Seasons Greeting everyone!

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Roxana
Rank 2
Rank 2

Seasons Greeting everyone!

Post by Roxana »

Hi all!

Its been awhile since I've posted although I have been keeping up with everybody through your posts. I just finished reading the Christmas gift thread about what everybody is giving their fur-babies for Christmas and it sure brought back some good memories for me. I have Dakotas christmas stocking hanging from the mantle, I couldn't bring myself to NOT put it up. I may just have to buy some treats to fill it and then give them to my brothers dog or something.

I ordered a memorial stone for her from this place I found on the internet in Washington State. It's a river rock and they will put whatever you like on it. The one I'm getting has a paw print with "In Loving Memory" and her name engraved on it. I figure we can put it out in the garden in the spring as a nice way to remember her.

Anyway, I dont really have a point to my thread, just wanted to wish everyone a safe and happy holiday season. And by the way, I will be getting another chow, I just don't know when. When the right one comes along I guess. Having you guys here, even though I dont post anymore, has helped me more than you could realize.

Take care everyone [:D]
Roxana
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Hi Roxana, Glad to see your still here and you do sound a little more chipper. The right Chow always seems to turn up so it shouldn't be to long, The Chow that you do get will be one lucky Chow. Happy/safe holidays to you and your family also.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Hi Roxana,

Ho! Ho! Ho! as the chubby guy would say. You are such a sweet mom. I'm sorta humbugging my way along. I think I mentioned, I'm having a hard time deciding to put up Zhu's christmas tree. PB said it's my call and she won't mind if I choose not to.

I ordered a memorial stone too. I left a link on Zhu's memoriam of the place I had Zhu's done. Zhu's stone says "Zhuyo, you watch the house, Love you, Mommy" and it has two paws on it. I didn't choose the river rock because I have one and I'll be using that in his little memorial garden. Zhu's is round slate. Very pretty. I'll take a picture one day to show everyone.

I can't wait to read your post when you and Don bring a new chow into your heart and home. We will all celebrate your joy!
Last edited by Zhuyos mom on Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

Season's Greetings, Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas Roxana!
Hope you are staying warm in the ah...colder region there. I see you have one of my favorite Xmas pictures of Dakota as part of your signature. I love that picture!
I can't wait to see your post when you do bring home another Chow. :wink:
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ciaobella »

When you see that special chow, you'll know. He/she will be lucky to own you.
Have a safe and happy holiday. :D
Sandy
Owned by Sophie
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Roxana, seasons greetings to you too! It's so great to read your post.

It sounds like a really nice stone you got for Dakota.

When the time is right for you to get another chow, that chow chow will be so very lucky to have you as her or his mommy.

Big hugs to you,
Katalin
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Hi Roxana! I agree, I love that photo as well! It is good to hear that you have opened to thinking towards another chow, if only in abstract at this time. As others said, you will know when you are ready. We will always be here to share stories and even help you find your next sweetie, if you desired it. Happy Holidays to you!
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

Hi there and Seasons Greetings to you as well Roxanna. Funny on one of our walks yesterday, Wednesday I suddenly thought of you and Dakota...don't know why just a passing thought of wondering how you are doing.

So it's nice to hear from you. And when you do meet that special chow we all want to hear all about it so we can cheer you on.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

And you take care Roxana [:D] and have a lovely Christmas and I hope the chow comes along soon. Let us know! :D
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)