Special was bitten!! (he's not hurt)

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Special was bitten!! (he's not hurt)

Post by chowfrnd88 »

The night before last we went to one of our favorite parks (the one where last year Spesh jumped in the lake after the geese). We were walking and a woman with a little beagle approached us and asked if they could meet. We said sure and without warning as soon as Special was within reach the beagle lept up and bit him! I was STUNNED. The beagle retreated and had a HUGE chunk of Special's hair in his mouth. The woman laughed and said "sorry" and walked off while we checked Special over. The beagle got him near his ear but it looks like his mouth slipped down onto Special's mane and that's how he got the chunk of hair. By Special's ear there was a lot of slobber and disheveled hair, but that's all luckily. We were so mad. :evil: :evil: She hightailed it out of there with her dog and I wanted to yell after her "can I have my chow chow's hair back!!!" :evil:

Special Dark didn't do anything the whole time, it was hubby who had to pull him away, he just stood there calmly and quietly. He looked like he was thinking "ooookkkkkaaayy, chill out." He didn't look the slightest bit annoyed or affected in any way emotionally by it! That's my sweet, wonderful boy.
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
j72
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by j72 »

That is just RUDE!!! What a horrible woman!
But Special handled it like a true gentleman! What a guy....
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Miserable Cow! (Edit: I should not have said cow - all the cows I have ever known have been sweet creatures so I change that to "Miserable, stupid woman"!)
I hate it when people are so blatantly rude - brings out the worst in me I am afraid! Tempts me to say things that are not at all ladylike. :o
Anyway, glad Special is ok and so proud of him. Miserable little beagle. May his, cold, rotten little soul rot in hell! :-x
Last edited by Judy Fox on Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Jeff&Vicki
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Jeff&Vicki »

Before I read the post on lower PH of Chow's I thought other dogs were stupid to attack a dog twice their size. Most of the time they can't see a tail so no signal there. Can't usually see any ears so no signal there. If they are black it's hard to see the eyes. They don't smell like a normal dog, I wonder what they think they are attacking, an alien? :roll:
Next time say "As long as you don't mind if my Chow defends himself if yours gets nippy." :wink:
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." .... Will Rogers
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

Special Dark is such a good boy. Ya know it is funny you mention beagle. When Butters was a puppy (15 weeks) he was terrified of a beagle puppy who was half his size. It was funny to see Butters run and hide from him, Maybe Beagles are EVIL!!! :twisted: :evil:
SweetPea Rocks!!
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

I am so glad he wasn't seriously hurt.

david
sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sit_by_the_beach »

My first chow Luna was an alpha dog. I attributed that for other dogs being nasty to her.

My new chow Mikki is the total opposite, loves every dog that comes along but we have the same problem, most dogs out there want nothing to do with her, except attack. Having been around Luna for more than 10 years, I figure forget about socializing with strange dogs in doggie parks, we now only mix with those we know and like or get along with my chow.

I am glad that Spesh is o.k. and lost his fur only. He could have lost his ear.

Mikki is quite happy being in my company. I have been looking to adopt a playmate as she likes small dogs. I am taking my time, we'll find one eventually.

Karin
KARIN &
chowMIKKI

Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

Sorry! She thinks 'sorry' covers it! Poor Spesh & poor you!

Way to go on the calmness front though Spesh, very very 8)
Thank you Elodie!
ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ciaobella »

Poor Special, having to put up with other people's bratty furkids. Glad he's OK.
Sandy
Owned by Sophie
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

I'm so glad that you and Spesh are
ok!!
It's so upsetting when other people
don't have a clue that even small
furry kids should be well behaved.
Kudos to Spesh for being the "mature"
one!
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Thanks everyone. Yup, this is exactly why we do not go to dog parks when there are actually dogs there. :D

Judy, I LOVED your post. :D :D It made me smile.
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

Poor "baby" Special...what a great boy he is to not bite back and just stand there.

Give him a hug from us.

Sharon, JR and Cheyenne

JR AND CHEYENNE

another special from SWEETPEA PRODUCTIONS
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

It's funny how the whole world assumes chows are mean and I am not saying some aren't..heck I think alot of them are, but what about all of the little yappy dogs. Why aren't they on the news..why are we not warned about them? I have yet to meet a chihuahua that didn't want to eat me and don't get me started on the neighbors two terrier somethings...ugh! "Little" dogs seem to get away with anything. This woman obviously thought since she had the little dog and you had the bigger dog that is was all ok. Well it's not any more ok for them then it is for us. I bet if your chow had been the one to nip she would have freaked out on you. Did she even bother to discipline her dog or did she just laugh which tells her dog it's ok to bite strange dogs?
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

For keeping your calm and cool nature... Good Boy, Special!

I hope the beagle cacks up a whole bunch of chow hair. Me thinks his little beagle throat has never experienced a chow hair ball, otherwise, he would have known better. Sounds like some stupid beagle mom will have to take her not so smart beagle to the vet and spend lots of money because he has a cough that won't quit, or their is a big wad of hairy poop trying to come out from the beagle's other end!
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Sharon, I delivered your hug. :D

Laura, you are so right. If it had been the other way around she would have been upset and checking her dog over. No, she just laughed and that's it, no disipline whatsoever. :(

Zhuyos Mom, :lol: :lol: :lol: I am sure the beagles mom was worried about what was in her beagles mouth when she finally stopped and looked at him. With that much hair, his digective tract was surely affected. :lol:
OriginalRecipe
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Special was bitten!! (he's not hurt)

Post by OriginalRecipe »

chowfrnd88 wrote: Special Dark didn't do anything the whole time, it was hubby who had to pull him away, he just stood there calmly and quietly. He looked like he was thinking "ooookkkkkaaayy, chill out." He didn't look the slightest bit annoyed or affected in any way emotionally by it! That's my sweet, wonderful boy.
Good Grief Katalin,
and yet our chows the viscous rap eh.
Glad he's ok.
Carla
To look toward the future we must understand the past.
cheriekynb
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: Nor Cal - LOL, or Wine Country as the natives call it.

Post by cheriekynb »

:shock: People are just plain WRUDE! I'm glad Special is ok! :)
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Lily here. I can't believe a stupid Beagle attacked you. Oooooh! That makes me so angry! (picture Tweety Bird when he gets angry...same look, only Lily's face) If I were there, that dumb dog would have been toast. He would not have got past me and my 'tude! The nerve! You are too nice to these oafs, my sweet Special Dark Chowclaty goodness!
newguy18
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by newguy18 »

i would of punted that beagle, but thats just me, jersey got kinda sorta in a fight twice in the past week, he was sniffin around my moms friends dog, german shep. and lab, and he pushed jersey down and opened his mouth as if to bite him but he just left it open and growled, no harm but scared jersey bad, then last tuesday we met a big pure german shepherd 110 lbs and that GSD did the same thing, no harm but nipped once or twice. i guess the other dogs where just putting him in his place
Image:Thanks Sweetpea!
Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect.
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Carla, I know---it is so frustrating that they get the bad rep.

Cheriekynb, you're right... people are so wrude :D

Oh my sweet Lily, I wish you were there!! The beagle would've passed out from double cuteness. :D LOL, mommy says I am "'chowclaty' :lol: :lol: too cute Lily." Last week at Petsmart I met a a woman with two terrier mixes and when we were leaving she yelled "bye dark chocolate!"

Newguy, yup if Jersey was being a cute rambunctious puppy, the GSD's were probably saying "behave sonny" :D . Just be careful when Jersey meets older dogs since most of them don't want to bothered too much with puppies. Let them meet and then be on your way so Jersey has many, many positive meetings. If you know a dog, then I'd let them play.
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

I'm glad Special is okay and that he stayed calm. Unfortuneatly that has happened to Dreamdancer one time too many and now if a dog approaches and growls at him, he growls back, then big sister gets in the picture and growls too. It's not a good thing but that's what will happen if they are attacked too many times, they get quick to react. Of course most of these mutts who go after Dreamdancer deserve it.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!