CGC test

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

cinziao
Rank 0
Rank 0

CGC test

Post by cinziao »

I am so proud of my chow chow!!!! I got her from a chow chow rescue in New york, her past was unknown... she was a stray wandering the streets on Long Island. When I adopted her she instantly bonded with us but was one scared little girl. She growled, barked and would not let anyone else pat her. Tried to run and hide from anything and everyone but us. My vet warned me that adopting a stray chow with children in my home that had this much fear was unwise. My home owners no longer would insure me until she passed a CGC test... I had until November of 2013!
We gave her so much love!!! We took her to training classes and socialized her everyday... Playgrounds, dog parks anywhere there were people, dogs and kids. Baby steps at first! She slowly became confident and secure and lost her fear.

Yesterday she took her CGC test through the Northeast chow chow breeders association and PASSED!!!! She was as PERFECT as the golden that was tested right before her. I am THRILLED we did not give up on her!
Last edited by cinziao on Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
cinziao
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: CGC test

Post by cinziao »

I also want to Thank Antonio Raposa of Royal chow and Northeast chow chow breeders association (a great organization) for their help and guidance through this process.
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Congrats on your CGC test!
chow4life
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chow4life »

Congratulations!!! Most of all thanks for adopting.
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

Congrats on the CGC Designation. Quite an accomplishment. Most folks view their Chows as obstinate and don't attempt to obtain the CGC. Thanks for not believing in the stereotype and for believing in your Chow. Each and every Chow that passes the CGC testing is an example of how well our Chows can be trained to be well behaved companions.

Great job in turning her fears into confidence. We all know how important socialization is, and you now have the proof.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions of concerns. I post fairly regularly (though not everyday anymore), and will either give you my own response or seek answers from those who are in the know.
maikinda
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by maikinda »

Congratulations on the CGC! So thrilled to hear that everything has worked out so well!

Laura
Attachments
Micah tag.jpg
Micah tag.jpg (12.41 KiB) Viewed 4422 times
cinziao
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by cinziao »

Thank you for all your kind words. It was a huge accomplishment for us. We adopted her only 9 months ago.... Bellina was so eager to please that I thought she could do it. She is very trainable and i've taught her all sorts of tricks. She also adores children, My 6 year old and she play all the time!!! what a incredible journey!
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

Since we are both in MA, i have asked Tony to pass along my contact info to you in the event you have any questions, etc.

Please feel free to contact me either directly or through this site.

Hope to see you (and your Chow) at a future NECCBA club meeting. Rory and Amber will be thrilled to hang out with a CGC Designate. Perhaps they will become inspired to try it themselves.
cinziao
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by cinziao »

Sounds great!!!! Yes I am planning on being as active as possible with NECCBA!