Feeling like Fall around here

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Lou, I'm sure Pekoe would love it but I would have to have AC installed in it, this 110 weather is insane, what fools live like this, Oh guess I do. The bike path at the beach is 20 miles, Pekoe would be fried Chow if i took her there, Geez all these Asian people running to my bike for lunch, yeah right. (ok not all, the few is bad enough.
Yvonne
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Yvonne »

Jeff, if you ever do take Pekoe for a bike cart ride, we want to watch!

Kiwani, beautiful chow chow.

Lou, you have so many great memories of Zhu. Sounds like he had a great time with his wheelchair ride. You didn't get any pictures of that, did you?
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Yvonne, No problem I ride my bike from LA to Missouri a couple of times a week, just look out your window you will see Pekoe and me peddeling by.

Post by Guest »

Jeff,
I've told you before...come on up to Canada if you like winters, snow & cold. Here in Alberta we're close to the mountains, you could get lots of skiing, hiking and mountain biking in. Me personally; having been born and raised here.....I HATE WINTER!! I mean yeah; there are moments when its nice, after a snowfall and everything is clean & crisp & white and you come inside to a nice fire roaring in the fireplace, but otherwise forget it. Might not mind winter so much if it didn't last 7 months of the year :wink:

Post by Guest »

^^

Yeah sorry..that was me. :roll:
Roxana
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Roxana »

Dang it!! Me again.
(sorry having a series of blonde moments here) :lol:
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Roxana hit it right on the nailhead. It's beautiful, but too dang long! By mid January, I've had enough.
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Thanks Roxana but a few months of snow is one thing, the frozen Tundra is another. Dog sledding is supposed to be a fun ride, Not a ride for survival or a trip to the country Store. Hmmm Actually I just made Canada sound like a fun Place. No Canada is Beautiful and probably would be my kind of Place. I heard they are really making it hard now for US citizens to move there. that may have just been that one time.

Roxana, its not only you having trouble signing in, I think everyone is, It take's me 3 trys to log on. it will say your name on the bottom as logged in but your not.
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Yvonne wrote:Lou, you have so many great memories of Zhu. Sounds like he had a great time with his wheelchair ride. You didn't get any pictures of that, did you?

Sorry for the late response, Yvonne.

No. No photos of him in the wheelchair. Even though I had my camera in my purse that was on me, the only thought all of us had was get to the Air Conditioned car ASAP! The moment we stepped out of our picnic area, which was hot but comfortable due to the trees in place, it was like being in a kiln. I think Leo's mum said it was 112 degrees Farenheit at that point. I wish I did take photos though.

Jeff, the log on notice on the top of the page. Just don't log off. It'll make things easier.
Tovya
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Tovya »

I'm afraid I have to be the dissenting opinion here but I really don't care for Autumn at all. In fact I'm beginning to get depressed already. I get a feeling of loneliness and isolation when the evenings start to get cooler and darker earlier. Even the song of the crickets in the brush in the evening sounds lonely to me.
I also don't care much for Winter since living here in N.E.P.A. I used to love it when I lived in Vermont. There the snow was so beautiful and pristine in the fields and the woods. When it wasn't snowing in VT the sky was always so blue and clear. In this area the sky is grey 99% of the time in Winter. Here they use coal gravel and ash on the snow and its black and grey and disgusting within hours. While the leaves are on the trees and everything is green here the culm banks (shale rock brought out of the mines decades ago that was heaped in all available spaces) and strip mining holes are hidden. When the leaves and greenery are gone this place just turns grey. How one could possibly remain optimistic in such surroundings, I don't know. :cry:
Proud ChowMum to Chubaka & Magda

Chows are not the whole of our lives but, they make our lives whole.