Birds Nesting!! Oh! OH!

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Birds Nesting!! Oh! OH!

Post by Judy Fox »

Oh! Oh!

We are so happy!

Our Daddy combed us through and got two big beautiful bunches of our wool and he put it out on the hedges in our garden for the birds to take for nests for the little birdlings!

First, our Mummy emailed the RSPB which is The Royal Society of the Protection of Birds to ask them if it would be suitable and they emailed our Mummy back and said yes it would be ideal. But not the fluff from the tumble dryer!!

WE think that our wool is just the very best sort of thing to put in nests and our Mummy and Daddy have been watching the Mummy and Daddy birds taking it.

They did not come at first but once the wool had been out for some time, and the rain had been on it to make us just so more beautiful, they took it. So our Daddy is going to comb us again this afternoon and put some more out.

Oh! Oh!, we are so happy.

Love from Milly and Mabel. :D :D
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Shan&Kayla
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Shan&Kayla »

That is such a cute/neat idea....hmmm we have some big fat robins hopping arount the yard lately, we may have to put some fluff out for them :wink:
-Shann
Elaina
Rank 1
Rank 1

Birds and Chow Hair

Post by Elaina »

Hi M&M! What a neat thing for the birdies. I'm gonna tell my humans to do the same thing. They are always talking about what to do with my beautiful hair after my brushings. Maybe this will make up for my chasing the cute little birds that land in my garden! Thanks for the suggestion!

Peace and Purple Blessings to my fellow Chows!

Max-A-Million :D
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Hello My Beautiful SIL's (he! he! - don't worry, I can keep a secret!)

Mommy brushed me a bit outside in Zhu's backyard today. It was a beautiful, sunny day today. So I told her to put my fur between some branches on this citrus tree I sit under so the birdies can make nests with my fur. Oh, I can not wait to see if they take my fur!!! Big brother, Zhuyo, told me that the birds would take cousin Lao's fur right off of cousin Lao! Now how about that, such rude birdies!

xxx's.
Miss Pooh Bear
zingara_princepessa
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by zingara_princepessa »

It's so funny that you mention the chow hair and bird's nests.

Orso is blowing his coat (starting March 1 every year, like clockwork!!) I've been brushing him about every other night. His hair isn't long but is there sure a lot of it! ANyway, when we are done, I grab the hair off the brush, walk across the street to a chain link fence that borders a city park, and toss the clump into the trees and shrubs for the birds.

I've been doing this since March 1. After about 3 weeks, I happened to walk by that fence and had a look. If I didn't know it was me, I would have thought that some poor red-headed something-or-other had been MURDERED on the other side of that fence!! There is so much fur over that fence, I think I could have made a fur coat for a bald chow chow...sheesh!
(teehee)
Jenn & Orso the Magnificent!
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Oh, I am sorry. I forgot to include my picture on my previous post. Don't I look cute with my Easter Bonnet on?!

xxxxxxxxxxxxx's,
Just me, Miss PB!

Post by Guest »

Oh! OH!

Pooh Bear, our beautiful SIL!! (Hee!Hee!)
You are very beautiful in your Easter Bonnet. We did not have an Easter bonnet 'cos our Mummy was busy with Granny.

You are so Pretty!

Love from Milly and Mabel.

Please give our snuggles and snuffles to Zhu.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx