What type of dog are you?

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

divamom
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by divamom »

hey im a beagle and all along i thought i was a chow/lab oops what do i do now i cant tell the others they want a chow mix dont tell anyone ok :lol: :twisted: :wink:
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

hmmm I got a Portugese water dog...weird huh.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
Sylvia
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Sylvia »

So Sweetpea, we know you found the magic Chow decoder ring, but we never heard what dog breed you were when you answered the questions for yourself. Whacha get???
Sylvia
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Sylvia »

And finally, I have my first paw!! :D :D
sweetpea
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sweetpea »

I ended up taking that test so much I forgot what I was! I retook it, I'm a French Bulldog. lol. And like Jeff saying he has no Irish, I have alot of things in me but as far back as the family tree has been traced, no French here on either side of the family.
Jess04920
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Jess04920 »

I was a Water Spaniel...hmmm...never heard of it!
Tovya
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Tovya »

Ugh. I'm an Airedale Terrier. :? One of my least favourite breeds. :?
Proud ChowMum to Chubaka & Magda

Chows are not the whole of our lives but, they make our lives whole.
jerryo

Post by jerryo »

Sounds familiar, Kingalls.

That must have been awhile ago, or outside a major city. If you get 50 miles from a city around here, you go back in time about 50 years. That's one of the things I like about it after a few decades in Silicon Valley.

They grow wine in Texas now, but it's pretty bad. I ordered an Irish Coffee at a bar in Austin several years ago, and they didn't have it, so the bartender suggested McEwan's Scotch Ale instead. I've been hooked on it ever since.

The resturant at the hotel on Skye had an interesting local wine called Silver Birch (I think it was made from birch sap) that was not bad, served with an appetizer called deviled white bait. That turned out to be deep-fried minnows, but was alot better than it sounds. :lol:
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Chris, here is a picture of me with two of our corgis, Gelert on my right and Cherie, his mother on my left. She was a sweet little creature and Gelert was lovely.

(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Roxana
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Roxana »

Phhhhffft..... :?

I'm an English Cocker Spaniel....I demand a re-do!!
chowadmin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by chowadmin »

I got IRISH SETTER (BIG RED).
Best regards,

ChowChow.org Administrator

Join the ChowChow.org Facebook Fan Page and follow on Twitter @chowchoworg
jerryo

Post by jerryo »

We have a match!

Irish Setter / Jeff / ChowAdmin

Who would have guessed that one! :D
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Just goes to show that there are at least two people on this site that are Beautiful, intelligent, athletic and statuesque. Everyone already knew that, but they didn't know we also have a keen since of smell and can spot a bird a mile away.
Last edited by Jeff&Peks on Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
phatnanna
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by phatnanna »

That was cute
I'm a glenn imall Terrier or something like that
I am the proud owner of Cleo
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

I've been putting this off...now I know why!!!

I am a minature bull terrier....sort of like a pit bull...How Nice!!!!! :cry: Oh well!

Sharon
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

Yeah...I'm a rat killing snauzer (sp?) :twisted: - Jeff is lucky to be the sleek, athletic bird dog :roll:
I'll have to get my alter ego to take the test...
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
Yvonne
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Yvonne »

Sharon,

I got a bull terrier the second time I tried to run mine.

The first time I got a bichon bolgnese, not sure what that is, some kind of a bologna dog, I guess.

Second time, using slightly different personality traits, I got the bull terrier.
Sylvia
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Sylvia »

:?: Has anyone gotten Chow Chow yet when they answered the questions honestly for themselves and didn't see/use SweetPeas cheat sheet?
chris

Post by chris »

Judy... here is the picture of the one Laurissa likes. Evidently long hair is UNDESIREABLE.. but she doesn't care she likes it. She said this morning she doesn't care about color or hair length, she has just fallen in love with the Pembroke Welsh Corgi. I told her it's not a LAP dog really, its a little bigger than that.

sorry for the highjack.
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Chris, that is a nice picture. I have never seen a corgi with long hair but the colour is lovely.
They certainly are not little lap dogs - they are quite short. As you can see in my picture, I was about 12 at the time and about 5' 5" so you can guage their height but they have short legs and are a working breed. They work jolly hard too on the farms that use them for cattle. They are jolly little dogs and are quite easy to train, very obedient - a bit yappy but that helps with the cows who take very little notice of them!! :lol:
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Mandy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Mandy »

Victory and I are the same - not that I'm actually surprised! From your posts I've always seen you as a similar spirit to mine. I'm a portugese water dog as well!
Last edited by Mandy on Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mandy, Chewie, & Cayenne
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Chris, why would you want a dog with no legs, just get a fish instead.

Post by Guest »

Chris, why would you want a dog with no legs, just get a fish instead.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I seem to be the only MUNSTERLANDER (small) from Germany. My Dad's family is from Germany, but at 5'9", I don't think of myself as small. :? Could be shrinking though. :roll:
Small Munsterlanders will exhibit a warm personality and a strong desire to hunt.
The only thing I hunt for is bargains. :wink:
pannw1267
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by pannw1267 »

OOOPS! That was me. So much for the intelligence part. :oops:
Patti & Jim, Max & Miah Image
jnk111
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by jnk111 »

I am a saluki.

The Saluki are even-tempered and sensitive. Gentle, affectionate, but not demonstrative. This loyal dog may become attached to one person. Good with gentle older children. They are too slim for roughhousing. The breed can't take harsh discipline or strictness. They can be trained only with love and consistency. This breed will never be perfectly obedient so do not set your expectations too high. Sensitive and friendly, but somewhat aloof, even with his family. They are fairly submissive to dominant people and dogs and are easily distracted and somewhat skittish (especially with other dogs). The Saluki do best with another Saluki. They are a pleasant and calm companion and make a good watchdog. Though not aggressive with people, the Saluki's natural instinct is to chase and kill non-canine animals. This is a proper function and this trait should not be discouraged within the breed. They may need obedience training to keep their deep-rooted hunting instincts under control, however with few exceptions it has proven impossible to train these dogs not to hunt at all. As a result, many pets such as birds, guinea pigs and rabbits are not recommended for Saluki owners. They can be good with cats if the cat is left to its own instinctive abilities.