North East Chow Chow Breeders Association

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

North East Chow Chow Breeders Association

Post by Rory's Dad »

1st off, I would like to say that I hope that I am not breaking any forum rules. If I am, please feel free to remove the post.

I have been a member of this forum since 2011 and hopefully I have been able to provide some decent responses and advice over the years.

Having owned Chows for the past 20 or so years, I have picked up a trick or two. Currently we have 2 males and a female in our home. They range in age from almost 6 years to just over 2 years. The younger male is a Smooth Chow while the older male and the female are Rough Coated. Both boys participate in AKC Conformation Shows. The girl just doesn't like it, so we don't force her.

As a long time experienced Chow owner, I serve on the Board of Directors for the Northeast Chow Chow Breeders Association (NECCBA). We are a Non-Profit group of Chow enthusiasts. We are currently petitioning the AKC for Club Recognition. As part of that initiative, we are holding a membership drive. The Annual Membership Fees are being waived for applications received before July 31, 2017.

About Us:

We are a group of individuals who passionately love the Chow Chow breed of dog. Some of us like to show our Chow Chows in conformation. Some of us like to do agility, rally, obedience, coursing and other performance activities with our chows. Some of us like to do Therapy Dog work with our chows. And some of us spend time rescuing unfortunate chow chows that have entered the shelter/rescue system. All of us enjoy our dogs as friends and companions. Our motto is "Discovering the future of chows!" We all share the common goal of ensuring the preservation of this unique breed of dog.

Find us on Face Book at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/245303412267035/

The web site is being updated as I type, but our general info is still available through: http://www.northeastchowbreeders.com/about/about.htm

At either location you can find links to our Newsletters, Show Results, Available Litters, Rescue Links, Training Programs.