Pekoe tries to escape into TV land, sad but wierd.

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Pekoe tries to escape into TV land, sad but wierd.

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Auddymay mentioned her Chow watching TV in another post well Pekoe never watches TV but the other night we had a lightning storm that only lasted a few minutes, Pekoe was so freaked out she a was standing with her paws on the TV screen trying to escape into the TV it was so bad I tried giving her a few drops of herbal sedation but it didn't work. I tried to comfort her but just about all night she was at the TV pawing and scratching trying to climb in to escape, this went on for hours after the storm had past, I thought she was going to have a heart attack. Another problem was, had she of actually climbed into the TV she would have wound up in Roseannes house. Late night TV.

When Pekoe was about 4 our house was hit by lightning, Lit up the whole house and broke a few windows ever sense then she is terrified of lightning.
Last edited by Jeff&Peks on Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Boggled
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Boggled »

That's hysterical - I'm glad she didn't end up with Roseanne - She's much better off with you :D
jerryo

Post by jerryo »

If Pekoe is getting that desperate to break into TV, sounds like it's time to get out of Loony Acres and move back to the Bay Area. :D
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Jerry, speaking of Getting out of loony acres I've been watching alot of those info commercial about buying a home lot in waterwoods Texas with that guy from the tv Show chips, it looks like a nice place, Water and tree's but could be a scam.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
jerryo

Post by jerryo »

I guess Ponch must have finally sold all the stuff at Lake Shasta Estates. That's the one he was pitching last time I saw him. Waterwood is just down the lake from Westwood Shores where I moved to from San Jose last year, so if you start getting serious I can go over and take a look for you. There are a number of developments like that on Lake Livingston and some other lakes in East Texas. Their website is pretty vague about where they actually are, so that would concern me a little, and lake lots can be had alot cheaper than the $20,000 they are asking, and their financing rates were pretty high, too.

You might want to check the Houston Board of Realtors site http://www.har.com for some of the prices around here. I guarantee it will shock you since you're used to California prices. You might also have fun with http://www.westwoodshorespoa.com or http://www.westwoodshoresre.com

The area is beautiful if you like trees and lakes. Think Tahoe or Bear Valley, but without the mountains or snow. :D
chris

Post by chris »

LOL, thats funny. :-) I agree that Pekoe is much better off with you Jeff.
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Maybe she wanted to watch Squidword and Patrick, and was trying to change the channel.
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Aw Pekoe!!! Poor girl, I'd probably do the same if lighting struck my house! :wink:

Squidword and Patrick :D , Special watches them on occassion.
Lucydog
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Lucydog »

If Pekoe is scared of storms, don't move to Texas!
During storms I have three out of four dogs having nervous breakdowns. Poor Jasper stays even more glued to me than usual.
Because owning just one banned breed isn't enough!
-- Rest In Peace Jasper the Chow Chow & Lucy the Pit Bull.
Dallas Pet Laws Examiner: http://www.examiner.com/x-2924-Dallas-Pet-Laws-Examiner
jerryo

Post by jerryo »

Hey, LucyDog!! Welcome back!!

We thought you got eaten by a Pit Bull! How's the pack? :D
Lucydog
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Lucydog »

Oh the pack is great. I have just been busy with work since after New Years and people started shopping again.

However, a cold front is coming, and BB is going to tell me about it before it arrives. BB wishes she lived in Northern California where the weather is more stable.
Because owning just one banned breed isn't enough!
-- Rest In Peace Jasper the Chow Chow & Lucy the Pit Bull.
Dallas Pet Laws Examiner: http://www.examiner.com/x-2924-Dallas-Pet-Laws-Examiner