Where is Abby?

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

wokman
Rank 2
Rank 2

Where is Abby?

Post by wokman »

Since Abby's unexpected departure across the Bridge; Zoey my Blue eleven year old Chow ends the day going to sleep on her pillow after the last relief outing. Just as I go to retire Zoey will get up, making her Chow sounds wanting to go out to the dog run. At first I thought it was for the final calling of personal business, but after several repeats of this new behavior I realized she was looking for Abby. The two girls had bonded during the last few weeks of Abby's life.
We will miss you always Abby; you have left me with a new appreciation for Zoey and for all future homeless Fur Kids. O:)
Juniper
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Where is Abby?

Post by Juniper »

How is Zoey doing now since Abby's departure to the Rainbow Bridge. Is she doing better?
Jennifer & Sheena
Boogie and Linda
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boogie and Linda »

That is so sad. :( It is hard enough when you can understand what is going on, it must be even harder when you can't.
wokman
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by wokman »

Zoey is continuing her nightly check for Abby. She is getting extra attention now since she is the only one.
Sunday night I took Abby's collar, harness and leash off her pillow and Zoey took notice to the items missing.
Zoey has been staying outside for longer periods of time now; only she knows what she is waiting for.
Zoey's appetite has returned and her walks have increased in length, all good signs to me. :D
Boogie and Linda
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boogie and Linda »

Yes, those are good signs. I am glad to hear she is feeling a little better. Animals grieve too. She has to go through the process.