Phillippines

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

wokman
Rank 2
Rank 2

Phillippines

Post by wokman »

I hope all our Chow Chow friends and their Families remain safe during the terrible Typhoon that is upon their Country. O:) [-o|
reddog
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Phillippines

Post by reddog »

Sending thoughts and prayers to our chowbuddies and their furbabies for their safety and well being. [-o|

Take care
Pam
Me & Tess
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Me & Tess »

They in my prayers too. I have some very dear friends in the Philippines, friends here in the states with family still in the Philippines. May God keep them safe.
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

Agreed. Be safe my friends.
Cam Atis
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cam Atis »

Hello! Thank you for the concern. We are fine, at least I think those members in Bulacan, manila which most members came from, are spared.
I am in palawan (also spared, most of it though) and only the northern most tip of my island was ravaged. So we will be sending money to them. The gravity of the situation is, well, grave. gravest.
I hope they leave Tacloban City ASAP (I saw survivors are already leaving, trying to - via sea or plane). There is not much left. And surely, they have relatives all over the archipelago. The whole is, you saw the news, very hard to traverse with everything upside down, erased. They lost their bancas (boats), lost their cars, lost their businesses, lost their cellular phones/ cellular towers which would have been a big help coordinating things, and lost their loved ones, their dogs, cats. Nothing left. No roads, just rubbish. And the airport is located in a hard to reach place, had it been at the centre, that would have been better. The concrete walls enforced with steel bars are no match to the sea water. They said the sea receded too far, before the surge came. It drowned even the rescuers and evacuees. that was according to our brethrens in faith who were saved at the third floor building where they were all gathered. They would have gone down to the first floor, because it was like the earth was shaking, but they prayed first, by the time they are about to descent, the water level is at the second floor already. It was quick flooding or rather flash-flood.

YOu know chow friends, we heard the term Storm Surge in the advisory, but honestly, I think almost everyone does not have a clue what it is. We know, flooding , tsunami, tidal wave… but surge? doesn't ring a bell in most people's mind. had the people of Leyte and Samar Islands knew what it really meant, they would have fled to higher ground. We are not native speakers of english , and storm surge does not have an equivalent in our 100 plus languages.So sad it has happened and the nation learned the hard way. As usual, we are ill-prepared. The wind speed was at 305km/hour, at landfall.

I did close my store that night an hour earlier, with Cassie and Blue waiting on me, they got wet in the process. Their food supplies all readied. My kids in the bed. It was mostly rain for us. So we slept peacefully. Never did I imagine that during those time, Tacloban and Guiuan are being flattened by Haiyan.
wokman
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by wokman »

So glad to here you and all your loved ones were spared. Prayers for all who are struggling to gather their lives back together. I now know the weather is not kind to your homeland and the earth gave part of your country a shaking only days before the storm. So sad that just the wrong choice of words caused so many lives to be lost.