WOW Brad Pitt!!!

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

WOW Brad Pitt!!!

Post by vicster605 »

When Brad Pitt and Angelina moved to New Orleans after Katrina.....I soooo couldn't understand WHY they would want to do that....of course they got a Million $ home in the Garden District. Didn't think it would last....
Last night on the news Brad Pitt DONATED 5 Million of his OWN money to re-build homes in the Ninth Ward WOW!!! Then he started a re-building program to get corporations, churches, businesses etc to sponsor their own houses to be re-built.....all to be built green and withstand 500 mile an hr winds and float or be built raised from the ground....
The reporter asked him WHY the Ninth Ward.....since it is in a bad flood area....and he said because of the PEOPLE that live there......and he said thats its funny that the Military is building Million $ Barricks right down the road.....so isn't that sending the people MIXED messages??
Very Interesting!!! I may have to start likin' Brad & Angelina again :lol: :lol: =D= =D=
AWSOME THING for Brad & Angelina to do!!!!! =D= =D=
Just thought I would share......

Thanks Sweetpea!
sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sit_by_the_beach »

I watched CNN last night and I must say I was a little impressed by Brad Pitt. I am not much of an accountant, I do wonder if there is a hidden agenda? Getting rid of money before paying taxes on it. Let's hope it came from the bottom of his heart without the thought of what's behind it.
Karin
KARIN &
chowMIKKI

Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

I thought the same thing, they needed to unload some money by the end of the year but at least they picked that cause to donate it to so what ever the hidden meaning that says something for the happy Hollywood duo. Personally I would have stayed with Jennifer Aniston but I guess Brad and I have differant taste.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

That was a nice thing to do but I still don't like Brad.
ImageImageImage
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

LOL!!! I never even thought about it that way :lol: :lol:Didn't know it made the CNN too LOL!!!! I saw it on local :lol: :lol: I thought it was some kind of publicity stunt to move down here after the storm.....for whatever reason......for the life of me, still don't get WHY...when you can live ANYWHERE in the world you want to??? Never thought about a tax right-off......sure is the right time of year....isn't it??? Guess they could of given it to someone else though. The poor people of the Ninth Ward appreciate it, I'm SURE OF IT ......now I have to only give them half the credit :lol: :lol:

Thanks Sweetpea!
coleywoley
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by coleywoley »

Isn't he really into architecture too? Maybe he's helping with the designing and all that. Plus going green is the big hollywood thing these days. It is a nice thing regardless of why he does it. Do the people who lived there before get these houses or is it going to help put money into pockets of people who don't already need the help?

Thank you so much sweetpea you are wonderful!!!
jerryo

Post by jerryo »

Reportedly he is sponsoring some houses designed to float if the place floods again. Didn't the Cajuns used to call those "houseboats"? :D Another "green" idea was to plant vines along the sides of the houses to provide more insulation. I guess nobody told them about swamp rats. :lol:
Yet another Sweetpea masterpiece
coleywoley
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by coleywoley »

We pay goats in Chattanooga to eat some of the kudzu growing on the sides of mountains and buildings here. No one thinks of it as insulation-its to damaging for that.

Larry Harris
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Larry Harris »

kudzu
I was amazed last year on a visit to Atlanta. That stuff is everywhere.

Larry
sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

A whole lot of Hollywooders lived in the Toronto area when it was Hollywood north. Now that the movie making isn't happening here no more, the stars have to invest their money elsewhere. They get the most value of their money by living in a poor state. Something to do with the taxes. I don't like Brad Pitt, I guess A. has more money than J.
Karin
KARIN &
chowMIKKI

CloudeSkie
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by CloudeSkie »

Brad Pitt in the Garden District???

Hmmm, I wonder if he was trying to become "Louis" (Interview with the Vampire) for real?
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

Well I didn't like Brad and Jen breaking up..felt like he cheated on her with the hoochie mama Jolie. :roll: BUT...alot of stars have donated money, houses, playgrounds, etc. to the Katrina effort and I know they are involved in causes abroad so I wouldn't jump to the 'tax break' conclusion. He's doing a good deed. We are a nation of cynics.
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

LOL Jerryo....I'm getting slow in my ol' age... :laughloud: Yup, Brad Pitt didn't invent the Houseboat...they have been around here as long as I have and before!!! :lol: :lol: Best part is I didn't get it until you said it!!!! Yup a house that floats is sure enough a houseboat :laughloud:LOL!!!Sat and watched it on the news and thought hey that would be an idea down there :laughloud: We used to refer to a Swamp Rat as someone who spent too much time in the swamps, trappin', fishin' etc......or a Nutra- which is a huge (size of a sm. dog) vegetation eating critter that looks like a rat :lol: :lol:
Hey, and we have vines growin' on our houses down here already too :roll: Dang, I must have been half asleep!!!LOL!!!
Coleywoley- I think the houses go to the people that own the property...not sure who will profit...hope its the people of the Ninth Ward...but I can't imagine the houses will be a donation to the people....thats for sure.....
Kudzu....that one I never heard of....this is the name of a vine???
Karin- we have some of the HIGHEST TAXES and INSURANCE and still is one the poorest states....... probably due to all the crooked Politics that goes on in this state.....so I'm sure nobody is living here to get the most value from their dollar.....
Hey CloudeSkie---HUMMMM could be now that you mention it :lol: :lol:

Thanks Sweetpea!
coleywoley
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by coleywoley »

Kudzu is an ivy looking plant with much bigger leaves. It covers everything in its path and grows like crazy. You will see trees covered with blankets of kudzu. It was planted widely for erosion control down here.

sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

Maybe this Brad fellow is a nice guy. Not nice to be a cynic, sorry, found this on a online news channel
http://www.makeitrightnola.org./index.php

Karin
KARIN &
chowMIKKI

bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

I actually saw a bit on this a while back.
It is my understanding that is why they moved
to New Orleans. In the news blip I saw a few
months ago, Brad Pitt already had his plan outlined
and near ready to implement.
I think it is comendable of him and Angelina to
become pro-active and not just talk about it.
They actually make things happen.
Seems Angelina and Brad make a great team.
Kudos to them both!
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

I still say that for whatever their reasons....if they are helping people who are less forunate than they are, during the worst times of their lives.... it has to be a GOOD THING. And I for one would never knock someone for trying to help them out. Yes, they do deserve KUDOS!!!!
Sorry about laughin' about the houseboat thing....you would kinda have to be from here or have visited here to understand....why I found that very funny....mostly because it didn't cross my mind...that a house that floats is a houseboat LOL!!!

Thanks Sweetpea!
sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

I watched CNN last night--Larry King live, interview with Brad Pitt, very interesting to actually see the area being rebuild.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/politi ... d.pitt.cnn

Karin
KARIN &
chowMIKKI

vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Theres alot of New Orleans History in the Ninth Ward...alot of the orginal Jazz musicans and of course Fats Domino was raised and lived there....he almost drowned in his home during Katrina.
It would be wonderful if all of the Pink turned to homes again....but I haven't seen them talk to much about the re-built homes....haven't heard or seen many.
We will see how it goes.....I'm hoping to catch a rerun on the interview with Brad Pitt. They were talking on the radio yesterday that he and A are in town for a couple weeks....that if we see them out and about to try and leave them alone because they said one of the reasons they choose to live down here is nobody really bothers them :lol:
I hope that he is able to accomplish what he has set out to do...would be wonderful for the people of the Ninth Ward. Its a shame the local government hasn't found rebuilding the Ninth Ward as important as Brad Pitt does. There is still alot of people from down there that think the the levees were breeched ON PURPOSE to spare the French Quarter. And nobody has been able to tell them any different. Some say there heard a LOUD BOOM and then the levees broke.....guess we will never know the answer to that one.
Thanks Karin :wink:

Thanks Sweetpea!