Finally, chows everywhere!

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Finally, chows everywhere!

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Last week I saw 4 chows at work!! 4!! I was soooo happy and I'm sure I scared some of the owners with my happiness. :D There was one that I didn't have the chance to meet but just saw walking by. There was one who was about two, and he had a new pit bull puppy brother. I think everyone thought it was odd that there I was gushing over the chow, not the puppy. :D These owners weren't too excited to be talking to me. :D Then I saw a couple with two chow chows. They were a bit weirded out by my eagerness but then they became quite chatty. One of their chows was 13 and one was 9. The 13 year old wagged his tail like crazy at everything. He was so cute, he'd come over every chance for petting. The 9 year old female was very prim and proper and played hard to get and turned her sweet chow back on me and sat watching the world pass while I talked to her mom. She told me they were both rescues and then at one point, I looked over at the husband and he lifted the 13 year old so the chow could see over a railing. What's amazing is that the 13 year old kept that happy, relaxed face the whole time he was in the air. He was actually having fun! Special would never go for that. :D It was the cutest thing.
Then, earlier this week, a couple with a young child came in and asked em about training. They told me they were getting a puppy later that very day, I asked what kind and they said chow chow! I got so happy, I told them I have one too. We ended up talking for about 40 minutes. It was great. The next day they came back and showed off their cute ball of fluff. He's a very curious, sweet fun-loving 8 week old. He is super cute. He was all wags and wiggles too, came over petting a lot. He's a little cinnamon. The family was so happy and they were so proud to show him off, it was so cute. While we were talking, the little guy found a leaf and picked it up and proudly sat down with it in his mouth. It looked this was the best treasure he could have ever found. (I love that proud look chows get. :D )
I was so excited to see that many chow chows, and of course to talk about Special even more than normal. I showed everyone a picture of him. :D
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

I too, get very excited when I see other chows.the people probably think I'm crazy :roll: it sounds like a run on chows in maryland!
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

I do it too...and I notice that if I have my two with me, other people with chows will do the same thing...
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

I never see Chow Chows around here :?
ImageImageImage
Mia
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Mia »

Isn't it funny how chow chow owners seem the proudest of all dog owners. Hmmm...I wonder...is that because chows are worth being so proud of...

Oh, think so!

Sometimes, I feel like I am the only chow owner in Georgia.

Oh, I know there must be a bunch, but I just don't see them out.

Yes, we chow owners are a "mushy, gushy lot of people".
Mia
Piff Poff
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Piff Poff »

When people ask me what type of dog I have and I say Chow Chow and a puzzled look comes over their faces when they say 'What do they look like?' I just rummage in my purse and dig out the photos.

Then I get the weird look - she has photos of her dog in her purse :roll: Crazy lady! lol.

I would love to see other Chow Chows whilst out walking!
Mia
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Mia »

OH yes, me to. I think I am a gusher like chowfrnd88. I could go on for hours chatting about chows.

That's why I am here, anywhere else, they would lock me up. LOL!
Mia
Mally
Rank 2
Rank 2

Chows

Post by Mally »

Oh I'm from Australia and Chows are quite rare here so I never get to see other Chows! But I think I'll join the state Chow club so Lychee can play with other Chows.
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

It sounds like you had a lot of fun! :D

I wish I ran into more chows and chow owners. The only time I ever see them is at Petsmart. I just love to be walking around with Tippsy and have chow owners walk up to me and start talkin' about their chows and we'll stand there for it seems like hours talkin' about them. HEHE! It's great isn't it?

And if I don't have Tippsy with me I'll pull out picks of her if I start convos with other chow owners... :D

Jess
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Oh yes, it's the best. Chows are just the best! :D

LOL, I have pictures of Spesh with me all the time too. :D
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

I saw a lady with 2 beautiful red chows (brother & sister) in the park yesterday. Even the chows were happy to see more like them :lol:
Thank you Elodie!
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Oh that's awesome!!! :D
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

I think all of us chow owners do it. It is natural thing. We love our chows, we love the breed, we get way to happy when we see another of our own. Besides they are just way too darn sweeet and wonderful not to gush.
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

LOL, you're right Red :D
Rowlee
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rowlee »

Piff Poff wrote:When people ask me what type of dog I have and I say Chow Chow and a puzzled look comes over their faces when they say 'What do they look like?' I just rummage in my purse and dig out the photos.

Then I get the weird look - she has photos of her dog in her purse :roll: Crazy lady! lol.

I would love to see other Chow Chows whilst out walking!
It's exactly the same for me :!:

But when we were at puppy school last week, a lady came into the vets where its held, to get something for her dogs and said "oh My God, it's a chow". Turns out she has 2 chows and lives 10 minutes drive from us. SHe gave us her name and address and we are going to go visit her and her chows!! I was really thrilled to come across another chow owner. :D

Thanks so much Sweetpea, you're a star!
chris

Post by chris »

lol.. you guys wanna here something? Of course I am all about my chow boy Steelo... BF says that when it comes to him I am always making excuses for his behavior... Im like.. oh.. so is that like when I make the excuses for YOUR behavior.. LMAOROTF.. he laughs.
He says that when it comes to Steel he can do no wrong.. I said.. "YEP.... it's the life of owning a chow.. the smartest canine on earth!"
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

I thought of this thread today when a lady took a crazy detour of the road because she wanted to talk to me (I had M&A with me of course) I was a little freaked but we had a great chat :lol:
Thank you Elodie!
zingara_princepessa
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by zingara_princepessa »

Layla -

I take that same detour, and scare the snot outta people when I see a chow chow in SF. People give me the oddest looks!

teehee...
Jenn & Orso the Magnificent!
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

zingara_princepessa wrote:Layla -

I take that same detour, and scare the snot outta people when I see a chow chow in SF. People give me the oddest looks!

teehee...
:lol:
Thank you Elodie!
Piff Poff
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Piff Poff »

The ladies at Curves have requested that Henry visits tomorrow when I go for my workout. I ended up showing my pictures again :roll: I'm the crazy chow lady for sure now!