Returning Food?

Topics, guidelines and tips for feeding Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Returning Food?

Post by Jeff&Peks »

I had to return a bag of Nutro to Healtypet yesturday becouse i found a small hole in the bag, I'm sure the hole was just from the fold crease at the top of the bag but don't want to take any chances. Healtypet exchanged it with no problem but what I want to know is where is that bag going, Resealed and back on the shelf? Tossed in the trash or sent back?. I know pet-smart has a great return policy but thats the reason i started buying Pekoe's food from Healtypet I don't want to take a Chance i'm buying a resealed bag. What are they doing with the returned food?
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
WildThings
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Returning Food?

Post by WildThings »

I don't know how many places do this, but Wal-Mart, K-Mart and the local pet store where I used to live donated that kind of stuff to the humane society, unless there was something wrong with the food. Any bags that had been opened, torn, etc. were donated. I always worried some about the donations, you just never know what some sick person could put in the bag before returning it, but Marietta's Humane Society never had a problem with any of their dog food. I know Wal-Mart had a strict policy about selling dog/cat food that had been returned or the bag torn. I don't know if that was a local Wal-Mart policy, a company policy, or a stipulation of the USDA.
Amanda
ImageSweetpea Designs
"Many people talk to animals...not many listen though. That's the problem" The Tao of Pooh
Ginger Bears Mom
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Ginger Bears Mom »

Good questions, we do not have that retailer in our area. I would hope they all return to Nutro for credit. OBTW and not to change your topic here, check out the link below. New to all of this researching stuff and Nutro gives breeders a lot of incentives, do you think other brands do the same?

http://www.nutroproducts.com/breeders.shtml

Again sorry for going off topic.
Betty, Ziggy's Mom
Ginger Bears Mom ~ In Loving Memory, 8.5.93 - 11.16.07

"Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next."
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Alot of them do it but I don't really like that Nutro does, I thought Nurto would be above all that but money is money what ever it takes, Breeder incentives? It actually means the more dogs you breed the more food we can sell. It it wern't that Pekoe has been on Nutro her whole life and I don't want to get in to changing foods this late in life I would dump them in a Second for offering breeder incentives. I'm sure like Hills, Eukanuba, Perina and the rest Nutro is going for the Bigger ligit breeder but still, next they will be sponsering dog shows.

Thats what happens when Something becomes populer they worry more about Commercial then they do the product.

Of course they could regain my support if they offered Rescue and shelter incentives. For every dog a shelter dosn't kill we will give you shelter bucks. Now someone will say Pedigee Does but Pedigree makes millions from that commercial.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
cheriekynb
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: Nor Cal - LOL, or Wine Country as the natives call it.

Post by cheriekynb »

I can't remember where I saw this, probably in Costco or a feed store, but I HAVE seen bags taped closed and resold at a discount.
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Now that you mention it there is a store in Oakland like that and I've been to one in LA but walked out i forget the name, they were selling top brand foods but all the food was expired and alot the bags were taped, Guess we know where the returned food goes now. Beware of the discount pet food sign.

ImageImage
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

Jeff, this may come as a big shock to you, but Nutro has already been sponsoring dog shows, and they always have booths setup at dog shows pimping their product, lots of little Nutro sample packs given away at the shows. :lol:

What you all fail to realize is companies like Purina pour money into canine health programs and people that participate in the Purina Pro Club program send in the weight circles from the food they buy. Those coupons are redeemed for either vet services or merchandise, and everytime they turn those in, Purina sends money to the breed club that the breeder chose, that money is in turn used for Chow welfare, like in the case where they just sent thousands of dollars to support the 30 some odd Chows on the west coast that the lady was going to have shot. You should study where the money goes before you bash! :roll:
Sam

Keeper of the furry things...Master of the kibble....Scooper of the poo!
BooBooBear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by BooBooBear »

I have a bunch of those circles and haven'y heard from the rescue i was saving them for so could i send them in to help or could you use them for a Chow rescue???

Samantha

Leo(Booboobear) 12/23/1993-3/3/2007

"You'll Always Be In My Heart"
I will always cherish your unconditional friendship!!!