New Site.

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

New Site.

Post by Judy Fox »

Hello everyone, so we have a new form of site!!
This is going to tax my brain - never mind, I will have to get Milly and Mabel to help me.

So Cheers, all - hope to see you all soon. :D
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
SWANCIN
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by SWANCIN »

Hi Judy and all!

This is exciting! --- and we get emoticons too! :)

A Big Thanks to ChowChow Admin for setting this up!

Cindy & Kodi
Cindy & Kodi

I Wanna Go Chase Something!!!!!
Compliments of SWEETPEA - Banner Artiste Extraordinaire

Dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=36558
chowadmin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by chowadmin »

Thank you for the positive input.

NOTE: These info is for when creating, editing or replying a topic.

To post images simply click the "Img" button once then enter the url of the image (example http://www.domain.com/chow.jpg) and click the "Img" after the url. When you mouse over the "Img" button you should see the example code in the gray bar when creating or replying to a topic. The same would apply for the rest of buttons for Bold, Italic, Underline, Quote, Code, LIst, List=, Img and URL.

I hope this make sense.
Best regards,

ChowChow.org Administrator

Join the ChowChow.org Facebook Fan Page and follow on Twitter @chowchoworg
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

This new site is exciting. Much to learn ... I'm a little intimidated by it! :? I'm sorry, but I don't understand how/where to get the URL of my image.

Cindy, is that Kodi?
kingalls

New Site

Post by kingalls »

Can't teach an old dog new tricks didn't include Chows...so happy this site has been updated (Thanks Terry!)...still checking it out and figuring out how to navigate...Karen, Jeff, Mr. N and Shiloh :D [/img]

Post by Guest »

Lou wrote:This new site is exciting. Much to learn ... I'm a little intimidated by it! :? I'm sorry, but I don't understand how/where to get the URL of my image.

Cindy, is that Kodi?
Hi Lou,
Welcome aboard!
No, that's not Kodi - I picked them from the avatar gallery on this site. If I can figure out how to add her (small file size pic) avatar to replace it, I will. She's that coloring though.
Take care,
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Img. :Button.

Post by Judy Fox »

I have been searching the site for the Img. button - could not find it so I came here to ask somebody and there it is!! :oops: Now, I have to work out how to use it - this is so exciting though!
Milly and Mabel, I think, are sitting here thingking "OH! Deary us! when is she going to get it sorted!"
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
chowadmin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by chowadmin »

I created a help page that displays the code need for adding images and other elements.

http://www.chowchow.org/help/

For submitting your own chow photos for the avatar gallery please see the Requests Forum > Avatar Submissions
Best regards,

babu

Post by babu »

This seems to be the same type of BBS engine that the Bluetounged talk on netchows uses , there we can not up load a picture but have to link to it on our own site, however , where my stuff is [ anglefire] the images are blocked from showing up on another site , i know that is perhaps not so clear, there are lots of format codes , i bet we could make crawling banners in colors too!! if we could remember the code.
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Cindy, is that Kodi?

Hi Lou,
Welcome aboard!
No, that's not Kodi - I picked them from the avatar gallery on this site. If I can figure out how to add her (small file size pic) avatar to replace it, I will. She's that coloring though.
Take care,

Hi Cindy!

I was playing around with the site late last night, saw the Avatar gallery and saw the chow you posted. I selected a cream and cinnamon one together and thought it would represent my two until I can figure out how to pixel my photo 80x80...but the avatar gallery shot is not showing up or hasn't yet. I had to bribe my two yesterday to take a picture for the site! Only to find out I still don't have a clue on how to post it. :roll: I sure do have the swing on these emoticons!

It's not raining in my part of town again. Hope it's dry there so Kodi can take a snooze outside on his trampolene bed!

Edit by Chow Admin: Quote fixed.
chowadmin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by chowadmin »

I have enabled uploading of your own avatar image. For details please go to Request Forum > Avatar Submissions > Avatar Submission Guidelines
Best regards,

Zhuyos mom

Posting Images

Post by Zhuyos mom »

chowadmin wrote:I created a help page that displays the code need for adding images and other elements.

http://www.chowchow.org/help/

For submitting your own chow photos for the avatar gallery please see the Requests Forum > Avatar Submissions

Hello!

Aside from submitting a personal photo to your Avatar gallery, does other images we want to post have to come from a site with a URL (for instance: Ofoto, Imagestation, a family web site, etc.), VERSUS a simple image downloaded from our personal computer with no URL? If so (meaning it has to come from a site with a URL), everyone who has an album on Monica or Victory's site can use photos from there. I think....

Also, will that image then be posted below our message or elsewhere?

"back in the day, the abacus was calculator of choice!"
chowadmin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by chowadmin »

Hello!

Aside from submitting a personal photo to your Avatar gallery, does other images we want to post have to come from a site with a URL (for instance: Ofoto, Imagestation, a family web site, etc.), VERSUS a simple image downloaded from our personal computer with no URL? If so (meaning it has to come from a site with a URL), everyone who has an album on Monica or Victory's site can use photos from there. I think....

Also, will that image then be posted below our message or elsewhere?

"back in the day, the abacus was calculator of choice!"
Yes, aside from avatar images, any other images you want to show up in your message body do need to have a full path URL.

example image code:

Code: Select all

[img]http://www.chowchow.org/images/header_02.jpg[/img]
without the extra space in the bracket [ img and [ /img and so on.

That code makes this image show.

The images do need to be hosted on a web server somewhere that you use. There are several free hosting services out there, but many do not allow outside image linking, which in this case is considered outside linking.

The company you get your Internet service from (your dialup, DSL or cable service) provides you with a default web hosting account, at least most Internet Service Providers do these days. You can use this to upload images to your account and you can post images in your message body. For more about this contact your Internet Service Provider.
Best regards,