Our Head Shepherd!

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Our Head Shepherd!

Post by Judy Fox »

Yesterday, our great-grandson Connor who is three and a half yrs. old was "The Head Shepherd" at his Nursery Nativity play.
He was very proud when he came to see us the other day and told us. He was the only shepherd with a speaking part and he stood very proudly in our sitting room and said his line for us. He had to say " We will follow you".
Well he had come to ask us if he could borrow one of Tad-cu's walking sticks so he chose one and I asked him if he wanted to borrow my little woolly sheep. He was very pleased - well, if you are to be a head shepherd, you really should have a lamb to look after! 8)
Yesterday, his mum brought him to show us dressed in his gear. He had done very well and said his line beautifully!
So a photograph was called for.

I was a touch emotional though because the little woolly lamb he was carrying was one Fred bought for me many, many years ago one holiday in Wales. That lamb has been carried by Rhiannon when she was a little girl and was a shepherd at her school nativity play and also by our granddaughters Louise (Connor's mum), Jessica and Isabelle. I expect Jessica's little girl Hollie will carry it and probably Connor's little brother Liam.
I asked Connor to take great care of it and he did. :D
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Our Head Shepherd!

Post by Sirchow »

What a lovely story Judy and the photographs are beautiful. I can hardly believe Connor is three already! It only seems five minutes since you were announcing his birth :)
I have a polar bear that my mum got when she was four and was passed on to my children and now they dont need him anymore it has come back to me and one day (if I ever have grandkids) they will be allowed to play very gently with him. These things are very precious and lovely that Connor took such great care of your lamb.
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
cherriemater
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by cherriemater »

Beautiful!!! Thank you so much for sharing. How precious that the memories continue to grow from one little sheepy.
Joe and Marti Martin ... Chow Chow lovers for Life (RIP Kimba 06/03/2011)
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cocoa »

Connor is an adorable head shepherd, love the story of your sheep. :D
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Oh my Judy what a cute sheperd , my how time has flown bye, just seems like he was an infant yesterday! and today he's a star sheperd!!! Love the story ..
Boogie and Linda
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boogie and Linda »

So cute. All he needs are some Chow-Sheep to herd. :lol:
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

Wow. I can't believe he is so big already. He looks adorable as a shepard. The story of the stuffed sheep, is one you should write down, so it isn't lost in the family. I love old family stores like that, though I don't have many, I do have some from my mom.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

How cute! What a lovely story of the lamb, Judy.