alternate pooping spot when rains

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Auddymay

Re: alternate pooping spot when rains

Post by Auddymay »

Buy a big umbrella and get in the habit, every day. You can teach a Chow what you want by saying Go peepee or Go poop. You start by saying it as they are preparing to do the deed, and then copious amounts of praise and happiness when the deed is done. Never make a Chow have to choose to soil their home.
christina chow mum
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: alternate pooping spot when rains

Post by christina chow mum »

Well said Auddymay! Your pics are beautiful and so is your Chow!! Here is a little more of the continuing saga of
"Ming Poop". ha ha ! :)

Poor little clean, fastidious Ming... having a high old miserable time of it with the storms and floods here. The Greek islands are flooded. People have died by drowning and still many missing, mostly on Rhodes Island. Really tragic!
We have been marooned in my flat for the last 48 hours. It’s been pelting down non-stop, lots of intermittent storms with Ming as usual hiding under his “fear blanket”. I have said before in posts on this Topic that he will only pee in the yard in an extreme emergency, so he finally summoned up his big boy Chow courage and very timidly went out twice in all the 48 hours to pee on his little red mat in the yard, absolutely terrified!!

When the storms stopped but it was still raining I went outside past the garage to the street several times to see if I could risk getting him out for a “poop” as he kind of tolerates rain only. He had held it in for so long it was starting to worry me.
But no way....totally useless, the whole street was a raging torrent of water from the Kifissos River down past the railway lines, going all the way to the Ilissos River on the other side of town, full of all kinds of trash, leaves, floating doormats, a stool, plastic buckets, bottles and a beer crate all went sailing past outside....This is NOT what I meant when I signed up for recycling! Fume....

Each time Ming had gone out very quickly for his terrified “pee for peace” he had sniffed around my plant pots and scraped a bit of the earth under the tree, there is not much earth there, and was whining a bit...so I knew he was suffering “in silence”.
This morning the storms had stopped but still raining and floods. I just had to risk it and put him out of his misery so I took a chance. We climbed up the curly iron outside staircase to the roof in the rain, rushed over that to the roof of the empty building next door. I put loads of wet newspapers and plastic grocery bags down and Ming “pooped” to his little heart’s content for about twenty minutes! =D= =D= =D=

I almost cried with relief for him and also almost in amazement at just how much “poop” they manage to store inside themselves in only 48 hours. Unbelievable! Then we both came back over the roofs and down the stairs backwards one at a time with our bags of “poop” in tow, coz i’m terrified of heights as well! ooooppppsss! LOL!!
My old granny’s adage “Don’t wash your dirty linen on your own doorstep” somehow applies. Bless him and my old granny too! LOL! :)
Loving a Chow means never having to say your'e sorry.