My Fun Afternoon

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Auddymay

My Fun Afternoon

Post by Auddymay »

Hi all, Lily here! I wanted to put this on here before the lady does, because she only ever tells her side! Here is mine. Mum was talking to this stranger at the front door who monitors our water quality, when I saw a perfect opportumity to escape! Out I went! Mum told the guy to try and grab me, and thet played monkey in the middle, til it dawned on me I could run away. So I ran straight for the bizzy road (that is what mum calls it). She yelled NO LILY, NO! But I am smart, I stayed out of the road. I went left, then left again at the neighbors.

At this point, I lost sight of mum. There were bunnies to be flushed and smells to smell! Every now and then I saw mum slowly driving her car, so I stood still and she never spotted me. Mum later said she never saw hide nor hair of me for 2 whole hours. I was right there, but I stayed hidden. She even tried to track me in the snow! Silly mum, she found out I don't walk in a straight line, I circle and bop about.

Mum was putting Pip in the car, and I was watching her from next door calling me. She finally spotted me, and asked if I wanted to go Bye Bye. I love going bye bye normally, but not today! She walked toward me, and I figured it would be fun having her around, but not too close. I wanted to show mum a bunbun hole and trotted off. She said she had to pick up my girl and to stay put. Then she left!

After a bit she came back. I had stayed there, but was not ready to come in. No treat could tempt me. Mum walked with me to where the houses get thick, and said she needed the car. She left and came back with the car. She was driving real slow where she last saw me, and I hid, but watched. She turned around, and this dog in a yard across the street from me told her I was hiding. Mum stopped, and I hid better (I thought), but suddenly there was 2 dogs in a kennel right next to me going all crazy! They told my mum I was over by them.

Mum was out of her car, and I had had enough, so I gave up and went right to her. She told me I was a good girl and gave me a treat! Now we are in the house. I am tired, but, oh! What a day!
Here I am, after a fun filled afternoon...
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Oh! Oh! Ooooooooooh! Lily, you are a naughty chow girl running away from your Mummy. You should stay on the doorstep with her and listen to what they were saying about the water. Then you would know if it was nice water to drink.
How are you going to know if it is nice water to drink?
What if somebody had pinched you or you have got run over!

OoooooooooooH you are a naughty girl!! :shock:
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

Lily, you don't look your usual groomed self..... I look like that when I've been playing super hard in the lake & mud (2 of my favourite things) You must have had a GREAT time. Alf, he looks like that most of the time. Your Mama sounds nicer than mine, she flips out when I run off :roll:

Millie
Last edited by Layla on Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thank you Elodie!
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

lol this mom would have told you that you were a bad girl! Scaring your mom that way is not nice! I think you need a bath but only if you hate them and a good long lecture about safety and mom's nerves!
Shug and Chloe do think you're cool though getting out on your own w/out that leash thing so that you can go and do whatever you want. You're their hero!
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

It was snowing, but no bother! Mrs. Fox, who could possibly catch me? I am suspicious of strangers, they can't catch me! Mum says not liking people keeps me from crossing the bizzy road. She may be right! Butters, she used to go all nutso, but someone told her it makes things worse.
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

Lily you are gonna give your mamma a heartattack. You had just better stay close for a while.
SweetPea Rocks!!
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

Ms. Lily! It's not nice to hide from Mommy! Don't ever go near that bizzy road!
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
Coco Chow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Coco Chow »

Oh Lily, don't tell Coco how to escape or I'll have the heart attack!
Elodie
please help feed animals in shelters for free, click daily on the yellow button http://clicanimaux.com/
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

I've been lucky so far, Butters got away once when we moved he was scared of the new door (weirdo) I was brused from my diving catch 4 doors down [-X . Once in 3 1/2 years, I hope it is at least that long before he gets away again.
SweetPea Rocks!!
chow fancier
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chow fancier »

Lily,

You should be ashamed of yourself!! [-X You are a very bad little girl. :twisted: You know your Mommy does not want you to run away from her and you keep doing it! And hiding from your Mommy when she calls you is so very bad!!! One of these days you are going to get hurt. And now your Mommy is going to have to give you a bath! We are all going to hold hands and pray that you won't do it anymore and will stay safe, hold out your paws Cinder and Teddy. [-o|

Auddymay,

I have a swinging dog gate at my front door so when I answer the door and leave the dog gate closed, it's like I have a dutch door. With your escape artist, it is something you might want to try.
Jerilyn
Banner courtesy of the amazing Sweetpea.

Until there are none, adopt one!

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/631376
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/650868
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

Jerilyn the gate is a great idea. I always worry one will get brave and decide to dart out the door or one of the kids when they are here will accidently let one out. My nerves couldn't take an escape! I especially worry when I'm not here and hubby is in charge. I found out that he let the 8 year old hold the leash in Petsmart parking lot during crazy shoppers December! :twisted: :wall:
I'm putting a gate up!
puddinglove
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by puddinglove »

Oh my goodness Auddymay, almost three hours of this!!! I would have had the heart attack, thrown a tantrum, screamed for dh, the works!!! I'm so glad Lily's home, safe and sound, but really, what a day!

Lily, what a very bad girl you were today :evil: Having fun at mommy's expense is not something you should do! Bad girl!
chris

Post by chris »

Steel here... Good job Lilly, sounds like your evasive skills are on the rise. Keep up the field training there Lilly my sweet!

Steel out!

SEMPERCHOW!
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

This was the first (and last) time she has darted out a door. When I bring her in from outdoors, she can escape but the routine is unhook, stand on the landing, wait for mum to open the kitchen door. The door to freedom is open and only my lags are in the way. Rout training tells her to wait to go inside. It doesn't occur to her to try and run. It was my fault for not shutting the front door before opening the porch door.
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Naughty Lily

Post by CoraP. »

What a scare you must have had! Molly darted out our front door one time. Luckily my nephew (who's on the track team), quickly sprinted after her and caught up to her in time.

Lily, you'd better not do that again!! I know how scary that is to your mom!
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
cheriekynb
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: Nor Cal - LOL, or Wine Country as the natives call it.

Post by cheriekynb »

Lily, you have to secretly teach me how you sneak out doors!! What a grand adventure you had! :) I know, you're Mum was freakin' out the whole time huh?
Haley
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Haley »

I didn't see that picture from when she got in. :lol:
janet
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by janet »

sorry miss auddymay, but mr bigz and me think lily is way cool for doin this, too. our mom would be hysterical if we ever ran away.
my stupid lil brother got off the leash once while we were walking and just booked. wow is he fast for a chubby. the more mommy called and chased him the faster he ran. i was kinda laughing cause i didnt think that mommy could run that fast neither. she did sure catch him. she was really mad. she even broke her nail. i just dont understsnd why he wanted to run away from us. i do tease him sometimes, i do confess.
she caved and even gave him a goodie that time too.
lily our parents really love all of us so next time dont stay out that long, k?
your friend luna.
anyone can own a dog, it takes someone special to own a chow.Image
sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sit_by_the_beach »

Lily, I have my problems too. I am not allowed to enjoy my teens. I have to go where the adults go. I have tried to escape, I succeeded once, caught a skunk which was no fun. Nasty world out there.
KARIN &
chowMIKKI

Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

Mom here: Lily, that was a naughty girl!

Holden here: Lily, I would escape with you anytime! Ever since my mommy had my back yard fenced in, I don't have as many opportunities to get out and make sure the neighborhood is safe and rabbit/squirrel free. :cry:

I did get out when my Uncle Rusty came over to help my daddy make that one room with the big machines look really different, but I wasn't out long. Daddy tackled me! :evil: I can usually stay away from my mommy, but my daddy has long legs and usually catches me fast.

I will have to teach Hannah about this so that she can help me with those squirrels. Maybe then I could stay out longer since mommy would have to try to catch us both... :wink:
ImageImageImage
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Lily again- Fences are not our friends! If you have someone fast that can catch you (I don't) run into the woods, or even a patch of thicket. Slows em right down. Also, I may be little, but I am very light and fast. Ask Chris and my sweet Steelo. When I was lose in Ohio, I tore up a 40 acre parcel like I was a gazelle. I come back when I am tired, whatza big deal?

Mum here- She doesn't run away, she has less than half a square mile she goes, it's the cars that scare me, we live on a busy street, which she seems to avoid...except the edge, which she used when she first ran today. Her beelining toward traffic was the worst part. She has gotten away enough times that I am on to her modus operendi! I was looking for her 3 blocks to the west of me, very residential, and as I was slowly driving, I saw 3 different squirrels run out into the street. If she had been anywhere on that road, she would have been on them. :lol: :lol: I went and looked elsewhere.
Salandra
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Salandra »

Oh, Lily! Jaz here. I would have been scared to watch mommy drive away and would have went home. But then when I saw her come back I would have hidden again :wink: Don't want her to know I get scared! It's fun to have adventures on our own, but it does make my mommy upset when I get away. If she just chilled, she'd know I come home when I get done exploring. :roll:
~ Sally
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Oh Lily my sweet, you are so lucky! I haven't been out on my own since the great Summer'06 escape.

But guess what did happen? You remember a few months ago you posted about the "travesty" that occurred when they dropped the leash and you didn't realize. It happned to me too!! My Daddy does it pretty often, but I'm always busy with something else. :( Cet la vie I guess. Mommy says it's for the best, but whose best I argue? I cna walk myself, I'm a big boy, I'm about a month from my 3rd b-day. She says that I make her hair turn grey when I walk myself. :roll:
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
Mia
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Mia »

HO! Ho!

Mia here, way to go baby!!

I once got away from mommy when she had a broken leg and a cast on. It was so funny to watch her hobbling after me. I kept looking back, giving her a chowy smile and running on.

I did stop every couple of seconds, so she could catch up. Then, as soon as she got close, I would hop away. She had that funny, squinchy look on her face, like she was in pain. And, she kept hollering my name. Oh, it was great fun.

Finally, I gave up. Mommy just doesn't know how to play catch very well. So, I let her catch me. Oh, was yelling at me and hugging me at the same time. She never really yells at me, so maybe I won't do that too often.

Plus, it took us half an hour to get home and mommy doesn't walk well on all fours. I kinda felt sorry for her.
Mia
Chloe's Mom
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Chloe's Mom »

That. was. amazing! I'm in awe. I managed to snap away from my mom once over the summer. She apparently doesn't find squirrels as fascinating and chase-worthy as I do. Well, in a moment of inattention (hers) I made a run for it and it yanked the leash from her hand. This was in a park that is not fenced in and there is a very busy road on one side. Well, that darn squirrel got away. I didn't go near the road. I trotted back to my mom like everything was normal :-oo but you could tell she wasn't too happy with me :-L (that's how her face was.) I could tell from her energy she was, hmmm, what's that term that humans use...oh, yeah, having a coronary over this. I haven't had the opportunity to test my skills again but I'm keeping my eyes open and my nose in the air to sniff out more chaseable adventures. But you didn't hear that from me :-$ :biggergrin:

Chloe