Dental appointment

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

wokman
Rank 2
Rank 2

Dental appointment

Post by wokman »

Yesterday Zoey had a dental check-up. The Veterinarian called me during the procedure while Zoey was sedated to tell me they found a growth near the back end of her tongue. The growth was removed to be sent to a Pathologist to determine if it is Cancerous. Zoey had not had a Dental cleaning for five years since her teeth had minimal tarter. Zoey turned 12 years old end of last month. She has had three Dental cleanings prior to this. If Christina, Mings Mum from Greece had not posted "Has anyone brushed their Chows teeth" , Juniper may not of told her story about her Sheena's Dental which found an early stage Cancerous growth on the tongue. Junipers; Sheena situation was identical to Zoeys, frequency of visits to the Veterinarian and Chows age.
wokman
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Dental appointment

Post by wokman »

I wrote the first Post here before reading any Post from the last ten days and I would not change a thing in it even after catching up with the news. Paws crossed for all Chow Chows in sickness and without a home.
Animals and people have feelings.
Gentle humor is my defense, but sometimes it has proven pointless.
Juniper
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Dental appointment

Post by Juniper »

Oh Wokman, I am so sad to hear this about Zoey. There is plenty of hope even if the biopsy comes back positive for oral lingual melanoma, especially if it is located only in that one spot on the tongue and is less than 2 cm. Please read my post in the Health Discussions section: http://forum.chowchow.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20457

Sheena is doing really well since the diagnosis and the measures I took. Much recovery and health to Zoey and yourself as well.
Jennifer & Sheena