Alopecia and Homeopathy

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

SoonLee
Rank 0
Rank 0

Alopecia and Homeopathy

Post by SoonLee »

My 5 year old Chow has been diagnosed with Alopecia. Melatonin and Lignan supplements stopped the hair loss for a while (1-2 years), but it is getting worse now. I read an article about homeopathy working for their Chow. Does anyone have experience with any alternative therapies that help with this condition?
rmb
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Alopecia and Homeopathy adding Buddy2s experience

Post by rmb »

My3 year old male was losing face and head hair and was misdiagnosed four times until I went to a homeopathic vet who sent a fur sample away for analysis which revealed toxic levels of aluminum and merury - OH MY! He has been fed on Purina Pro Plan salmon sensitive for 2 years. I blame that. She also found he is allergic to dairy so no more cheese treats. His thyroid and adrenals were compromised. She put him on a thyroid pill along with homemade food, UNDA 40, Standard Process Canine Adrenal support , EM Zinc, Amino Complex, Tuna Omega 3, Ostrophin, MSM, HA and E-Mangenese. Some of those are joint supplements for his torn CCL. After 4 weeks of thyroid, his thyroid kicked back in he is now off of the thyroid and some of the others and finally, he is regrowing hair on his bald spots on his face and behind his ears. She has recommended homemade food for at least six weeks for de-tox so I am still cooking turkey, potatoes, broccoli with carrots and olive oil every week and he is on a Balance IT food supplement. His energy level has increased but weekly cooking is not sustainable since I work full time so I plan to switch him to Infinia Turkey & Sweet Potato in the next couple of weeks assuming the food passes her compatibility test. I will take in a sample next visit for testing. Not only is his hair coming back but he is doing really well on his torn CCL, where the regular vet wanted TPLO, a drastic surgery. I am a true believer in homeopathy. Dr. Ava Frick, St. Louis, MO. She is amazing!
SoonLee
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Alopecia and Homeopathy

Post by SoonLee »

Thank you so very much for all the info. I am very happy to hear that your Chow is on the mend. I will keep homeopathy in mind for CCL (if it happens). My vet did put him on a homeopathic remedy. His hair is growing back and his abscesses that he has had between his toes (for 4 years) have healed and he has not reopened the sores! I am very pleased with the quick response he had to the remedy. Fingers crossed that his fur will continue to grow!!
Leogirlamg
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Alopecia and Homeopathy

Post by Leogirlamg »

If you have trouble getting access to the user interface and even the fourth.