Travel?

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Stacey
Rank 0
Rank 0

Travel?

Post by Stacey »

:D Does anyone know the about cost to ship or fly a Chow over from the US to Australia?
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Travel?

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Call Continental Air
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
ChowLady
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ChowLady »

Yes I do all up with customs etc it comes to around $4000 to $5000 australian dollars. As I got all the papers sent out to me last week on how much it will cost to fly a chow to Australia from US.
Kathy
In Loving memory of Catbalou, Teisha, Tiara & Quoncha. .
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

The flight time would concern me far more then the probably scary airfare. Also temperature restrictions would make it difficult. When Rowlee returns from holiday I am sure she can point you to her breeder. I believe the breeder is a member here so just give it a few days and surely someone will chime in that can help. My memory is shot these days! :shock:
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

I hope you can find a Chow locally. Otherwise, be sure to get alot of information on the airline policies regarding whether or not the bay cargo area is okay for animal transport. When I had my boy shipped from Canada to the US, there were airlines that did not have heated cargo bays (he was being transported during the winter months)...if it's going to be a hot time period, the Chow's life will be in jeopardy if the cargo area is not air conditioned!
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
Cara&Haley
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Cara&Haley »

I once toyed with the thought of moving to Australia and remember looking up importing dogs. I think the gov has are pretty strict about importing dogs. The paper trail is endless and I believe the dog has to be quarantined, harder if you ship it as cargo instead of checked luggage. Don't remember for how long though. Probably not worth the cost and effort if you can find a local breeder.