Soft

Topics, guidelines and tips for coat and skin care and grooming Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Soft

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Is it just me or are chows just the softest coated breed out there? :D

I mean everytime I run my fingers through Special's coat, it's just so soft. The top of his head has the silkiest feel, and then his sides and his chest where his little legs come up. Is that what you all find too?

I have yet to find any other dog who I've petted who has a coat like this. At the dog shows, the chows I pet are not this soft either. I think that's because of the way they're groomed up for the show.

I guess I'm just curious if you all melt into your chows hair the way I do? :D I could hug that little boy all day! :D Think I'll go do that now... :D
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Soft

Post by vicster605 »

Nope its not just you Katalin!!! LOVE all the soft squishy fur!!! Especially the silky soft hair behind their ears and under the ruff of their necks. Good thing Mz Kyra is a love bug and can't get enough attention. Nothing like the hug of a Chow if you ask me!!! :D :D

Thanks Sweetpea!
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

Guilty. If he is in touching distance I am touching him and telling him how soft he is. He gets fed up and leaves. LOL. I can't help it, I see him laying there all sweet and can't resist touching his fluffy self!!
SweetPea Rocks!!
chowkidz
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by chowkidz »

Behind the ears and their belly's! Nanook is the best, he will sit there all day long and let me rub around his ears and his belly. Jade tries to hide when she sees me attacking the boy because she knows she's next. :roll: I have tried to walk by with out smothering them but i just can't do it. Nothing beats chow chow fur! \:D/
The chowkidz
Nanook & Keyko...and in loving memory of our little princess, Jade
ImageImageImage
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

Yes, their fur is the best! Luckilt Molly will sit for quite awhile and want to be petted. Of course I oblige! I love to pet her and could do it all day!
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

You should come over and pet the fur growing back on Alf's legs..... super soft!
Thank you Elodie!
chow fancier
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chow fancier »

It wonderful, isn't it? Teddy seems to be growing mostly undercoat is as soft as can be. I could pet him all day and I think he would let me, too.
Jerilyn
Banner courtesy of the amazing Sweetpea.

Until there are none, adopt one!

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/631376
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/650868
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

My brother's fiancee would disagree with you. She was telling my mom the other day that she doesn't like Holden's hair because "It feels like a brillo pad". When my mom said no it doesn't! it feels like cotton!, she then said "well then that must be why I don't like him. I don't like cotton." :roll: :roll: :roll: =; What exactly does she think her clothes are made of? :?:
ImageImageImage