Some people will just never learn...

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Some people will just never learn...

Post by Tippsy'smom »

So, last week I was woken up by a neighbor driving down the street yelling for one of their dogs (I was sleeping with my window cracked) and it irritated me that I got woken up (it was only 6 AM) but rolled over and went back to sleep with my dogs.

And then yesterday, my mom woke me up to help her chase off 2 dogs (a black lab and a weim) who chased some of our cats (my mom had let some of them out already). So I went running out in my pajamas and house shoes, I headed towards were to dogs were and saw they had my little "barn cat", Monster up a tree. So I yelled at the dogs and they took off into the woods. Once I was sure they weren't near I called up to Monster and he came down and I took him home. I went back out and saw the weim looking up another tree, so I went back down and shooed off the dog again but it wasn't one of our cats up the tree, it was a neighbors. I tried to get her to come down so I could return her home but she wouldn't come down, so I left her until she felt safe enough to come down (she was high up out of reach on a thick branch). So I looked around in the woods to see if Koda or Tinkerbell were around but they were nowhere to be found (they thankfully turned up later) but the weim turned up again, so I crouched down and tried calling her to me (she had a collar with tags so I wanted to return her home) but she wouldn't come close enough. I started home and she followed me a little ways before disappearing into the woods again. About 5 minutes later my mom and I were talking on the driveway when a man drove up and asked if we'd seen the dogs and told us that they'd taken off after some deer about an hour and a half before (he said he opened the door before turning on the light and didn't see the deer) and he'd been looking for them since...

I hope he finally found the dogs, but WHO would open an outside door before turning on a light when it's dark out? And WHY let the dogs out off leash if their recall is obviously crappy AND you don't have a fenced in yard? And I'm positive this won't be the last time I see these dogs loose.... Wasn't the first time either....Just friggin' frustrating when it would be prevented.
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Re: Some people will just never learn...

Post by Victory »

What an idiot. Both those breeds are hunters, they will go running off in a moment if not well trained, they will come home, but it is not safe for a dog to run loose, when will people learn that? I don't care where you live these days there are cars, and also in many places there are bears and other large predators that can and will kill dogs.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Some people will just never learn...

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Victory wrote:What an idiot. Both those breeds are hunters, they will go running off in a moment if not well trained, they will come home, but it is not safe for a dog to run loose, when will people learn that? I don't care where you live these days there are cars, and also in many places there are bears and other large predators that can and will kill dogs.
Right? I almost hit the lab with my car this morning when I was running to the store for my mom because it ran out in front of me! I'm furious with these people. Not only is it dangerous for the dogs to run loose like that, it's illegal. And it makes me feel really uncomfortable walking my dogs in the neighborhood AT ALL anymore...
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix