Non-Chow Schotzi

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Non-Chow Schotzi

Post by Victory »

My best friend and her husband had to put their nearly 17 year old girl, Schotzi down tonight. She had inoperable cancer and wasn't eating, her quality of life had greatly deterioated and they made the heart breaking descion tonight. Schotzi was a GDS/Austrialian cattle dog mix. They adopted her when she was just four months old. She was from a litter that had been take from the mother way to young and seperated because of a lack of a foster that could take the entire litter. Because of this Schotzi had severe seperation issues, dominance issues, bite issues etc. But they loved her and babied her, she was spoiled rotten, and well taken care of.

I have sent them the poem, The Greatest Gift which many on this site have seen, along with Judy's quote in these circumstances, "say not in grief that she is no more, but in joy that she was."

I know none of you knew Schotzi, or know my friends Steve and Trish, but if you could send them a thought and wish Schotzi the freedom and joy of being at the bridge, I'd certainly apprieciate it. They have been there for me through the loss of most of my chows.

Dang this is sad news for me too. Run free, Schotzi, run free.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
reddog
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Non-Chow Schotzi

Post by reddog »

Dear Victory,

Please extend my deepest, heartfelt sympathy to your friends, Steve and Trish, for the loss of Schotzi. :( I know how devastated they must feel as I have also walked in their shoes. I lost my beloved Chloe, who was 13 yrs old, roughly two years ago and tears still come now and then. Please assure them that even though Schotzi is gone physically, she will always hold a special place in their hearts and in the memory box of their minds. Now and then a fond or funny memory will come to mind and bring a smile to their face or a chuckle.

May it give them some comfort knowing that down the road and when their time comes to leave this earth Schotzi will be wagging her tail and waiting for them at the Rainbow bridge.

My thoughts and prayers are with them.

Run free, be free Schotzi

Take care,
Pam
wokman
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Non-Chow Schotzi

Post by wokman »

Schotzi was a very fortunate Female to have been taken in by such loving and understanding owners who could see the goodness in her. She was blessed to have had such a long life and I understand the void that all of you must fill with with her absence. She gave all she could give as all are fur friends do and they teach us not to take our time for granted. You brought tears to my eyes reddog, I recently said farewell to King Leo and not long before him his Queen Kamie Mammie. May they all run and play forever free. O:) :cry: