. She'll get extra attention as we hunker down and wait it out.

Nita
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

Nita F. wrote:Thanks Fillyok. We've spent yesterday and today getting things put away and otherwise getting ready. The outer bands of thunderstorms have already reached us and the tornados have begun. We live east of Baton Rouge so don't have have flooding problems. Just have to worry about a tree taking down the electric line. Thankfully the generator is ready to be cranked when necessary. Mimi, our Katrina rescue Chow, has been anxious all day. She'll get extra attention as we hunker down and wait it out.

Nita

Nita take care I didn't realize you were near too. I am sure Mimi is flashing back

David
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

I just saw Al Roker getting beat to hell on Canal St. :shock: I'll never understand the media...they want everyone evacuated, but the media arrives in droves. Personally, I don't need to see the storm as it's going on...I'd rather people be safe.
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

Anyone heard from Vicki or Nita?
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
janet
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by janet »

please tell vicki that she and her pack are in our thoughts and prayers.
anyone can own a dog, it takes someone special to own a chow.Image
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

Any news from our Southern clan?
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

Nita may be without power, I saw where Baton Rouge was getting 80mph winds yesterday. So I hope every one is safe!
SweetPea Rocks!!