We're baaaaaaack!

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

We're baaaaaaack!

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Hey y'all! I've really gotta get back here more often. Lol Things should be calmed down for me for a little bit. Haha!

I'm STILL searching for a job... Which has now been hindered again... Last Tuesday I was on my way to apply to some local stores and pick up a bag of food for Jazz, well, I never made it any of those places... I was stopped behind 2 other vehicles, 1 of which was turning into a neighborhood, when I was rear ended by another vehicle who's driver wasn't paying attention to the road (or the fact that traffic was stopped) and I was pushed into the vehicle in front of me... The car that hit me was totaled. The van I was pushed into had no damage. And no one in either of those vehicles was hurt. However, my head hit my steering wheel... My airbag didn't deploy.... The front bumper on my car is crushed in... The back is pretty banged up but the tow hitch took most of the hit. Now, we have to get my car checked out to see if it's salvageable or if there's frame damage and have to total it out... Kinda hoping the later because after 2 accidents (that weren't my fault) I'm convinced my car is bad luck... But I'm no worse for wear. A 2 hour ER visit, some meds, a shot, and a few prescriptions and I was back home. No concussion, surprisingly, and minor whiplash... Not how I wanted to kick off the holiday season... I'm just glad that I decided I was gonna go apply places and didn't take Dixie with me... I was so close to taking her to Tractor Supply to just get Jazz's food... It would have devistated me if she'd been in the car and gotten hurt.

But enough about me. Lol
Jazz has done awesome since that scare we had with trying to get a dental cleaning done... He's still having some allergy issues but the vet is convinced it isn't food causing it anymore. So now he takes benedryl everyday and get a medicated bath once a week and he's doing better. He currently looks like a frumpy old man, but I still love him. He turned 5 on Halloween! Can't believe my Jazz-Man is already 5! Still seems like such a short time ago that we brought him home.

Dixie is fantastic! She's a spitfire. Growing up hasn't slowed her down in the slightest. Lol At 3 she's still goin' like a 6 m/o puppy. Haha! She's definitely kickin' butt and taking names. She keeps everyone else in line. Lol

Todd is a completely different dog from the scared little fluff-ball we adopted a year and 9 months ago. He loves going out places and he actually WALKS with me instead of needing to be carried or put in a buggy! He makes me so proud! He's still skittish of men and kids and I'm pretty sure he'll always be that way. But that's ok by me as long as he isn't being aggressive or biting people.

I'll try to get new pictures posted soon! I need to get some good ones first. Lol

Jess and the crew
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
chow4life
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: We're baaaaaaack!

Post by chow4life »

Welcome back Tippsy's mom and the crew. I've missed your stories. Glad you were ok in your fender bender :D
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cocoa »

Welcome back Jess! \:D/ We've missed you and all the stories of you and your pack. I'm sorry to hear about your accident but glad that you weren't seriously hurt and that the pups were all safely at home. Looking forward to seeing the photos of your gang.
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Hey Jess glad you are back !!! I need someone who would understand my upset over you know who's hair cut!!!LOLOL
anyway back to DOGS!! The next vehicle you buy should be fire engine red maybe then they will see you!!!
Can't wait for the holiday photos ( no pressure hehe)
Bella is growing in leaps and bounds! I never had a dog that weighed over 70 lbs! after the grand kids fed her treats all week she needs doggie watchers program !!!!!!
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Thank y'all!
chowpups wrote:Hey Jess glad you are back !!! I need someone who would understand my upset over you know who's hair cut!!!LOLOL
anyway back to DOGS!! The next vehicle you buy should be fire engine red maybe then they will see you!!!
Can't wait for the holiday photos ( no pressure hehe)
Bella is growing in leaps and bounds! I never had a dog that weighed over 70 lbs! after the grand kids fed her treats all week she needs doggie watchers program !!!!!!
Hey Nancy! Lol I completely agree on you know who's haircut! O.O I was like "oh no... WHY!?" Lol
Haha! My mom would never go for red on a vehicle if there's any chance she'll drive it (she's a red head and it clashes with her hair lol) but I'm aiming for a lifted truck. Haha! Get my vehicle up outta reach of little cars. Lol

Haha! I'll try to get some really good holiday photos soon. Once I get everyone bathed and groomed up and finish decorating. Lol (shouldn't be too long)

Oh and I know the feeling! My dad's rottie, Nikki is only 8 months old and is 115 lbs and not an ounce of fat on her! She's a beast. Lol And yet she and Dixie are the same height and Dixie is only 40 lbs, and she gets a perfect scoring from our vet. Lol
Jess
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

HAHAHA...let me tell you about the Chow Transport. Nothing short of a bus. We specifically bought a GMC Yukon XL to take the pups to their events. It holds both of their 36 inch long crates side by side in the back and has a 3rd row DVD screen so they can watch movies on the road. If anything outside a semi unit even thinks about striking it they will be in sore trouble. 19 feet long and over 5K lbs. 20 inch tires and about 2 feet of ground clearance. Most everything else on the road will drive under us. We considered an RV as an alternative but settled on the Yukon until we get the 3rd Chow and get him out for shows.

Seriously though, glad to here that you are OK after your collision. Auto Claims is my profession, and so many times i see even the most minor accident causing injuries...just this past weekend i was travelling to an event and came past a 70 car pile up caused by black ice. Some poor family lost their pet because he was thrown about the car. 35 people were treated at a local hospital just across the street from the dog show.
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Oh wow! Y'all's transportation sounds awesome! Lol I have a 2003 ford explorer Eddie Bauer edition. It has the 3rd row seats (which I never use, they're always laid down) and with them down I can fit 2 36 inch long kennels side-by-side. Lol

Unfortunately, my back is really acting up... Another doctors visit is in order... And I can't seem to get an appointment until sometime next week, which is aggravating me... And the cop who filed our accident report screwed it up and put my mom as the driver of my vehicle... Which I don't even know how he did that since my mom was at work at the time of the accident. This whole thing has me aggravated....
Jess