Dog Doors

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Dog Doors

Post by Jeff&Peks »

I just spent $100 plus another $50 for paint, trim and lumber on an access door (dog Door), 3 days to cut out and frame a wall to install it so Pekoe can come in and out when she wants. Guess what, Pekoe wants no part of it, she stands at the door and knocks and refuses,s to use her door. So now I'm using tough love, doors shut, she's knocking and wants in, hopefully she will get the idea and use her door.
Another item for the Chow trash can along with beds, dog houses and toys.
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

When will you ever learn, Jeff? When?! :lol:
kingalls

Chow Accessories

Post by kingalls »

Jeff,
Just like you, we have an assortment of Chow accessories. Our most recent purchase are permanent gates to install in strategic entry ways. They will replace the temporary gates that we put up and put away every day. We hope these will be sturdy enough to hold Mr. N's weight. He gets a bit upset if I need to go out of the room and disappear from sight.
We have given away a number of different treats that got the indignant nose up rating. We have an assortment of brushes that have been chewed beyond recognition as their comment on the necessity of grooming.
So far I think their favorite toy is the paper plate after eating the Frosty Paw. What won't we do for them? :D
Debbie
Rank 1
Rank 1

doggie doors and Pekoe

Post by Debbie »

Jeff, I had to laugh when I read Pekoe won't use his doggie door. What a dignified fellow not to lower himself! Methinks he is playing a little game with you.
Bones plays a funny game with me. He sits at the top of the stairs looking like he wants to go outside, but because experience has taught me that he won't go out always, I say to him "If you want to go out you have to come to the bottom of the stairs. I' m not freezing while you decide if you want to go out" so he will then obidiently come to the last 2 stairs and I will open the door. He then proceeds to walk up the stairs BACKWARDS and look at me with the cutest gotcha face! Debbie and Bones
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Oh! Oh!
Well done Pekoe.
Did you not remind your Daddy you are a Chow and not a dog. He should have bought a Chow door!
That is very stupid to expect you to come through a dog door.
Perhaps your Daddy thinks you do not like the proper door!!

Snuffles and purple kisses. 8) 8)
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Pekoe's door

Post by Jeff&Peks »

I tried to avoid the word dog door, notice I said access door. Anyway Pekoe is slowly getting use to the door and uses it when she feels like it. I leave the regular door open for her but my wife gets mad at night because of the bugs so now the neighbors love hearing us argue over who's using what door.

Last night during Pekoe's once month play modes she was running through the house and dove out her door then ran around the yard for a few minutes that must have used up about 2 months worth of play, can't wait to see Pekoes next burst of excitement.in a few months.