Some people... I swear...

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Some people... I swear...

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Their idiocy never ceases to amaze me anymore...

I took Jazz, Dixie, and Todd with me to meet up the park to meet up with a few friends of mine (Emily D., Brandy, Chelsea, Korey and his sister, Emily E.) and their dogs (Samson, Tyrion, and Bear). We were all having a good time just hangin' out in the big grassy area. And then this woman pulls up to the curb nearby in an old rusty blue truk and got out yelling "Give me back my dog! Give me back my Roxy!" All of us looked around at eachother confused. I picked up Todd and tightened my grip on Jazz's leash. Chelsea had a hold of Dixie. Korey was trying to calm Tyrion, an Am. Staff, down because he was being his big puppy self and wanted to say "hi". Emily D. was sitting next to Samson, a chow/GSD mix, who was still sleeping. And Emily E. picked Bear, a pom/peke/poodle mix, up.

This woman came storming around her truck just cussin' and screamin'! And she came right up to me and tried to snatch Todd out of my arms! I turned, pulling him away from this woman and got a good 3 feet away with he and Jazz and handed Jazz's leash to Brandy. I looked back at the woman and said "I don't know what you're talking about. This is MY dog. I've had HIM for well over a year now." She called me a liar and again yelled at me to give her "Roxy" back!

At this point, my friends jumped in and were telling her she was crazy, that Todd is a male, and that if she didn't leave we'd call the cops but this woman just kept on and kept on. I even held Todd up and was like "see! He's male!" AND SHE STILL WOULDN'T ACCEPT THE FACT THAT HE WASN'T HER DOG!

Korey ended up calling the cops, who showed up within 5 minutes. One cop talked to me and my group of friends. She asked for proof of ownership, so I pulled Todd's vaccination and microchip papers out and showed them to her. While all of this went on, the other cop talked to the other woman. I heard "she stole my dog" get shouted a few times.....

After the cops talked to eachother, the one who'd spoke to us came and asked us if we wanted to file harassment charges, but me declined and she told us we were free to go. So, we retreated to a covered pavilion near the playground and sat and talked. It was about 30 minutes later when we saw the woman drive out of the park and a little bit later even when we saw both cop cars leave....

I just don't understand people.... They make me really just want to stay out of public 9 times out of 10.... It seems like every time, someone else is causing problems....

Sorry, I just needed to rant a little....
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
wokman
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Some people... I swear...

Post by wokman »

You should get a large can of Mace in a holster, like Dog the Bounty hunter has. :twisted:
Good thing the Nut case did not try to grab Todd away from you and hurt him. :-x
twistedcaduceus
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by twistedcaduceus »

She might have an ulterior motive. I've heard this happened in some shelters and on the streets. People come up and claims a dog, if the dog is chipped, they'll just say "oh sorry my mistake". But if there is no claimant and no way to identify the real owners, the mofo's just take them pretending it's their dog. Another one is on the streets when people post "FOUND DOG" signs. The same people pretends its their dog. What happen to the dog you might ask? Well, either they get sold for animal testing labs or get used in puppy mill breeding. Other Pitts and Staffs gets it worse. Most of the Pitts and Staffs that are good pets with good temperament that these people were able to get ends up being bait dogs in dog fighting rings. So Tippsy's mom, this woman might not be as crazy as you think. If anything, she might be very clever trying to get a free dog and only tries to seem crazy to scare ya.
wokman
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by wokman »

Ain't it the truth! Yous is street wise Twisted! If that happened here she would find her tires flat. :evil:
Go BEARS! CHOW BEARS that is! 8) :lol:
giseleassink
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by giseleassink »

That is scare… hum what makes me think I should start walk my dogs with my cell phone i never take my cell with me… my chow is adopted and oh man that dogs get lots and lots of attention… I’m glad everything worked out for you! ;)
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

wokman wrote:You should get a large can of Mace in a holster, like Dog the Bounty hunter has. :twisted:
Good thing the Nut case did not try to grab Todd away from you and hurt him. :-x
I actually have a thing of pepper spray, but it was clipped on my bag.... But she tried to grab him... I just moved away fast enough....
twistedcaduceus wrote:She might have an ulterior motive. I've heard this happened in some shelters and on the streets. People come up and claims a dog, if the dog is chipped, they'll just say "oh sorry my mistake". But if there is no claimant and no way to identify the real owners, the mofo's just take them pretending it's their dog. Another one is on the streets when people post "FOUND DOG" signs. The same people pretends its their dog. What happen to the dog you might ask? Well, either they get sold for animal testing labs or get used in puppy mill breeding. Other Pitts and Staffs gets it worse. Most of the Pitts and Staffs that are good pets with good temperament that these people were able to get ends up being bait dogs in dog fighting rings. So Tippsy's mom, this woman might not be as crazy as you think. If anything, she might be very clever trying to get a free dog and only tries to seem crazy to scare ya.
I actually thought about that... She could've been looking to turn around a sell him to make money... Or been twisted enough to want to use him as a bait dog..... Even though, if the latter were the case, I'm surprised she wouldn't have targeted Tyrion (the Am. Staff) instead of the 5 lbs Pomeranian... I personally think she was either on drugs or off some sort of medication....
giseleassink wrote:That is scare… hum what makes me think I should start walk my dogs with my cell phone i never take my cell with me… my chow is adopted and oh man that dogs get lots and lots of attention… I’m glad everything worked out for you! ;)
I ALWAYS carry my cell phone. Been harassed enough to be smart enough to take it wherever I go. And thanks I'm glad it ended up ok too.
Jess
applebear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by applebear »

How freaky Tippsy. Had this happen years ago with a friend and her rabbit. She even had pictures and the police still had to be called in. People will go to amazing lengths to get what they want...is sad how low.

Glad it worked out, really puts things into perspective.
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Thanks. The lowliness of people, shocking, doesn't surprise me anymore... Most of "humanity" truly SUCKS....
Jess