Chow Life Magazine?

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

applebear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Chow Life Magazine?

Post by applebear »

Anyone heard of this or subscribe to it? I'm just curious if it'd be something I'd enjoy getting.
JammyJoy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Chow Life Magazine?

Post by JammyJoy »

Ive seen thier page at facebook. and a friend of mine received his Summer issue today..
applebear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by applebear »

Have seen their FB page too, but is hard to get a feel on what it is exactly. Seems a bit pricey as well, but who knows...maybe I'll check it out and get one of the single issues first.
Noodles&Xiong
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Noodles&Xiong »

I just signed up to receive it. If its like other breed club magaxines then it concentraits a large portion of the magazine to conformation show info. But each breed club is different and since I show in conformation I like that potential aspect!
applebear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by applebear »

Noodles&Xiong wrote:I just signed up to receive it. If its like other breed club magaxines then it concentraits a large portion of the magazine to conformation show info. But each breed club is different and since I show in conformation I like that potential aspect!
You'll have to let us know what it's like when you get yours :)
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

Chow Life is produced by the national arm of the AKC Chow Club. It is definitely geared towards confirmation shows and the results of individual show dogs. It does contain some articles here and there for owners and chow enthusiasts.

I havent actually seen an issue in several years, but i dont think their basic concept has changed too much.
applebear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by applebear »

Ah I see, well too bad...be fun to have a magazine geared all types of chow owners.