People.... -.-

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

People.... -.-

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Why do people always feel the need to open their mouths about things they're truly ignorant to?

I took Todd with me today to Tractor Supply to pick up a new bag of cat food and a bag of food for Jazz. I had Todd sitting in the seat of the buggy. And as I was loading the bag of dog food into the buggy this woman (who couldn't have been MUCH older than me) walked by (Todd didn't bark, so 1 yay!) and mumbled, "must think she's all high and mighty with her breeder bought dog." Now, mind you I'm the only person on that isle and Todd was the only dog in the store. My head snapped up from the bag to her and said "excuse me? Do you have a problem?" She turned around and looked me dead in the face and said, "as a matter of fact, I do. With you and everyone else who buy dogs from breeders when there's so many dogs dying in shelters. You're probably just like half of these backwoods idiots who thinks just because you have a purebred dog you should breed it! I don't know why anyone would want one of those ugly peekingese anyways!" Now, all of y'all KNOW all 3 of my dogs are rescues and even Tippsy was technically a rescue; so this lit a fire under me. I said "first off, he's a rescue. All 3 of my dogs are rescues; this is the only one who's purebred. And second, I am NOT a "backwoods idiot" looking to breed my dog just because he's purebred. And third, my dogs are spayed and neutered (granted Jazz isn't, but he isn't given the chance to run at large looking for females in heat and WILL be neutered when I have the money). And if I did choose to get a dog from a breeder, I would choose a reputable breeder who does health tests and breeds for the standard and temperament; not these idiot backyard breeders and puppy mills that "backwoods idiots" go to! So how about you take your ignorant @$$ on somewhere! And how about not opening your mouth until you know your facts. Oh yeah, and lastly, you should learn your breeds. He's a Pomeranian and isn't ugly. You have poor taste."
Her face got bright red; I could tell she was furious; and she stormed off.

Ugh! It's so irritating! I know this woman means well by promoting rescuing, but she's doing it ALL wrong. And I don't understand why so many people who push rescue are against ALL breeders. I'm more than happy to support a reputable breeder who's doing it all right. I obviously am not opposed to rescuing. And I would love to see BYBs and puppy mills crash and burn.

So, why do people see the need to jump down someone's throat for having a purebred? There's so many purebreds in rescue; why do so many people thing it's always mutts? I'm planning on my next addition to be a chow puppy; most likely won't be until after all 3 of my current crew are gone; but if I can't find a breeder that I'm comfortable with, I'm gonna go to a rescue. I'm not set on one or the other.

Ugh... Sorry about the rant y'all... I'm just frustrated right now...
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
Rio
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: People.... -.-

Post by Rio »

You go girl! Its good to get that kind of thing out of your system, and all the better for having a target :D
wokman
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by wokman »

In some peoples minds a dog is only from a Rescue if no one can figure out what breed it is. Seems the person who tormented you in line shamed themselves by not knowing a Pek from a Pom; get some glasses! :P
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

She's probably a member of PETA, or the Humane Society. Both those organizations promote that kind of "attack" behavior and ignorance. If she's not a member she's been listening to too many of their stupid spokes persons. People who think that purebreds can't be found in rescues tick me off too, all my purebred chows, have been rescues, MingToy and Lichi came from my mom, but they would have been pts if I hadn't taken them, they were purebreeds with papers and no place to live. Ming was the same way, he had papers too, though I adobted him from his first owner, he and his mate and two puppies were on their way to a shelter. My last three purebred chows are from the same rescue.

I'm glad you told her off Jess, she needed telling.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Thank y'all. That woman just infuriated me. Her ignorance and rudeness just boggles the mind. I guess it's just proof of what this world is going to...
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix