Puppy Buyer Beware!

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

maikinda
Rank 1
Rank 1

Puppy Buyer Beware!

Post by maikinda »

Anyone looking for a puppy needs to do their homework and make sure you are getting what the breeder promised. When you ask the breeder about health certificates make sure you see OFA certificates. You can go to offa.org and put in the sire and dams name and find out what testing has been done. If you see that a dog has elbows done and not hips ask the breeder why? If they are telling you that the pedigree has generations of OFA's you can also see a pedigree at offa.org that shows the testing done on other dogs in the pedigree. If you find out that the breeder is not being completely honest I would think hard about getting a dog from them. Of course you will find people on their website that recommend them, they are not going to put complaints on the site. Hopefully your puppy will be a member of your family for the next 12 to 15 years. Take your time and make a wise choice.

Laura
Attachments
Micah B&W.jpg
Micah B&W.jpg (28.94 KiB) Viewed 10329 times
Chow owner6
Rank 0
Rank 0

Puppy Buyer Beware!

Post by Chow owner6 »

Really...karma is a bitch......is your life so boring that all you do in life is try an attack people high school has been over for a very long time!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
OriginalRecipe
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Puppy Buyer Beware!

Post by OriginalRecipe »

Hey chow owner6, she is just PO'd cause I told her a few years ago the full brother of her CH Trial by Fire died of life threatening congenital defects. She still hasn't gotten over it I see. but hey I am not her dogs breeder she just didn't like how she found.
To look toward the future we must understand the past.
Chow owner6
Rank 0
Rank 0

Puppy Buyer Beware!

Post by Chow owner6 »

You are such a dumb **** Chewbacca and Rhenegade are step brothers they are OWNED by two different people your so stupid!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Rhenegadesdad
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Rhenegadesdad »

Hey there Guy612 you seem to think you know so much about everyone on here. Let me ask you this have you EVER been up to see our kennels? Speak honestly now, I know that is a hard thing for you to do looking at your prior posts. You seem to think you know what you are talking about but don't know jacksh*t about anything. You all like to think you do, might want to be a bit more careful when you want to try and reference someone as a puppy mill. Saying things like that and trying to get sh*t started is not something you want to do with me. You all have bashed my wife enough times and I am not one to let that happen peacefully. So I recommend you refrain from saying anything like that again in regards to Rhenegades, you might just find yourself some where you don't want to be.
OriginalRecipe
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by OriginalRecipe »

Oh I totally agree, with all those pictures of our kids playing with our beloved chows, guilty. And god forbid the number yup, I have included my retired spayed and neutered furkids 23. :-) and my rescues too of course. Totally a puppymill, I have 7 kids too that mean I am a kid mill too? I mean gosh those pictures of receiving so much love from our chows and vice versa, gosh, that is hard evidence there. Go play with your dog if he isn't with a handler crated somewhere asswhole.
OriginalRecipe
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by OriginalRecipe »

Here is the hard evidence you have me, I confess, I love my chows... the shame the shame... http://www.rhenegade-chows.com/family.html
Pinoy51
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Pinoy51 »

Hello Chowadmin,
please help to stop this and another useless Blog and ban the people who don't know how to behave in public.
This Forum is meant to support each other with issues related to our Chows.
What's happening here isn't helping anyone, it is more like a cheap reality show title "Chow breeder vs Chow owner".
Unfortunately it isn't even entertaining #-o
Best regards
Pinoy51
anthonyfearn
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by anthonyfearn »

dosnt look like a puppy mill to me , looks like a very nice web site with some beautiful chows and caring people who just love chows ,
612guy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 612guy »

You guys are nothing but trouble. You are not on here to help anyone but only to spread your agenda and business. You all have been on this forum before but now with new usernames. Carla's old username was RHENEGADE CHOWS and had over 550 postings. Why the new username? She was on in 2007 and admitted you guys breed more than anyone else. Everyone please go back and look at her previos postings and you will see what I did. Google RHENEGADE CHOWS and you will see what this forum was like when she was on and will want to throw up. It was one argument after another. That is not what this forum is about.

Have a nice day!!!!

Brutus
OriginalRecipe
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by OriginalRecipe »

And yet again, guy 612 shows his serious inability to do any type of investigative work. It would be laughable if not just disgusting. Ok, so let me see why am I on here posting this time. Oh yes YOU dragged me on insinuating that someone else was me and outright lying. So yes I'd say I had to good reason to show up to this place again to see what was going on. Then Ms Laura decides she is going to pull her old grudge out of her *Censored Word* and start some *Censored Word* up. Its amazing how I have never one time offered a pup to anyone on here, or made them known to anyone on here, I have never at any time stated that "I breed more than anyone." as for the post about me before, it was renamed by admin, I made a comment about someones post and admin chose to rename the entire thread Rhenegade chow to make it look like I started the thread, that was a lie, I didn't start the thread and that was stated on there many times. It was meant as defamation and still is. I do not nor have I ever bred more than anyone. I wouldn't be on here replying to you, or wasting my time, except for the fact that you insult me, you insult my puppy parents, and you insult my dogs, and I wont' stand by and let someone with your ignorance do that to my friends, my family, my dogs or me. You can stand there flapping your arms screaming away, and the facts stand for themselves. Not your trumped up made up facts the real ones.
Now as for this topic creator, I was going to leave you alone, but I don't think so now. You think you are a teacher and wish to educate, but you are nothing more than a person who can only say do as I say not as I do. You have fewer health certifications on your dogs than mine. You didn't even have Micah's elbows done, I don't see a CERF for him, No patella's listed, so basically this post refers to you, not me. and again, HE HAS GENESE FROM A DOG WHO DIED OF A SERIOUS CONGENITAL LIFE THREATENG DEFECT, and your pissed about that, and being lied to by your breeder, and yes my guilt is there in going along with it, 14 years ago, when I was brainwashed. I got out of the box. Have a lovely day. Peace and purple kisses from the Rhenegades. :lol:
Crumpet
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Crumpet »

Normally I avoid threads like these, but as the proud, happy owner of one of Carla’s Rhenegade Chows I feel I should offer my testimony in her defense. First of all, kudos to Carla for being one of the dwindling number of breeders who raises open faced chows as opposed to only the heavy boned, wrinkled faced ones. No offense to those owners, but open faced is my preference for looks and for health and they are harder to find. I’ve been to Carla’s home and met her family and I’ve seen her kennels as well. These dogs are born loved and they are all held by humans from the time they first breathe air. Her children are all very involved and raising chows is a family affair. The truth is, if she were providing chows of poor quality she would not have the loyal following that she does. People don’t go back to a breeder to get their 2nd or 3rd dog if they are not pleased with the one they already have, they just won’t do that. Her prices are reasonable and she and other Rhenegade parents are always available to answer any questions. If I could get another dog right now (I currently have three) I would be driving to TN to get one of Carla’s chows.
Attachments
Wookie 1.jpg
Wookie 1.jpg (150.13 KiB) Viewed 10188 times
maikinda
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by maikinda »

maikinda wrote:Anyone looking for a puppy needs to do their homework and make sure you are getting what the breeder promised. When you ask the breeder about health certificates make sure you see OFA certificates. You can go to offa.org and put in the sire and dams name and find out what testing has been done. If you see that a dog has elbows done and not hips ask the breeder why? If they are telling you that the pedigree has generations of OFA's you can also see a pedigree at offa.org that shows the testing done on other dogs in the pedigree. If you find out that the breeder is not being completely honest I would think hard about getting a dog from them. Of course you will find people on their website that recommend them, they are not going to put complaints on the site. Hopefully your puppy will be a member of your family for the next 12 to 15 years. Take your time and make a wise choice.

Laura
I don't know why anyone would take this personally. This information is true for all breeders and was meant to provide information.
pr1mad0na
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by pr1mad0na »

Hello there!
This posting is interesting but I do want to testify that I got my dog Ewok from Carla of Rhenegade Chows almost 6 years ago and I have been super happy ever since. I agree that you have to do your homework when selecting a breeder, and I did. I called breeders around the countries and interviewed them over the phone. I don't have the name list with me anymore, but I might have spoken with any one who is in this forum if you are a breeder. I selected Carla, why? Because she cares about her puppies and what happens after the puppies go home with their parents. As a first time chow owner, I asked a lot of questions from how to groom to how to socialize my chow. Sure I get the info from everywhere, but from Carla, I got not only information, but also a friend.
So, I'm sorry if any one had a bad experience in getting your chows, accidents happens, but I don't think it's fair to blame Carla for your issues.

Thanks, have a great weekend, and try to be happy with your chowdren! I think any one with a chow or two should be very happy! :D
maikinda
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by maikinda »

OriginalRecipe wrote:And yet again, guy 612 shows his serious inability to do any type of investigative work. It would be laughable if not just disgusting. Ok, so let me see why am I on here posting this time. Oh yes YOU dragged me on insinuating that someone else was me and outright lying. So yes I'd say I had to good reason to show up to this place again to see what was going on. Then Ms Laura decides she is going to pull her old grudge out of her *Censored Word* and start some *Censored Word* up. Its amazing how I have never one time offered a pup to anyone on here, or made them known to anyone on here, I have never at any time stated that "I breed more than anyone." as for the post about me before, it was renamed by admin, I made a comment about someones post and admin chose to rename the entire thread Rhenegade chow to make it look like I started the thread, that was a lie, I didn't start the thread and that was stated on there many times. It was meant as defamation and still is. I do not nor have I ever bred more than anyone. I wouldn't be on here replying to you, or wasting my time, except for the fact that you insult me, you insult my puppy parents, and you insult my dogs, and I wont' stand by and let someone with your ignorance do that to my friends, my family, my dogs or me. You can stand there flapping your arms screaming away, and the facts stand for themselves. Not your trumped up made up facts the real ones.
Now as for this topic creator, I was going to leave you alone, but I don't think so now. You think you are a teacher and wish to educate, but you are nothing more than a person who can only say do as I say not as I do. You have fewer health certifications on your dogs than mine. You didn't even have Micah's elbows done, I don't see a CERF for him, No patella's listed, so basically this post refers to you, not me. and again, HE HAS GENESE FROM A DOG WHO DIED OF A SERIOUS CONGENITAL LIFE THREATENG DEFECT, and your pissed about that, and being lied to by your breeder, and yes my guilt is there in going along with it, 14 years ago, when I was brainwashed. I got out of the box. Have a lovely day. Peace and purple kisses from the Rhenegades. :lol:
Carla is right, Micah only had an OFA E Hip . Carla does have more OFA's, of course Carla has more dogs also. If you were buying a dog from me you should check this out as well as his pedigree. You can find this information at OFFA.org I have bred 3 litters, not 3 litters from Micah, 3 litters total. That is over the 30 years I have had chows. Maybe Carla would like to share how many litters she has produced? She is wanting to be totally honest. Maybe she has forgotten that another story about Micah's brother's death was that her ex-husband killed him. It doesn't matter to me either way. If people are happy with the dogs they have from her that's great. My point was that people should know what they are getting, from any breeder. Carla must agree with me since she is talking about a SERIOUS CONGENITAL LIFE THREATENG DEFECT that she alleges is in Jubilee's pedigree. I don't know why she thinks I am upset, even if what she say is true I would take another Micah in a minute. Micah is the most beautiful, loving, friendly dog there is. I'm grateful that Loretta let me have him.

Laura
Attachments
Micah B&W.jpg
Micah B&W.jpg (28.94 KiB) Viewed 10146 times