Remembering

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Joe & Robin
Rank 0
Rank 0

Remembering

Post by Joe & Robin »

As Robin and I approach one year since the passing of our Bear to the Rainbow Bridge on April 22, 2004 it is a strange coincidence that I would come across a post on the web that really touched my heart. I want to share it with all of you that have also been there or are fearful of that time we don’t want to come to be. I also wanted to say that even though Mai Tai has a personality of here own and we love very much, it seems like Bear visits me now and then through her. Like when she is sleeping on the floor near by and suddenly gets up and comes over to give me a big purple kiss and promptly returns to the same spot and returns to her leisure. Or when, out of no where, she comes to me and gives me that Chow “POOF!” sound and walks away. It just seems like Bear just stopped by to say “hi”. When Robin finished reading this she smiled with watery eyes, looked at Mai Tai and I, and said “Mai Tai wanna eat?”. We go on. She still misses Bear too.

http://www.fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/ ... 05/1695976

Take care all, Joe & Robin and Mai Tai
Joe, Robin & Mai Tai

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
- Will Rogers
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

:) You will never forget, Joe and Robin. They are all different in their own way.
Yesterday, as I told you, we were doing some gardening and I cut some dead wood out of my blackcurrant bush. I used to have three - lovely bushes with lovely fruit!!
Then Meggy pruned two of them down to the ground. Meggy was the boxer we had before Milly and Mabel. She was a terrible dog!! She was nine years going on nine months when she died and as with all boxers, she had a lot of brain but just did not bother using it. I used to plant out the strawberries in the spring and as quick as I was planting them she would pull them up and run round the garden with the green bits in her mouth and the roots hanging out. Dreadful, Dreadfull Meggy!
All the memories came flooding back when I was tidying the bush yesterday - and I had to smile. Lovely, Lovely Meggy! Heaven help St. Francis in the Happy Hunting ground! :)
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)