New addition!

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

pbaker
Rank 0
Rank 0

New addition!

Post by pbaker »

Have a new chow mix with possibly husky, I was told that by one person but was told she was full. Blooded, 9 weeks old and used to be outside with her siblings, but when you try to hold her or get affectionate, she has a mean growl and bites, can this behavior be changed or is this a sign that she will be aggressive! I have a neutered male that is a year old that is not aggressive, it had only been 3 days hope it gets better!
wokman
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: New addition!

Post by wokman »

I would keep the two dogs separated and walk them with one person for each dog since things can change in the blink of an eye. She looks like a possible Husky Mix in the picture, Husky's are serious dogs and require an owner that can out match its personality. Did its bite break your skin or was it a warning snap? You can get her evaluated by a professional trainer, one that trains German Shepards should be good. Having very recently be reminded that Dogs talk with their teeth I would rather be safer than sorrier. I wonder how the A.H.A. will classify dog bites :-?
Doppler
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: New addition!

Post by Doppler »

I agree with consultation on professional trainer for more personal look and tips for his personality and temperament. Better if you know more about the past or what might the dogs have been so you know what to avoid. Some dogs may develop trauma from bad experiences so you do not want to trigger that.
"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. "
ImageImage