A Good Reason to have a Chow

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

kingalls

A Good Reason to have a Chow

Post by kingalls »

We have had a major block party on the 4th of July on our street for many years. There was a short break for a couple of years but this year we enjoyed a really nice, big block party and chatted with many neighbors old and new. We were complimented by several people throughout the day about our Chows. Many of them have noticed our evening runs with Shiloh and Mr. Nahkohe. Most remarks were in the flavor of how the Chows took us for a jaunt. Both myself and Jeff have lost a considerable amount of weight in the past few months and my neighbors were wondering if it was because of the Chows running us around the block! :lol: Ha! Ha! Well, of course, it did help. One neighbor has a Rot that no longer can do a walk around the block and he is envious of us when we run past him with barely a breath to say hello. Another neighbor has a small Chi-wa-wa (no, I can't spell)...and is wondering about getting a dog to run with...
Well, our two have brought us much joy and helped with some weight loss and a healthier future.
Also, despite the high activity on the street and alot of firework noise, these two did not have any big problems and handled the commotion in stride.

Karen
Elaina
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Elaina »

Karen, I know what you're saying! Our walks with Max-A-Million and Mahayana have forced me to lose a good 45 pounds. No, I no don't need a gym, just walk....er...trot with our Chows and we've got our workout for the day. Mahayana hates the squirrels in the park, so when she spots one, off we go to catch it. We never do...too many trees for them to escape to. :lol: The commotion around the 4th of July didn't bother them. In fact, they pretty much ignored all the noise and fireworks. Only people, dogs, squirrels and cats passing our back gate got them riled up. (The back yard belongs to them, not to the individuals passing by). Yup, its a great thing to be owned by and exercise with a Chow! :wink:

Elaina, Max-A-Million, and Mayahana :D