What happened to "Lumpy"?

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3

What happened to "Lumpy"?

Post by ciaobella »

I was searching the archives for the story of "Lumpy", the abused chow that was rescued in New York. Couldn't find it, it's like she never existed. :cry:

Would love to know what happened to her.
Sandy
Owned by Sophie
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

I saw her on petfinder a few months back, she is hopefully in her new home by now.
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

I thought that Dandelion was adopted...I can't find it but I thought Zhuyo's mom might have posted it.
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ciaobella »

Thanks, guys. I ran Dandelion and Lumpy both thru the search engine, got nuttin'. My google kung-fu is only adequate at best, so I wondered if it was just me.

That face still haunts me, I hope she's OK.
Sandy
Owned by Sophie
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

Can't find the links either Sandy but I remember that Lumpy was renamed as Dandelion by the NY SPCA & was seen by a family (? in NJ) that were looking to adopted a 2nd chow. They drove up to meet her & the adoption went well...... I think!
Thank you Elodie!
ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ciaobella »

Thanks, Layla... I found the OP manually last night, but forgot to bookmark it. Wonder why the cc.org search engine wouldn't recognize it? 'Tis a puzzlement.

Anyway, sounds like good news, hope she is happy and well in a forever home.
Sandy
Owned by Sophie
daldobie
Rank 0
Rank 0

Dandelion was adopted in May

Post by daldobie »

- because of a posting on this board! She has a great new home in Baltimore with an understanding family and a dog friend.
Trish McMillan
ASPCA, NYC
chris

Re: Dandelion was adopted in May

Post by chris »

daldobie wrote:- because of a posting on this board! She has a great new home in Baltimore with an understanding family and a dog friend.
:D That is wonderful news. If you could contact the new owners we would all like to see new pictures of "Lumpy"...
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Original thread:

http://forum.chowchow.org/viewtopic.php ... mpy#p36618

Her success story is no longer on the forum as Daldobie updated us. Seems it might have not been moved from the chows in need of homes section on time (that section self deletes).

http://www.chowchow.org/forum/viewtopic ... highlight=

I did see a commercial on Animal Planet with Dandelion's first photo. Trish, did your 3 legged chow find a home too?
bananananny
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: What happened to "Lumpy"?

Post by bananananny »

dandy pic full body.jpg
dandy pic full body.jpg (40.93 KiB) Viewed 34919 times
We adopted Dandelion 5/6/07 from the ASPCA. I found this topic by accident and thought it probably wasn't too late to add a pic., even though it's from about 6 months ago! She is just like her name, delicate but tough. She has Laryngeal Paralysis so her throat is surgically tied open on one side. As a result, she gets choked often and has breathing problems. Her throat, I think, is like the opening of a whoopie cushion and some times it collapses, at least that's how she acts when she has a "fit." She has no vocal folds so her bark is a whisper. She'll eat canned food and need a/c for life. She is VERY smart and well behaved and she jumps like a gazelle. As you can see, she is quite beautiful. She loves to ride in the car! And she loves other dogs. We have one other dog who is 14 and Dandy relies on her judgement quite a lot. Many people have said I was crazy for adopting her with all the health problems she has. I think that it's sad that they won't know the happiness that she has given me! I wasn't able to find any info about the case against her previous owner. He must have skipped town or they dropped charges 'cause I think it would have gone to court by now. Anyway, she's warm and safe and dry now and will be for the rest of her life!
Thank you!
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

awwww I love happy endings. Thank you so much for posting about Dandelion. You truly are an angel for adopting her.
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

The loppy smile and love in her eyes says it all! Thank you very much for posting her picture. You are right. She is beautiful!
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

Awwwwwww that is so wonderful! Thank you so much for taking in this special needs girl! You're terrific! \:D/
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
scrpbk1
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by scrpbk1 »

Thanks for sharing the photo. She looks like a really sweet girl and you are angels for saving her!

Shelly
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

she is just beautiful now.I cried when I read her story.thank God there are people like you in this world O:)
wishing you both many years of good health and happiness =D=
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ciaobella »

She is so beautiful, and looks so happy! :inlove:
Thank you, thank you, thank you! It means the world to me that you posted this.
Sandy
Owned by Sophie
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

She looks very pretty and happy! I haven't read her story yet, but I will when I feel up to it. I imagine it will make me mad and upset...
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

Thank you so much for posting her picture!! We are all so happy that she has a happy home now. Bless you!!
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

She's still as LOVELY as the first time we saw her on this site. Although it was "happenstance", thank you for joining the site, welcome and thank you for giving Dandelion the love and life here on earth she deserves. Please stay and keep us posted on her simple days to come and allow us to help you when times are difficult for her.
chow fancier
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chow fancier »

What a pretty and happy girl she is! Bless you for rescuing! Welcome to the site. We love pictures here.
Jerilyn
Banner courtesy of the amazing Sweetpea.

Until there are none, adopt one!

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/631376
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/650868
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

WOW!!! Amazing what some LOVE & TLC can do!!!! She doesn't even look like the same Chow that we first saw in the sad pic that was posted about her....she is JUST BEAUTIFUL!!!! And more than that she looks SOOOOOO HAPPY!!! \:D/ =D= =D= Your AWSOME for taking her in and giving her a second chance in life =D= =D= Oh and WELCOME to the site :wink:

Thanks Sweetpea!
LEO's mum
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by LEO's mum »

Thank you so much for the update. It's one of the stories one can never forget on this site. I'm so glad she has found happiness with you. =D=
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Thank you so much for posting the update. She looks so happy. It's so wonderful to see her so happy and safe.
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
bananananny
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by bananananny »

Thanks for all the wonderful comments. I should have mentioned that Dandelion's recovery is a direct result of the loving and professional care she recv'd. from the ASPCA/Bergh Mem. Hospital, especially Trish who came in on her day off (Sunday) to see that we were a good fit for Dandelion. I know Dandelion will always have a hug saved for her! So if you're looking to adopt from the ASPCA your in for a real treat! I highly recommend them. Here's a link to Dandy's story in case you missed it http://www.pet-abuse.com/cases/10529/NY/US/
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

That is so sad and makes me furious! We have a similar guy close to me if anyone is interested I can help get him to you. http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displa ... d=10703910
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)