Been gone for a while...

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Been gone for a while...

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Hey everybody! Wow, I've been gone for a good while!

Everything is good here with myself and my crew. Just been super busy since my dad added Nikki the rottie pup to the family. 6 dogs will keep you on your toes 24/7. :lol:

Jasper has been forced to be an outdoor dog for the most part in the past couple of months... My dad decided he "don't want 2 big dogs in the house". Frustrates me, but Jazz doesn't seem to mind. He just lays in the shade or in his dog house when I'm not out with he, Dixie, and Nikki. He still gets to come in and hang out when I'm home alone, but otherwise he has to be outside. :? I still care for him like I did before when he was an indoor dog and he still gets all the love and attention he's use to.

Dixie is still in hiding from my dad. Going on 3 years this October. That's really the only reason she's still an indoor dog; because my dad simply doesn't know she's here. :lol: But she's great. Spoiled as ever. And she just had her 3rd birthday.

Todd is good. His usual happy lil self. He's a bit grumpy still over Nikki being here, but he just does his best to avoid her.

Nikki (who we welcomed home May 3rd) is going on 5 months and 60 lbs. :lol: :shock: She's a beast of a puppy and my brother and myself are really the only ones who have control over her (good thing she's become more of my brother's dog than my dad's). But she's super smart and eager to please when we can get her to focus. She's very protective... Of herself, her territory, and her family. We're working hard on her training and socialization though. She's such a good dog. Dixie is her best friend, but I've come to realize that I will never choose a rottie as a dog for myself. More dog in 1 package than I really want.

We lost one of our cats, Tinkerbell, to a pancreatic disorder in June. We kept trying to get her better but it was ultimately decided, when she kept getting worse, that we needed to let her go. But my mom added a new kitten, named Izzie, to the family a couple weeks ago. She's a pistol. :lol: Never met a cat who was such a character.

My mom's dogs, Max & Lil Bit, are as annoying as ever....

I've been spreading myself thin trying to care for all the critters & look for a job, but everything seems to be looking up and getting better.

Hope everyone here is doing well!
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Re: Been gone for a while...

Post by Judy Fox »

Lovely to hear from you Jess - just hang in there and look after all the creatures! \:D/ :roll:
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
wokman
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by wokman »

Good to hear all the news about you and your fur friends. Maybe Nikki will help Dixie be accepted by your Dad.
I just do not know how you could hide Dixie all this time from your Dad; :-$ he must be busy all the time. :|
Good luck with the Job hunt. %%-
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

hey Jess
Glad to hear all is well, your fur family cracks me up! Dixie must be a magician and knows when to do the disappearing act! My son tried to sneak a stray cat in once ,his allergic sister gave it away when she couldn't breathe hardly!( that only took a few hours too) lol
Caring for them all must occupy most of your time Iam sure!
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Hey y'all! Sorry for being gone so long again. Lol As I said before, things are crazy. And I no longer have a computer... Just the internet on my phone...

But thank y'all. Lol Dixie is quite brilliant when it comes to hiding. In general really. Lol My dad works 6 days a week. He usually leaves between 5:30 and 6:00 in the morning and doesn't get home until between 7:30 and 10:00 at night. And then there's some nights he doesn't even come home because he'll get a lay-down run for work (he's a road driver for FedEx Freight). But at night when my dad calls to let my mom know he's on his way so she can cook for him, I tell Dixie "Daddy's comin' home". She goes running for the front door to go potty and when we come in she goes running up the stairs to my room. She lays on the futon or my bed and stays quiet the entire time. If I'm in my room and I need to go out for whatever, I say "go hide" and she goes and hides on the opposite side of my bed, under the futon. She's quite the character. Lol

Really makes no sense to me why my dad doesn't like Dixie... She really is THE greatest dog we have.
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix