Accupuncture 2

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

chris

Accupuncture 2

Post by chris »

I know some of you were interested in how things were going. Here it goes.

"did you feel any different or notice anything different"

When I went in yesterday, they asked me that and I had to think... but Yes.. yes I did.

1. No more "dripping" sweat at night. (yes, I know.. grose.. trust me I hate it)

2. The back of my neck and my shoulders were not hurting there for a few days. :D

They asked me if I was emotional...

I said.. Oh yes... just received a letter from my Aunt in the mail this morning and I cried. for no reason. It was a happy story. :roll:

On to the poking again. this time the Dr. put the needles in different spots. As I was laying there.. this time not just my hands were tingly (feeling fat & warm) but it went up to my alboes. And, my face did the same thing this time and when I was done, I looked in the mirror and my neck and chest were kinda blotchy. but it went away real fast.

Oh yea... one of the placements of the needle this time was aimed at my heart.. er.. well not AIMED at my heart.. it was for my heart. The needle went into my rist on the bottom part where all your veins are.. I think it was kinda off to the side a little... not right in the middle.

AND, this time I really relaxed.. I fell asleep.. i remember thinking about walking and climbing all over the rocks on the Wolf river here in Wisconsin with my kids.

I have to go back again next friday. :-)

So... thats it. What do you think Alan?
Boggled
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Boggled »

I'm glad things are feeling better for you, I've been wondering about this since I saw you used it on your chow. It amazes me that he just walked out of there almost completely renewed.

I might start looking into this for myself. So are the treatments weekly?
chris

Post by chris »

I was talking about that with DH lasst night. DH reminded me it was a little different because they were releasing enzimes for Thor. (but maybe thats what they are doing for me too... oh who knows... lol )
sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sit_by_the_beach »

I have some Thai, Korean women friends, a Filipina neighbour, they all add tofu to their soups, dishes, not much. It's rare that asian women experience night sweats. I have added tofu to my dishes including salad. I don't like the taste, the tofu and the tai chi do the trick. No more night sweats for me. And I am waaaayyyy past the menopausal stage. Don't need hormones either.

Karin
KARIN &
chowMIKKI

Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

"I know some of you were interested in how things were going."

Who?

1. "No more "dripping" sweat at night. (yes, I know.. grose.. trust me I hate it)"

Yuck, Nothing like ruining my Illusion of you

"They asked me if I was emotional..."

That's like asking if you shop at Wal-Mart.

"I have to go back again next friday."

Oboy, I can't wait until next Friday to hear about it.

Just kidding Chris, You know if it wern't for me you would be taking hostages at Taco bell and running people over with your shopping cart at Wal-Mart.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
chris

Post by chris »

OHHHHHHHHH... I see Jeff.... I was actualy WAITING for you to come help me with the hostages at Taco Bell... I cant do the job without you.
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

Hi Chris

Glad to se you went back and are feeling more results. This indicates a good sesion as more flow is occuring where it is needed.

You were needled on Pericardium 6 or 7. It is the meridian related to the sack surrounding your heart. Both points allevaite pain and calms the heart. Both also have benefit in reducing bloatedness and have secondary effect on stomach pain and nausea.

Also pc.6 is a universal energy point effecting many other points.

Best wishes in this path.

Alan

JR AND CHEYENNE

another special from SWEETPEA PRODUCTIONS
3blackchows
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 3blackchows »

Since Irish has had such great results w/ it, me & my hubby were thinking of going. There is a accupuncture school down the street from my work. I've called 2 x to make an appt & the suckers haven't called me back :-x

I was spaded some 14 years ago & have been on HTR & have been going thru the pause" for 2 years now. The nite swaets will kill ya, then came the sleeplessness & migraines. Then came anxiety. I thought I was loosing it. Dr. put me on Paxil & the most of the above stopped. Bad side affect is weight gain... The migraines still come, but don't stop me dead in my tracks. I'm trying to get into the accupuncturist in hopes it will help me. I don't like taking pills & the add'l 15 lbs is aggrivating.

Jeff: You are too much. I'm sure yo'd be right there helping Chris @ Taco Bell. Of course Peks would be waiting in the get away car.....

Chris, please keep me posted. I'm really interested.
Momma Chow Celeste to Gorman, Onyx & Irish
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

3blackchows wrote:Since Irish has had such great results w/ it, me & my hubby were thinking of going. There is a accupuncture school down the street from my work. I've called 2 x to make an appt & the suckers haven't called me back :-x

I was spaded some 14 years ago & have been on HTR & have been going thru the pause" for 2 years now. The nite swaets will kill ya, then came the sleeplessness & migraines. Then came anxiety. I thought I was loosing it. Dr. put me on Paxil & the most of the above stopped. Bad side affect is weight gain... The migraines still come, but don't stop me dead in my tracks. I'm trying to get into the accupuncturist in hopes it will help me. I don't like taking pills & the add'l 15 lbs is aggrivating.

Jeff: You are too much. I'm sure yo'd be right there helping Chris @ Taco Bell. Of course Peks would be waiting in the get away car.....

Chris, please keep me posted. I'm really interested.
3 blkchows,

"the pause"? :shock:
I don't understand why no one prepared me for...the night sweats! Geez, I would have voted against it!
But, then I'm a "Rebel without a pause"! :lol:
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
janet
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by janet »

"the pause"? :shock:
I don't understand why no one prepared me for...the night sweats! Geez, I would have voted against it!
But, then I'm a "Rebel without a pause"! :lol:

hey rebel,lol, the pause= the change, menopause.lmao. yeah the sweats suck with a capital S. im only 42 and i remember making fun of my mom. not so funny anymore. they come out of nowhere. my poor kids, when we are in the car, i roll all the windowss down, and their teeth start chatterin.lol.

my mom used to say "leave me alone im going through the change". i used to say, what are you changing in to a werewolf?? lmao.
anyone can own a dog, it takes someone special to own a chow.Image
3blackchows
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 3blackchows »

Bama & Janet you ladies are too funny. :lol:
I call it the pause cause I feel it's the pause from :twisted:
My poor hubby has sweat clothes & a jacket on all winter long :roll: - I refuse to let it get warmer that 68 degress in the winter & I roasting & walking around in a t-shirt & shorts. I pause out on the deck several times a day to cool off. Janet your poor kids... my husband is the same way - In the car he has his heat way up & all his layers of clothes on & I've got the window partway down. I've tried every thing... soy, over the counter pause pills.... nothing has worked like the paxil - I rarley have the nite sweats & after 2 years the hot flashes & sleeplessness are almost a thing of the past. I'm looking forwrad to hearing how Chris' appt went today.
threedogjeep
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by threedogjeep »

3bc..not only do we have common chow hip issues...we have common chow mommy pause issues.....man-o-pause!!! Some days I don't know whether to scratch my watch or wind my butt!!! I'm talking 20 pounds, high bp, no sleep......I'm so glad my pups love me........ :?
Twelve Paws UP!!
Sharon Rose
3blackchows
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 3blackchows »

3DJ: You must be my twin :lol: :lol: :lol:
I've put on aprox 20 lbs too & it doesn't matter if I eat like a bird or scarf down dark chocolate milky way bars 30 @ a time.... this :pause" thing is :evil: :evil: :evil:
Do your hands & feet swell up & down. One day my rings are so tight on my fingers the next I'm afraid they will fall off.. If it weren't for Paxil I'd prbably be committed :shock:
threedogjeep
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by threedogjeep »

Celeste, Wellbutrin here. The nurse pracitioner at my OBGYN office said "think how you might feel without it!: SCARY :shifty:

Weight? I never ever had to really worry about it before. I have always exercised and still do, but it just doesn't matter any more whether I do or not it seems. Like you said....Why starve when it just doesn't work! So pass me that bag of potato chips and ice cream sandwich, please! :P

My obgyn sent me to a pharmacist who does custom compounds to help relieve man o paws. She spent an hour talking with me about what is happening in my body (she had a copy of my blood work) and why it happens, and then some healing alternatives.

I am hoping something is waiting for me at the drugstore today. The lack of sleep is really wearing on me. And she said that lack of sleep contributes to weight gain, and if I started sleeping I might start losing naturally. \:D/ It also of course contributes to memory loss and irratibility. I can really be witchey
:twisted: :twisted:

I too am looking for a place to get acupuncture. I live in the sticks so It's hard to located something like that.
For right here right now....wine is one of my best meds!!!
:D
Twelve Paws UP!!
Sharon Rose
sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

I am 60+ and well experienced when it comes to mean ol' pause. I was taking HRT's for 9 years and loved it. Doctor said it's time to quit. Wow, that is like taking a kid's icecream away. I won't go into detail. I went into deep depression when I turned 39. I got used to it. 50 was great, 55 awell, o.k. I guess, when I hit 60, trouble.........you will soon find out.

I changed my lifestyle, take the chow out for walks on a regular basis. I started Tai Chi at 50 and quit. I started up again this winter and will probably stick to it till I die. Having old ch.over 80 in my class motivated me. They don't lose their balance, are agile, still ride their old bikes to the vegetable markets at 8 am. They start their day doing tai chi at the ch.cultural centre across the street. Right behind the confucious and the foo dog statues under a gazebo facing south, it's called Feng Shui.

To keep it simple, avoid certain foods, stay away from booze, find another social lubricant, drink lots of ch. green tea, the real mcoy not the flavoured teas. And ladies add tofu to your diet. Throw in soup, mix it with mashed potatoes etc.

Asian women don't experience hot flashes, it's not necessary to go through that. If you live to 90 and don't change your diet/lifestyle, you'll go through this for the next 40 years, you want that?

40 years of meanopause, no thanks, not this one.

Karin
KARIN &
chowMIKKI

sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

threedogjeep wrote:
I too am looking for a place to get acupuncture. I live in the sticks so It's hard to located something like that.
For right here right now....wine is one of my best meds!!!
:D
Do you have a Korean or a Filipino community nearby? Koreans and Filipino do a form of acupuncture without using the needles. I hate needles and have had Korean acupuncture. Your nurses practioner might be able to refer you to one.

Exercise doesn't always do the trick, meditation is good, if you could join a Taoist society or try yoga? You must have yoga classes available to you? Only Western women experience the menopause, too much meat, white stuff, sugar in our diet.

Try to eat brown and green food only,

Karin
Last edited by sit_by_the_beach on Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
KARIN &
chowMIKKI

Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

Hi Karin

Good for you. You are now ready to walk the path. remember the mind leads the Qi. So now this time it will be for life.

Take Care
Alan

JR AND CHEYENNE

another special from SWEETPEA PRODUCTIONS
sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

I try, I am not into it too deeply, just want to keep it on a nice even keel. I did change my bedroom furniture in order to get a nice even flow. I figure a 6,000 yr. old culture oughta know something I don't. Christianity only goes back 2,000 years, that's nothing. Judaism, Buddhism, goes back a lot further, even the Greeks know more than the rest of europe. Then there are the americans native, they know quite a bit about keeping healthy and using hemeopathy.
karin
KARIN &
chowMIKKI