My New Boy coming home next week

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Redbone
Rank 0
Rank 0

My New Boy coming home next week

Post by Redbone »

Can wait to see him I have the house ready

puplouie (640x469).jpg
puplouie (640x469).jpg (200.76 KiB) Viewed 17393 times
Regards,
Darrell Mora
Juniper
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: My New Boy coming home next week

Post by Juniper »

What a handsome little guy. So happy for you. \:D/
Jennifer & Sheena
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

Awwww that is so exciting! Congratulations!
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
Redbone
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Redbone »

Thanks
Regards,
Darrell Mora
chunkymonkeys
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chunkymonkeys »

AAAwwww! Look how cute he is!! Many hugs and kisses for the little guy; you're in for a blast with a Chow furball in your life! :D
christina chow mum
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by christina chow mum »

Ohmigod!! OOooooooooooo! GORGEOUS! Where's the nearest TWA office?? You can't surely be thinking of keeping that little miracle all to yourself? Not fair!! Welcome welcome! Tell us about his first night at home (if you ever get the time...LOL!) =D= =D= =D=
Loving a Chow means never having to say your'e sorry.
Redbone
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Redbone »

I should see him Monday
Regards,
Darrell Mora
Redbone
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Redbone »

20131026_154434 (640x480).jpg
20131026_154434 (640x480).jpg (183.86 KiB) Viewed 17321 times
20131028_131957 (640x480).jpg
20131028_131957 (640x480).jpg (151.94 KiB) Viewed 17321 times
20131026_154434 (640x480).jpg
20131026_154434 (640x480).jpg (183.86 KiB) Viewed 17321 times
Couple more pictures
Attachments
20131028_132023 (640x480).jpg
20131028_132023 (640x480).jpg (138.05 KiB) Viewed 17321 times
Regards,
Darrell Mora
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

I'm confused?? You are looking for a pup in general discussions but you are getting this pup too? I thought ths one fell through. Are you trying to get two? Confused. :)
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
christina chow mum
Rank 1
Rank 1

Hi Laura, I too am finding this a bit ambiguous. Perhaps in the joy and excitement of a happy homecoming for the newbie Redbone's words got lost in the "transportation". Sorry about that ...I meant "translation" :) Whatever the case, I hope at least one little guy will be going "home". =D=
Redbone
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Redbone »

I had the breeder checked out thru several resources. I ask a lot of questions and got the pictures of the Mom and dad also had him send pictures of the puppy with certain Items I requested tobe in them. He owns the mother. I talked to one other person that purchased one of the sisters they actully went to him home to pick her up. The home was very clean and the pups were raise inside. So I took the plung
Regards,
Darrell Mora
christina chow mum
Rank 1
Rank 1

DUH! (?)
DrewBear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by DrewBear »

Redbone wrote:...So I took the plung(e)...
Yep. I'm still at the research, verification and thinking stage, but at some point you just gotta dive in. Some folks just decide more quickly. Different strokes. Please let us know what the arrival/pick-up process is like. I'm assuming the pup is being flown out to you.
'Bear' 1996 - 2011
Redbone
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Redbone »

GEDC0218.jpg
GEDC0218.jpg (28.58 KiB) Viewed 17263 times
GEDC0223.jpg
GEDC0223.jpg (94.81 KiB) Viewed 17263 times
GEDC0226.jpg
GEDC0226.jpg (79.29 KiB) Viewed 17263 times
Well finally after a long ordeal. My boy is home. He was flown in from California to Louisiana. First thing I had my wires crossed I was wanting him home so bad I got the date wrong. I went to the airport on Monday looking to pick him up and found out it will be Tuesday before he arrives. I was off a day. Then Tuesday when the breeder was taking him to the airport there was a car accident in front of him that caused the traffic to back up so he missed his flight. He was but on the next flight. So Tuesday night I finally picked him up. To my suprise he was doing great just happy to be out of the crate. It is a small airport and everyone in there wanted to see him. He was glad to get home it was about 10 pm when he got there. He moved around the house to check it out. I stayed with him until about 5 that morning and he finally had enough he went in his crate and fell asleep. I got up around 8 and checked on him poor thing was still sleeping in his crate I left the door open for him. I checked the house to see if he left any mess and found none. When he got up I open the door and he followed me out he went do his business and check the grounds out. I stayed with him all day showing him around and introducing him to my other 2 boys. A rottweiler and a tiny Yorkshire everything went great they sniffed each other out with no problems. It is just me and my wife living at home and the grand kids come over and my boys enjoyed there company looks like for now every thing looks ok. He is going to the vet tomorrow to get a good check up. I look forward to having him in our familly. I have attached a few pictures of Igor
Regards,
Darrell Mora
Redbone
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Redbone »

GEDC0229.jpg
GEDC0229.jpg (75.79 KiB) Viewed 17263 times
GEDC0230.jpg
GEDC0230.jpg (62.08 KiB) Viewed 17263 times
Redbone wrote:
The attachment GEDC0218.jpg is no longer available
The attachment GEDC0223.jpg is no longer available
The attachment GEDC0226.jpg is no longer available
Well finally after a long ordeal. My boy is home. He was flown in from California to Louisiana. First thing I had my wires crossed I was wanting him home so bad I got the date wrong. I went to the airport on Monday looking to pick him up and found out it will be Tuesday before he arrives. I was off a day. Then Tuesday when the breeder was taking him to the airport there was a car accident in front of him that caused the traffic to back up so he missed his flight. He was but on the next flight. So Tuesday night I finally picked him up. To my suprise he was doing great just happy to be out of the crate. It is a small airport and everyone in there wanted to see him. He was glad to get home it was about 10 pm when he got there. He moved around the house to check it out. I stayed with him until about 5 that morning and he finally had enough he went in his crate and fell asleep. I got up around 8 and checked on him poor thing was still sleeping in his crate I left the door open for him. I checked the house to see if he left any mess and found none. When he got up I open the door and he followed me out he went do his business and check the grounds out. I stayed with him all day showing him around and introducing him to my other 2 boys. A rottweiler and a tiny Yorkshire everything went great they sniffed each other out with no problems. It is just me and my wife living at home and the grand kids come over and my boys enjoyed there company looks like for now every thing looks ok. He is going to the vet tomorrow to get a good check up. I look forward to having him in our familly. I have attached a few pictures of Igor
Attachments
GEDC0233.jpg
GEDC0233.jpg (36.76 KiB) Viewed 17263 times
Regards,
Darrell Mora
Redbone
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Redbone »

By the way he is 34 pounds
Regards,
Darrell Mora
chow4life
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chow4life »

Welcome home Igor. Very handsome young man indeed. How old is he?
Redbone
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Redbone »

15 weeks
Regards,
Darrell Mora
Doppler
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Doppler »

He's surely one lovely black boy, welcome Igor and congratulations!
"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. "
ImageImage
chow4life
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chow4life »

Redbone wrote:15 weeks
15 weeks or 15 months? I just noticed on another post with regards to a heart murmur you listed Igor as 15 months. By the way, how is he adjusting to his new home?
christina chow mum
Rank 1
Rank 1

I hear you Chow4life. I also picked up on this ..." he is 34 pounds..."
JESUS!! 34 pounds in kilos is 74.8 KILOS!!!
(>> 1lb = 2.2 kilos).
I've been round the block and back Redbone but this is the first time I have EVER heard of a 15 week old puppy weighing 74.8 kilos!.
My Ming is 7 years old and weighs max. mature weight 40 kilos now, a little less in the summer. Please forgive me but this whole story has been a bit weird from the start. Are you sure you have a 15 week old puppy? Are you sure you are aware that the members of this Forum are ALL experienced chow chow owners and know what's what when it comes to Chows?
By the looks of the pics, you have a young puppy but there is NO WAY it can weigh 34lbs!!
In any case, we're here for the Chows, so a warm Welcome to Igor (whoever you are, my little dear....)
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cocoa »

He is a gorgeous black boy and he is probably going to be on the larger end of the scale if he is already 34 pounds at 15 weeks. enjoy.
Christina wrote: 1lb = 2.2 kilos
Christina, you have it backwards, 1 kilo = 2.2 pounds so it is more like 15 - 16 kilos.
christina chow mum
Rank 1
Rank 1

Oh christ... yes, your'e right...sorrrrryyy...jetlag... :oops: :oops: :oops: got back from Thessaloniki midday had a quick snooze but still muggy as was interpreting for 48 hours not stop, apologies to Redbone and again, welcome gorgeous Big Guy and glad to see he is mixing with / accepting of Redbone's other dogs, first hurdle over, well done! =D= =D=
Redbone
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Redbone »

christina chow mum wrote:I hear you Chow4life. I also picked up on this ..." he is 34 pounds..."
JESUS!! 34 pounds in kilos is 74.8 KILOS!!!
(>> 1lb = 2.2 kilos).(OTHER WAY AROUND BUDDY) :twisted:
I've been round the block and back Redbone but this is the first time I have EVER heard of a 15 week old puppy weighing 74.8 kilos!.
My Ming is 7 years old and weighs max. mature weight 40 kilos now, a little less in the summer. Please forgive me but this whole story has been a bit weird from the start. Are you sure you have a 15 week old puppy? Are you sure you are aware that the members of this Forum are ALL experienced chow chow owners and know what's what when it comes to Chows?
By the looks of the pics, you have a young puppy but there is NO WAY it can weigh 34lbs!!
In any case, we're here for the Chows, so a warm Welcome to Igor (whoever you are, my little dear....)
I don't care how many blocks you been around and you need to take your name off the experienced list of this forum. By the way where are you from I don't want to go there and have this rub off on me. I really think the forum is great but very ARROGANT people. As for as being weird you hit that right on the head but again other way around. One more time around the block should do it NOT

My Boy is 15 Weeks old
He was weighted at my home and the vet in the same day
34 LBS = 15.45 Kilos :mrgreen:
Regards,
Darrell Mora
christina chow mum
Rank 1
Rank 1

Hey hey Redbone, there is no need for this type of reaction! :roll: :roll: Slow down.... As above, I already apologised for my mistake brought about by jetlag and working 18 hours a day! Yes, we own chows, but we are also human!You are of course entitled to your opinion as are we all, but the word ARROGANT is definitely a misnomer, nor have I EVER declared myself as EXPERIENCED, my head is not that big. I am a simple Chow owner as are we all here and can only speak from my OWN experience with my OWN Chow.

If I knew all there was to know about Chows then I certainly wouldn't be in this Forum from time to time picking up tips and learning from Chow owners more experienced than I and contributing my 10 cents worth from my own experiences as there are no other Chows or chow owners in Athens that I know of or can communicate with. The phrase "been around the block" is an Americanism picked up over the years from corresponding with many Americans and has no personal reference to your Chow, but if you are convinced it does then I suggest you complain to your democratic uncensored President about it. :roll: :roll:

Note: I don't have a bullseye stuck on my face or on my "Forum Avatar" so why you singled little ol' me as a target for your "extreme annoyance" I have no idea! If you check back through this topic of yours you will see others have made somewhat doubtful comments about your new puppy Chow and querying where you are really coming from but I cannot speak for others so I suggest you have a go at them, but then again, maybe you won't, because 98% of them are MALE!! We are all civilised adults (?) so as I have apologised for my mistake, perhaps you would have the decency and civility to apologise for YOURS!

Finally, I am NOBODY'S "buddy :!: " The only "buddy" in my house is my Chow!

Again, I wish you well with Igor and look forward to hearing his news. It is easy to forget how our chows were when they were puppies and every puppie's antics are always a pleasure. \:D/
Best wishes, Christina :) :)