Good gracious!

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Good gracious!

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Hey y'all! It's been FOREVER since I've been on...

For starters, I finally got a job. It's only a part time gig as a hostess at my favorite local midi an restaurant, but it serves it's purpose. Lol And I might actually be getting another job at a photography studio working in the office. Praying that works out $200 every other week barely gets me by...
My there's mixed news about my crew....

Todd and Dixie are doing fantastic. 2 happy, healthy goofballs.

Jazz however is doing poorly... He seems to be starting to have more bad days than good... He just sleeps all the time. We thought we had figured out how to handle his problems and he was getting better. His hair was growing back in, he was gaining weight back and he was so full of life... But his problems have come back with a vengeance... I'm at the end of my rope... It breaks my heart to see him the way that he is now... I'm feeling like the kindest thing I could do for him now is to let him go. We've exhausted our resources and we still don't have solid answers. We've battled this for almost 3 years and it's not getting any better. I love my Jazz-Man so so much and it truly kills me to think about him not being here anymore, but as I've been told before, I have to think about him first. Is his quality of life good or is he miserable? Honestly, I feel like he has a very poor quality of life with all of his health problems. If there was something left to try, I'd try it. But at this point even our vets are stumped... And no matter how much I tell myself it'll be for the better for him, I'll never be able to be ok with this. I feel so helpless. And I feel like I've let him down...

I'm sorry to come back with such depressing news....
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Good gracious!

Post by Cocoa »

Good to see you back Jess even if it isn't with good news. I'm sorry to hear that Jazz isn't doing very well, I know how heartbreaking it is to watch them suffer. Cocoa goes through her allergy issues every year so I can sympathize. I have put her on antihistamines this year to see if that helps, so far it seems to but the true test will be in the late summer/fall when her allergies are at their worst. Have you tried (or has your vet suggested) an antihistamine? If I remember right from your previous posts you thought it was allergy related.
Oh, and good news on the job front, way to go!
TyChowgirl
Rank 2
Rank 2

Good gracious!

Post by TyChowgirl »

Glad you were able to finally get your feet on the ground :) but so saddened by the news of dear Jasper. Poor baby. :( I wish he would get better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Good gracious!

Post by sit_by_the_beach »

Hi Tippsy's mom. I remember you from the old days. I am glad to hear you're working and have other pets around but not happy to hear about Jasper. I have just gone through a similar experience with my chow Mikki. For almost 2 years she has done very little, she slept a lot. We had our walks at night when it's cool, she had a huge appetite for the home cooked food I prepared but wasn't a happy chow.
So I finally took the big step and she is now with the other chows in heaven. I buried her collar and leash in the back yard. On August 13th was the day when the vet came to my home. Mikki chow did not sleep that day as if she knew something was going to happen.
I feel for you and Jasper. I hope he'll get better but it seems like with my Mikki, one step forward and 2 back.
Wish you the best and whatever decision you make I am sure you'll do the right thing.
KARIN &
chowMIKKI