Tess' Best Friend Buddy

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Me & Tess
Rank 2
Rank 2

Tess' Best Friend Buddy

Post by Me & Tess »

I have mentioned Buddy in past posts about Tess. Buddy is a big boy, Lab & Pit Bull mix. Tess dominated him when they had sleep overs. Buddy is turning 14 this June. Buddy is the funniest and loving-est and best friend to his master Earl. Earl has a guest ranch up here in northwest Montana, we stayed there when we moved up here. Buddy becomes every one's best friend (to Earl's guests), he is a favorite at the Ranch. Poor Buddy was ran over when Earl's "Wrangler" was returning home after the tourist season ended last year. Buddy faired poorly for a while. He lost the glint in his eye and it was hard for him to manage the smile he is so famous for. He couldn't climb stairs (Earl's place has 64 stairs) so Bud had to stay in the garage for a couple of months. Even though Buddy felt poorly he would make the trek up our road. I stopped several times to see if I could get him in the Trooper to take him back down to Earl, but he just couldn't and wouldn't want to get in. I watched him as he traveled the road, head down, no visible smile to greet me. I went over to Earl's yesterday with one of my friends and there was Buddy older, but the glint in his eyes is back & he gave me the biggest smile that I had ever seen from him. He cuddled up to me, brushed against me and I gave him hugs and pets. Earl told me that on Buddy's birthday he is giving him one big steak ( I am sure Earl will have one too).
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Re: Tess' Best Friend Buddy

Post by Judy Fox »

Brilliant! :D What a lovely story.
I am so glad he is feeling better. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Fozzbear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Fozzbear »

Ahh - glad he is feeling better too x
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

Awww. Good ole Buddy. I remember when you mentioned that he was hurt and feeling bad. I'm glad he's doing better and enjoying life again. They surprise all the time, don't they.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!