My New Boy coming home next week

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Me & Tess
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: My New Boy coming home next week

Post by Me & Tess »

He is a big Chow boy. I never have had a Chow puppy. But my Tess was a big girl as an adult at 70 to 80 lbs. She was an old fashion Chow girl & sturdily built. I walked a smooth Chow boy on the Riverwalk for the shelter some time back & he was small. I remember thinking that Tess could make two of him. "They" claimed Lilly was small at 30 to 35 lbs. when we adopted her, she is now 40 lbs. & we wonder how the heck she fit into the travel crate that she was "shipped" in. So happy for you.
christina chow mum
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by christina chow mum »

Like I said, if I was in the U.K. posting to Redbone then the "confusion" would never have happened. I grew up in the U.K. with pounds shillings and pence for money (not drachmas or euros) with feet inches and yards for measurements (not centimetres or metres) with pints and gallons for liquids (not litres) and ounces, pounds and stones for weights (not kilos!). Even now after 37 years whenever I measure something I always do it in feet and inches then use a calculator to get the metric version. :roll: :roll: A real pain in the ...... Seems the European Union is responsible for more than the disgusting economic situation, unemployment and horrific crises in Europe today! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Loving a Chow means never having to say your'e sorry.
chow4life
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chow4life »

My sister in law use to date a gentlemen that had a chow named Samson and this chow was the biggest chow i've ever seen. He weighed in at nearly 90 + lbs. He was a beauty. Looked like a lion, but gentle as a lamb. He got him in Germany when he was active in the military.

My Matilda weighs in at a whopping 39 pounds. But ask her and she'll tell you she's bigger then that:-). Anyway, Igor is beautiful and he's sure to bring you much happiness. Take care
christina chow mum
Rank 1
Rank 1

I second that. Bottom line is who cares how many pounds, ounces, kilos or tonnes our Chows weigh as long as we love them, they are healthy and we are committed to take care of them for their whole lives. :) :)
kitten1426
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kitten1426 »

Our Kodi is 85lbs plus haven't weighed in in a while last time on a scale is was 80lbs...lol that was last yr he is filling out nicely at 2-1/2 years old..The thing is Kodi is very Tall over 25 inches at the shoulders...the pic below was last yr he is a lot bigger...lol..I think Kodi at 15 weeks was a little over 40lbs...
Our dogs...Kodi Male chow..[Mia Female Chow RB :( :( ]...Bear Male Airedale...Shelby Male Collie...And Moose airedale, New girl chow Merida
Redbone
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Redbone »

Beautiful boy you have nice picture guarding his post
Regards,
Darrell Mora
kitten1426
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kitten1426 »

Redbone wrote:Beautiful boy you have nice picture guarding his post

Thanks!!!! he is the real watchdog of the family for sure....
Our dogs...Kodi Male chow..[Mia Female Chow RB :( :( ]...Bear Male Airedale...Shelby Male Collie...And Moose airedale, New girl chow Merida
christina chow mum
Rank 1
Rank 1

He's fabulous! Magnificent! I think he's a Tibetan chow if I'm not mistaken? But who's keeping notes.. ha ha.
Thinks: Seems we have a similar taste in garden accessories....LOL! Below is a peep at mine, ALSO being fiercely guarded lol. Keep on guarding our beloved garden things Kodi, well done, and thanks for letting us see him in all his glory! A big MWAH!! from Ming \:D/ \:D/

P.S. From what I have seen of Redbone's photos of his puppy Igor, it looks as though Kodi is what Igor will look like when he gets older.
Attachments
GNOME CRITTERS.jpg
GNOME CRITTERS.jpg (64.61 KiB) Viewed 19905 times
MING'S GNOME FROM HOME.jpg
MING'S GNOME FROM HOME.jpg (68.47 KiB) Viewed 19905 times
kitten1426
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kitten1426 »

I have to get an updated Picture of Kodi up...like i said thats Last yr..he is a little bigger now...lol....
kitten1426
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kitten1426 »

here is a recent picture of Kodi...im posting more in the photo section...

sara
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by sara »

christina chow mum wrote:I hear you Chow4life. I also picked up on this ..." he is 34 pounds..."
JESUS!! 34 pounds in kilos is 74.8 KILOS!!!
(>> 1lb = 2.2 kilos).
Are you sure you are aware that the members of this Forum are ALL experienced chow chow owners and know what's what when it comes to Chows?
By the looks of the pics, you have a young puppy but there is NO WAY it can weigh 34lbs!!
Christina chow mum also wrote ....."Nor have I EVER declared myself as EXPERIENCED, my head is not that big. I am a simple Chow owner as are we all here"

I think I read what you read Redbone /:) ......ANYWAY, YOUR PUP IGOR LOOKS GREAT, FAB, Congratulations REDBONE, lucky old you.
christina chow mum
Rank 1
Rank 1

Hi Sara, greetings from Greece and from my Chow Ming :)
I don't recall that we have ever "met" on the Forum but to my surprise I see that a previous topic (discussion) with Redbone which I thought had been long over and dealt with, has your current and ardent attention for some reason I cannot fathom ( :?: ).

You said: "I think I read what you read Redbone ...."

So, dear Sara, as you seem so concerned about what was written in a topic to which you did not contribute, as far as I can see, I suggest you R E A D the REST of my input from that topic:

"......... y christina chow mum » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:27 pm
Oh christ... yes, your'e right...sorrrrryyy...jetlag... :cry: :cry: got back from Thessaloniki midday had a quick snooze but still muggy as was interpreting for 48 hours not stop, apologies to Redbone and again, welcome gorgeous Big Guy and glad to see he is mixing with / accepting of Redbone's other dogs, first hurdle over, well done!

........"
And I ALSO said this
".....If I knew all there was to know about Chows then I certainly wouldn't be in this Forum from time to time picking up tips and learning from Chow owners more experienced than I and contributing my 10 cents worth from my own experiences as there are no other Chows or chow owners in Athens that I know of or can communicate with. The phrase "been around the block" is an Americanism picked up over the years from corresponding with many Americans and has no personal reference to your Chow, but if you are convinced it does then I suggest you complain to your democratic uncensored President about it.
Note: I don't have a bullseye stuck on my face or on my "Forum Avatar" so why you singled little ol' me as a target for your "extreme annoyance" I have no idea! If you check back through this topic of yours you will see others have made somewhat doubtful comments about your new puppy Chow and querying where you are really coming from but I cannot speak for others so I suggest you have a go at them, but then again, maybe you won't, because 98% of them are MALE!! We are all civilised adults (?) so as I have APOLOGISEDfor my mistake, perhaps you would have the decency and civility to apologise for YOURS!
Finally, I am NOBODY'S "buddy" :!: :!: The only "buddy" in my house is my Chow!
Again, I wish you well with Igor and look forward to hearing his news. It is easy to forget how our chows were when they were puppies and every puppie's antics are always a pleasure.
Best wishes, Christina ....."

ALSO said this: "..P.S. From what I have seen of Redbone's photos of his puppy Igor, it looks as though Kodi is what Igor will look like when he gets older...."

SO, .......... Dear Sara, I would be interested to know WHAT YOUR PROBLEM IS? and why you are suddenly referring to a subject which has no current input nor continuation because unless this is a Forum for Jesuit Priests or you are a practising NUN, there is no way I am going to keep confessing for the mistake in my arithmetic on a weekly basis!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Take care! Best wishes, Christina :)
christina chow mum
Rank 1
Rank 1

Sorry to drag this out...and with apologies to my nice chow friends on this Forum but it seems to me you have asked for it.... I ALSO said:

"...by christina chow mum » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:42 pm
Like I said, if I was in the U.K. posting to Redbone then the "confusion" would never have happened. I grew up in the U.K. with pounds shillings and pence for money (not drachmas or euros) with feet inches and yards for measurements (not centimetres or metres) with pints and gallons for liquids (not litres) and ounces, pounds and stones for weights (not kilos!). Even now after 37 years whenever I measure something I always do it in feet and inches then use a calculator to get the metric version. :roll: :roll: A real pain in the ...... Seems the European Union is responsible for more than the disgusting economic situation, unemployment and horrific crises in Europe today!

Like I said before "Sara" I have no idea who you are so checked out your profile wherein I see there is no "Chow" name listed.
Do you actually OWN a Chow?
Also see that you are an avid fan of ChowChow.org.UK.
I thereby rest my case. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Is this all necessary? Does it matter if we can do math or if you can identify a member or the Chow they own? And above all, keep politics out of it. Our Chows could give a rip what anyone's politics are about. My full grown female weighs 33 pounds. My male weighs 66 pounds. They come in all sizes. Truly one of the least conforming breeds where size is concerned. Good luck with your new Chowling.
andomozed
Rank 0
Rank 0

My New Boy coming home next week

Post by andomozed »

Christina...I do not believe your mistake in arithmetic is what people take issue with. I personally appreciate this forum for the valuable and constructive information the members provide and share. This isn't the place to practice personal blogging.

Redbone...Igor is beautiful and will continue to grow into a gorgeous boy. I'm very partial to big black chows myself and will post a pic of my Eddie soon once I'm logged in via laptop. Much like Igor, my big boy was a lovable fluffball that grew very rapidly...I kept a weekly weight chart for his first year and by week 15 he weighed 31 lbs. He continued to grow and topped out at 86 lbs., and VERY healthy. I wish you and Igor the best as your journey continues, and please take lots of pics because they definitely grow every day!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
chow4life
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chow4life »

andomozed wrote:Christina...This isn't the place to practice personal blogging.

Not so much true. Christina has posted in the community section where it states that chow owners can discuss anything.
christina chow mum
Rank 1
Rank 1

To: The Forum Moderators, Chow.Chow.org.
My client [avatar: Christina Chow Mum] repudiates and will not respond to various false, discriminative comments stated within and under the Forum Topic:
My New Boy Coming home Next Week –
on the grounds that any further participation on her part in this specific topic may result in a disruption of the smooth flow of these genial, supportive, pleasant, humorous, caring, informative, advisory to her and on behalf of her pet dog (a Chow Chow breed) proceedings and henceforth pleads the Fifth Amendment.
Yours truly,
George G. Paravantis, Attorney at Law,
N. Kondylis & Partners Law Office,
N. Gennimata Str. 8, 115 24, Athens – Greece
(Panormou Metro Station)
Tel.: (+30) 210-6995792, 210-6995793, 210-6995794
Fax: (+30) 210-6995796
Web: http://www.kondylislawoffice.gr
E-mail: info@kondylislawoffice.gr

andomozed
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by andomozed »

chow4life wrote:
andomozed wrote:Christina...This isn't the place to practice personal blogging.

Not so much true. Christina has posted in the community section where it states that chow owners can discuss anything.
I've been a member of this forum for some time now so I feel comfortable in my knowledge of which discussion boards are used for which topics. I do realize that the community section exists to "discuss anything" and the intent of my quote (before it was dissected) is that we come here to obtain information that we find valuable. I'm not the first member to bring this up (in other discussion boards as well). My intention was to comment on Redbone's topic, but I found myself having to scroll through numerous counterproductive rants (example: political, *Censored Word*, etc.) that would be more appropriate on other forums other than a ChowChow site...that's all.
Redbone
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Redbone »

Igor 1.jpg
Igor 1.jpg (77.53 KiB) Viewed 19817 times
Igor.jpg
Igor.jpg (53.89 KiB) Viewed 19817 times
I have a couple more pictures of my Boy Igor. He has done very well coming into a new home. We have potty trained him already. He has the run of the house and property. He is doing the socializing thing now and all is well. Doesn't have any issue I can feed him and put my hand all over his mouth and food and he is quite ok with it all. I brush him regularly he loves it. I have a Rottweiler/Yorkie/cat and they all get along very well. He loves to go for walks. He is getting big he legs look a little long. I thought they be a little shorter
Regards,
Darrell Mora
kitten1426
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kitten1426 »

How old is Igor??...Some are more leggy some are short...Kodi is very leggy too but has filled out a lot so he looks less leggy if that makes sense..lol...
Redbone
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Redbone »

He is 3 1/2 Months. Yes that makes sense I love him short or tall. Real good boy so far
Regards,
Darrell Mora
Redbone
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Redbone »

Igor 5.jpg
Igor 5.jpg (47.54 KiB) Viewed 19783 times
More Pictures very good temper loves the kids
Igor 7.jpg
Igor 7.jpg (47.66 KiB) Viewed 19783 times