What is that?

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Cindy J
Rank 1
Rank 1

What is that?

Post by Cindy J »

It is fun having a dog breed that many people do not recognize. Over and over during the week we are asked, "What is that?"

Yesterday a new FedEx guy came by. He cocked his head to one side and said (in a thick African accent)"No, no, no... it tis illegal to keep bears as pets."

I chuckled and told him that Chance is a PUPPY - ... A baby DOG... A "woof-woof" ... (imagine me making a a friendly puppy sound because that is what I was doing to try to explain.) :lol:

He replied, "Noooooo, you try to fool people by saying puppy. That tis a BEAR cub. You are tricky in America." He laughed, snapped a picture and went out the door... mumbling about silly Americans keeping wild animals.
CH Dreamland's Intrepid Spirit ~ Chance
Dreamland's Dancing in the Storm ~ Raine
Dreamland's Calling All Angels ~ Skye
Lynxlover
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: What is that?

Post by Lynxlover »

Funny story..made me laugh :D do you have any pictures?
andomozed
Rank 0
Rank 0

What is that?

Post by andomozed »

Happens all the time. Anytime I take Eddie out, there is always someone wanting to take a picture of him after asking what he is :)

Here he is with my Akita puppy
chunkymonkeys
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chunkymonkeys »

Well, Chows are the rock stars of the dog world! They have the cool, detached demeanor, they are gorgeous, and they have their legions of fans(us) who treat them accordingly. No wonder others want their pictures! Look, I'm even in their fan club! :D
Ursa's daddy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ursa's daddy »

Your Eddie has that reddish tone like Malachi, and he can look just like a bear. I will have to get out my "Right to keep and arm bears" tee shirt, put it on him and take a picture.

When I take them out I hear "Oh, they are so fluffy".
Constantina
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Constantina »

In provinces where not everyone has seen a chow chow, people just have to ask: 'is that a dog?' / red panda?
andomozed
Rank 0
Rank 0

What is that?

Post by andomozed »

Ursa's daddy wrote:Your Eddie has that reddish tone like Malachi, and he can look just like a bear. I will have to get out my "Right to keep and arm bears" tee shirt, put it on him and take a picture.

When I take them out I hear "Oh, they are so fluffy".
Oh wow, I wish I had a shirt that said that!!! :)
Peterbilt
Rank 0
Rank 0

What is that?

Post by Peterbilt »

What about, "he looks just like a teddy bear!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk