Kongs????

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Kongs????

Post by Jeff&Peks »

I just wasted $17.95 on a Kong. I brought it home all excited, Pekoe's going to love this, stuffed it with junk treats and peanut butter, she walks up to it sniffs it then walks out the door. I picked up the Kong and said Peks look cookies, she ran like I had nail clippers in my hand.

Weekend midnight madness sale at Pekoe-mart this weekend, Clearance sale on Kongs, stuffed animals, treats, foods and other assortments of toys and beds, doors open at midnight
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

Holden has NEVER been into Kongs even though a lot of other people swear by them... /shrug
ImageImageImage
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

Butters is the same way. He thinks you are trying to torture him with it.
SweetPea Rocks!!
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

I used one with Tod when I had to crate him during the day. I'd stuff it with pieces of treats to keep him occupied. My others turn their snouts up at Kongs.

Midnight madness, huh? How much are stuffed animals going for??? I usually pick them up at garage sales for .25. The way Tod de-stuffs them I'd be in the poorhouse if I bought all of them brand new.

BTW, he's becoming a big boy now and no longer has to be crated. I only used it as a last resort when he chewed my ottoman. Leather furniture is nice for the dog hair, but isn't cheap to replace. I do give him credit for choosing to chew the smallest piece of furniture...probably the only reason he's still here with me. :wink:
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Kearra & Kyra don't like the Kong either.....looked at it, sniffed it and on to something else.
Nope don't need stuffed animals we have Mardi Gras :lol: :lol:
LOL fillyok :roll:

Thanks Sweetpea!
coleywoley
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by coleywoley »

Ginger loves her kong, i use it to keep her occupied during grooming. None of the other doggies have interest in them though. Max however is huge on the stuffed animal shredding.

Thank you so much sweetpea you are wonderful!!!
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

I put the recipe you posted for frosty paws in their kongs this summer Jeff. Thats the only time they were interested :D
Thank you Elodie!
sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sit_by_the_beach »

I also wasted money to buy a dust collector, ditto for the rope, same with stuffed toys. My first chow Luna and now my chow Mikki prefer to chase live critters.

Donated the squeaky toys and rope and kong to a dog rescue.

Karin
KARIN &
chowMIKKI

Boggled
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Boggled »

Nikita does not like them either, I think she doesn't like that she has to "work" for her treat.
Bubba the pug loves them.
I fill them with peanut butter, and Nikita will only eat what's on the outside and then she pouts, 'cause she thinks Bubba has some great treat and she's missing out.
I had to give it up to make it fair :)
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

With a Chow its more like, "Hey, what's with the dog stuff, you see a dog around somewhere, are we getting a dog?" Just give me the treat box I don't need to dig in this thing.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

I have a useless Kong as well. Pip licks the frozen PB out with a vengence but it is more like she wishes I was smarter at giving treats than actual play.
Larry Harris
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Larry Harris »

Please forgive me for being so bold. If you have toys that your kids do not want to play with our kid love them all.

Butters sent a box of unwanted toys and they are having a great time with them. Yoshi and Maxwell also sent a box that they went shopping for. They enjoyed shopping and our kids love them too.

PM me for our address if you would like to empty your closet and share your unwanted toys.

If you do not want to ship them maybe take them to the local shelter or rescue group.

Larry
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Good idea! I also have some pretty good coupons for Pedigree products you can have-most are for their Goodlife Recipe line, which is their best stuff. Dentabones and Jumbones are there too, but Lily can't do corn, though she loves the Jumbones!
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Your local rescues and shelters will also take the stuff, homeless shelters and Missions will also take it for the People that wouldn't give up their pets when life took a turn. I usually have some unwanted stuff in my car so when I see a homeless person with a dog I give it to them.

There use to be a homeless guy with a Chow that hung out by Ralph's he was using a rope for a leash so I tried to give him a new leather collar and leash I had bought for Pekoe I didn't want, the homeless guy wouldn't take it he didn't want his Chow to get uppity. He was a nice guy and took good care of his Chow he just didn't want the finer things in life.

ImageImage