Abby in Emergency

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

wokman
Rank 2
Rank 2

Abby in Emergency

Post by wokman »

I took Abby to the Emergency clinic yesterday; she was not doing well. She had been sick during the night, went on her morning walk, shorter than normal, rested, ate her kibble then brought it up. Her regular Vet. said they could give her some Pepcid antacid but I could see her getting more lethargic. After several hours wait at the busy E.R. a Doctor saw Abby, she had an irregular heart beat and tenderness in the abdomen. Abby was taken for blood work and X-Rays. After an hour the results were such that it was recommended that she stay over night for observation.
Abby has now stabilized with medication and fluids but is showing her bad side :evil: . I will be picking her up and may be taking her to another facility for an ultra sound today if possible or next Tuesday at the Clinic she is now at.
Abby was adopted by me last November from a small shelter in St. Louis, Missouri. She had quite a few teeth removed after I had adopted her, a problem that had been apparently going on for some time. Lack of dental care can affect other organs in a severe way due to the spread of infection. Teeth are out of sight but we must keep them in mind to keep our Pets and ourselves healthy.
Please say a good word for Abby. [-o|
Juniper
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Abby in Emergency

Post by Juniper »

Sending positive healing thoughts for Abby's full recovery.
Jennifer & Sheena
wokman
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by wokman »

Update on Abby: Abby was relieved of her suffering late afternoon last Saturday September 7, 2013.
An Ultra Sound examination at another Clinic showed a mass on her one Kidney where her Adrenal Gland should have been. The next procedure a C.T. scan could not be preformed until she had been on a twice daily blood pressure medication for at least a week because of risk of complication with the anesthetic. There was no guarantee she would have responded to blood pressure medication or would she feel like eating.
I have put a notice in the Memorial section. :_|
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

So sorry - I have only just seen this post.
You gave her happiness for a little while - take comfort in that. :)
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
JammyJoy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by JammyJoy »

Awww,I'm so sorry to read about Abby. I'm sending you my prayers and love. Be strong,Abby can make it!!