LuvChows, Luana

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

LuvChows, Luana

Post by bama »

Luana,

I did not feel it appropriate to address you in the post concerning Khon's rescue and eventual death.
I would prefer to show some respect for all who are berieved.
Hopefully, you will re-think your hard line position and offer an appology to BooBooBear and Jay.
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

Bama,

I am with you!

Sharon

JR AND CHEYENNE

another special from SWEETPEA PRODUCTIONS
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

Your asking too much of a troll. I should know. I am a trouble maker and even I am appalled by that woman's words.
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
Salandra
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Salandra »

I totally agree Bama. It was the most inappropriate time and place for these posts. Their entire attitudes were uncalled for.

They also failed to read a few lines into Jays post that Khon was having excessive heavy panting and drinking more water than usual before Hector even got to their home. This was just an unfortunate and sad thing to happen when everyone had the best of intentions for Khon and the families involved.
~ Sally
jerryo

Post by jerryo »

Good point, Salandra!

Just a thought, but has heavy panting and excessive thirst been associated with the poisoned dog food problem? I remember that years ago when my dog was poisoned, he was panting heavily before he died.
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

I must have missed something, I thought Khon had an autopsy or what ever it is they do on a Chow. If so wouldn't that rule out heat exhaustion or food poisoning. If all the vet did was look at him and say separation Anxiety then add another one to the list of know nothing vets.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
BigTrucker
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by BigTrucker »

The poison dog food terror crossed my mind as well...no autopsy...no for sure answers. I thought more along the lines of high strung bread...Khon was bread to achieve a certain look...a look that has been known for short life expectancy...Its too bad.

John
3blackchows
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 3blackchows »

Bama, thank you for stepping up & saying something.
What a horrible experience for BooBooBear, Hector, Jay & his family & mostly Kohn. They have gone thru so much. Jay was crushed after loosing Bear & now Kohn. Some people just don;'t know when to keep their mouths shut, it was not the time nor the place.
Momma Chow Celeste to Gorman, Onyx & Irish
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

There are a fair amount of heart related deaths to these dogs, sometimes they can't deal with the stress, whether it be relocating them or sedation. I am one of the few that have the hearts checked before breeding, hopefully others will follow and take breeding these dogs more seriously in the future. Most of these get very attached to one person, and it is very stressful for them to be seperated from that person, the vets assumption would be a very accurate one.
Sam

Keeper of the furry things...Master of the kibble....Scooper of the poo!
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Re: 1

Post by Victory »

BigTrucker wrote:The poison dog food terror crossed my mind as well...no autopsy...no for sure answers. I thought more along the lines of high strung bread...Khon was bread to achieve a certain look...a look that has been known for short life expectancy...Its too bad.

John
I also thought this as well, and stated it in a PM to Jeff. I also thought of the dog food problems too. If Khon's health was a result of breeding, then given him sedatives could have been just as fatal. A congenital heart defect is just that congenital and in many cases undectable. If Khon had been human and able to say, "my chest feels tight when I play for a long time," then he would have had all kinds of tests to find the problem. But he couldn't talk in human speech and while vets listen for heart beat irregularities during normal examines, not all heart problems are detectable in that way.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
LuLu33
Rank 1
Rank 1

Really didn't want to add to drama but have something to say

Post by LuLu33 »

Poor souls the whole thing just breaks my heart. Bama and I have personally been victim to the wrath of Luana/LuvChows and her true colors just continue to show when she posts on here. She recently emailed my friends about Cinnamon when she nipped at Anna and my friends were appalled by her. She is not respected on this forum or in many of the Chow Rescues so I sure hope BooBooBear can not take it personally and not waste anytime trying to defend herself. It's not necessary. To post on here, a public forum is one thing but to email and attack me to my friends is just another proof of her sad state of affairs. She will never offer advice or offer caring words, she is heartless and for that all we can do is add her to the prayer list she desperately needs our prayers for a humble heart. She is not worth taking serious and I hope BooBooBear did not take her comments to heart. It's never worth a response when she posts. She lives for and thrives on this stuff. Unfortunately when you post personal information out on this forum you are vulnerable to stuff like this but all the wonderful caring people out here is not worth dismissing because of one holier than though, stone throwing person. I wasn't even going to post but I feel so bad that BooBooBear has had to go through this and to top it off with the venom of Luana disqusts me. I feel sorry for LuvChows, she only lurks looking for a place to pounce and lecture and point fingers and take control and never an ounce of help or mercy. Truly sad!
I sure hope all involved in this hope find some peace in knowing thier efforts to rescue and save Kohn were all good and good will always outshine the evil.
chris

Post by chris »

I too was wondering the same thing and expressed my concearns with Jeff. I was so beside my self, that I said.. it must of been either the poison food, or what I have been told, is blote. (where their stomach twists after eating or drinking while standing and their bowls are on the ground).
But then, when Jay said his vet said it was Seperation Anxiety (sp?).. I guess it could make sense. Example that I gave Jeff was when elderly people pass on, if they have been married for 50 or so years, it doesn't take long for the spouce to pass on as well. As a matter of fact a friend of ours father passed on 2 weeks ago, his mother has just passed on now as well. what Red Dragon said makes sense as well.. but.. all in all like I have been saying, God has his reasons and some of them may not be for us to understand. I sure am one that doesn't understand why this happend. But I do know one thing, Life itself is hard enough without the ignorant adgitating it.

My thoughts and prayers are with both families and Khon.
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

I'll go along with what Red Dragon,Victory and big trucker says. maybe heart due to stress.

"I was so beside my self"

You mean there are two of you?
Last edited by Jeff&Peks on Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
chris

Post by chris »

:D In your dreams there is Jeff. :wink:
Salandra
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Salandra »

Life itself is hard enough without the ignorant adgitating it.

AMEN!!
~ Sally
kiwani
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kiwani »

IMO, the most likely cause of death would be stenotic nares and related palate disorders common in meaty-mouth Chows. Collapsing nasal passages and related palate disorders when stressed, result in heavy mouth breathing to compensate. Prolonged mouth breathing can lead to cyanosis and asphyxia. Meaty-mouth Chows often have enlarged hearts as well.

Farewell Khon, run free...
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

Kiwani,
Thanks for posting. I was wondering if you had an opinion on this? I know many of us can't help but wonder what happened to Khon, due to the fact that we transport rescues.
Thanks for you input.

Sherill
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
LuLu33
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by LuLu33 »

Good Point Sherill! I'm involved in an upcoming rescue transport. Of course this situation isn't the norm and there is stress involved with transporting a rescue to it's forever home but I sure hope they find the cause. Even a dog that is vetted before transport can have underlying problems and as much as I'd hate to think it but some dogs could have medical problems that the owners know about and that's why they dump them off for shelters so they don't have to pay for or make decisions regarding the dogs issues and hoping someone will take care of the dog or perhaps they don't even care who knows. It's disheartening to say the least. Sigh.... :cry:
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

jerryo wrote:Good point, Salandra!

Just a thought, but has heavy panting and excessive thirst been associated with the poisoned dog food problem? I remember that years ago when my dog was poisoned, he was panting heavily before he died.
Jerry,
I'm so sorry to hear that you had a dog poisoned?
That is so very sad, I didn't know.
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
jerryo

Post by jerryo »

Thanks, Bama.

It was about fifty years ago, so I've pretty well adjusted by now :) , but I still remember it very well.
janet
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by janet »

i know im a little late to this post but IS THIS PERSON LUANA OUT OF HER MIND???? what the f#@$k??? i have never in my life encountered a supposed"chow lover" as heartless as this. i read all of the posts, i was pretty close to throwin my laptop out the window in anger. i was always taught(SP) " if you have nothing nice to say, dont say anything at all". i teach this to my children as well.
sam and hector, you have my deepest respect. i would not have given her the satisfaction of a response. you are much better people than i am. btw, the testicle washing comment was right on the money!!!

lou, i am pretty new here, so my question is, can NEGATIVE people be banned from this site????? i know its not a private forum, i was just wondering.

there is so much hatred and negativity in this world. we all come to this site, knowing that we will all be comforted when we are sad, and cheered om when we are happy. we come here to meet new friends, as well as catch up with old friends, with the same common denominator.......the love and well being of our chows.

just thought i would let my feelings on this be known to you guys. thanks.
anyone can own a dog, it takes someone special to own a chow.Image
chris

Post by chris »

To answer your question Janet, yes they can be banned in verious ways.

Let me say something in that there is Freedom of Speach and then there is down right attacks and accusations. That is NOT Freedom of Speach. I don't like sensorship either as most of you don't, but it's like I said above... there is a differance.

I owned a web site myself at one time and I did ban people who deliberatly caused problems and accused and would throw threats around. At first the site was public, then it became private.
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Kiwani is right. That's what I was thinking too. Well, if what you mean is he basically hyperventilated himself with all the panting and sadly it caused him to stroke out.

I didn't think the Menu Foods dog food was involved. Seems that smaller dogs and cats are the ones that were affected. I haven't heard fatalities from medium - large breeds. Plus, as detailed Jay was in his post, he would have shared if there was a correlation with the Menu Foods thing.

Janet, to answer your question, yes. Some members have been banned from the site. But those members were extreme, extreme cases. Luvchows' saving grace perhaps is she posts in the chows in need section. I guess if the bulk of the active membership would prefer for her not to be a member, then yes, it's do-able. Her forum manners are less than desirable and yes, she acts like an "epis", then again she posts in the chows in need section. I would suggest members PM their local moderator so we can keep a log.

Bama, I received your PM to lock this thread because it moved away from your original intent. I will lock it if you want. However, it reads like a healthy thread (versus toxic). Some good venting happening on it. PM me if you really want it locked.

Oh, and one more thing. I split the thread. The thread of condolence is in the memorials forum. If you haven't posted to Jay and his family and BooBooBear and her family yet, please do so. I know it helped me tremendously to read everyone's kind thoughts when Zhuyo passed.

Good day, all!
Last edited by Zhuyos mom on Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sojourner11
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Sojourner11 »

I was pretty upset about these two "oxygen thieves" and their stupid, callous, ignorant, comments. I posted originally in the Khon thread then deleted it as it wasn't the time or the place.

I really wanted to let them have it with both barrels, as they do deserve it. But I remembered a saying, "Life is Hard, Harder When You Are Stupid..." and then I felt pity for these two.

Now my concern is for those Chows they have placed and are in their care. I wouldn't trust these 2 idiots babysitting a potted plant, much less run a rescue.

As for banning this kind of stupid BS, sure ban em' I ran a gamers forums for years and had to ban idiots like these all the time. Just because we don't want their stupidity here doesn't mean we are infringing on free speech. They can start a "stupid peoples against CC.org" if they want.
BigTrucker
Rank 1
Rank 1

Reaction

Post by BigTrucker »

The Internet, although useful, can be a evil and misleading place. Some people pose on sites a somebody they're not. Its easy to do. We're all aware of this. There's been so many times I've been threatened buy "Internet Rambo's" , that I should be dead right now :lol: I've had some people say that they were going to fly up to New York and kick my As$ :lol: Its funny. Luana (Luvschows) says she is trying to be reponsible. What she has done is, drawn alot of attention to herself. Even though it is a negative reaction, she gets the attention. She wants to be heard. I do not know this person what so ever. We exchanged emails one time about a pair of chows in Ohio. Thats the extent of my experiences with her. I don't know what her qualifications are, nor do I care too. Her remarks are abrasive...whatever her feelings may be...she tends to shoot from the hip and jump in head first. Thats how I view what she writes. How can you make assesments without knowing the all the facts is beyond most normal ways of thinking. This isn't the first time I see her involved in a pis$ing contest. If this person means well...maybe she has issues within herself that makes her overly direct... affects how she portrays her views. Or she just loves negative reactions in the name of being a responsible rescue. Its fanatical behavior. Sounds like a religious extremist :lol: ...unfortunately, there's alot of that on this or any other site. People get consumed by what they're doing. It clouds up normal behavior and judgement. However, I'm no shrink or chow expert (I just pretend to be one) :shock: , I'm the pimp in the box 8) a truck driver that had to much free time today :lol: Its entertaining. We all mean well
:)
Take Care
John
Last edited by BigTrucker on Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.