Favorite thing

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Hailey
Rank 0
Rank 0

Favorite thing

Post by Hailey »

I want to know what your most favorite thing is about the chow. I want to know what you like physically and personality wise. And of course your own chow. What do you love about your chow that is unique and makes them them.
Ill be watching for your reply's cant wait!!! :mrgreen:
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Favorite thing

Post by Rory's Dad »

Rory3.jpg
Rory3.jpg (121.09 KiB) Viewed 3987 times
Rory2.jpg
Rory2.jpg (78.4 KiB) Viewed 3987 times
Everything. You can see his personality. He is a fun, happy dog. These pictures are at 13 months. He loves people and shows mild interest or disinterest in other dogs, depending on the dog. Big time ham, and always playing it up for attention.
Fozzbear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Fozzbear »

Tons of things.
Fozz - her Marilyn Monroe wiggle-walk, her grunts and sighs when she has to have her eyes washed/eye-drops put it, the way she presents her back for a scratch, the way she lies on her back with legs in the air (particularly spread-eagles for tummy rubs or rolls over when she knows that it is time to get up!), her sweet gentle nature, when she runs around in circles with her tail unfurling behind her, the way her face scrumples when she sleeps with her face on the floor, the sneaky way she puts her face on one side and offers a paw when strangers are about with food, her snores, her nightly after-dinner burp!
Humph - his fluffy toddler bum, his waddle-walk, the way he bounces round the garden with his toys, his big fluffy head and smiley, tongue-out face, the way he lies down with his face in the food/water bowl, his sheepish look when he has been told off, the way he twitches when he dreams, the way he sits next to Fozz when he has finished his dinner but she hasn't (just in case she leaves it!), his waggly tail, the way he follows me/keeps close when we go for walkies, the way he chases Fozz but then gives up and has a sit down while he waits for her to run past him instead (the ambush approach to playing), the way he wants to sit on my knee when he is feeling poorly/sorry for himself, his general cheeky-ness.
And thats just off the top of my head!
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

I just love Matilda's "Snotty Totty" attitude. She does not just think she is it, she knows she is. I love the way she asks for thing by sitting and giving a paw. I love the way she keeps her eye on what we are doing and always knows where we are. I just love everything about her.
I love the way Maisie just loves me. She watches me and always follows me and wants to be with me. She is so demonstrative and gives me lovely purple kisses. I love the way she always waits for Matilda when we call them, for example for their dinner and I love the way she does her "Happy Dance" when we are going out for a walk or when she is going to get a treat.
I just love them being here with us and their gentle love. I love looking into their beautiful eyes and seeing the love there. :x :x
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
cherriemater
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by cherriemater »

I think my most favorite thing, lately, I discovered when I had to go to Texas for five days and leave my lovelies behind. When I got home and it was bedtime the usual routine occurred, but as I drifted off to sleep I had such a smile of love and affection on my face. I will tell them, Okay, time for ni-nights ... let's do one more outside before ni-night, and off they run to the door. They may or may not do any business, but they usually run around the playpen or have a quick zoomie. I take this as an opportunity to do my own business and get on my pjs. When Leo scratches at the window, I know they're ready to come back in. They IMMEDIATELY head for the fridge for their treat (noodles or cheese) and then we're off to bed. Leo begins his patrols (searching each window and either whining or barking at the neighborhood, almost like saying "goodnight" or "behave," while Max scuffs his into the bedroom and then has to decide whether or not to "come up" or to sleep on the floor beside my slippers. This night, he placed his nose on the bed and I encouraged him to do his part (that means hopping up with his front half and then I lift up his back half ... funny boy!). Max scuffed the covers to get them "just right" and when Leo was finished with his rounds he hopped up on the bed himself and found his own spot ... slapped right up against my legs (which is unusual for him because he usually picks the opposite corner ... he must have missed me). The best part comes last. In the darkness I hear the loud yawns of both my boys and then the looooong happy siggggghs. What bliss is mine!!! How I missed that while I was away.
Joe and Marti Martin ... Chow Chow lovers for Life (RIP Kimba 06/03/2011)
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

I did forget to add the game of zoomies that Rory wants to play every morning. Because we have very slippery hard wood steps up to the 2nd lever, Rory gets carried up and down. At night its easy to catch him napping and bring him up to bed.

In the morning, we announce breakfast and he races between the rooms. Since its 5am, i only pretend to try to pick him up and the back and forth starts. He will do this anywhere from 5 to 10 times depending on my patience. Once i announce 'you win', he stops and waits for his delivery to breakfast.
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Yes, I forgot to mention their sense of humour. They know when they are being funny and actually laugh at us. The lovely bottoms are a joy to watch - they could waggle for England. :lol:
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Hailey
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Hailey »

I am glad to hear that everyone is appreciating their chows. I hope your lovelies keep making you smile I know mine did. I hope in the next two years I can prove to my parents that I can take care of another dog.
Piff Poff
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Piff Poff »

I love Henry's baby barks when he's dreaming. I love the way he just stares at me when he tries to communicate his needs, I love the way he won't give up staring at me trying to communicate his needs until his needs have been met lol. I even love the way he is bratty on a walk when he isn't ready to go on and needs me to wait, he will jump up at me and nip my sleeves, it's not something I encourage and it only happens in the winter when I have gloves on and as I don't like it I stomp on his leash so he can't jump, I then wait for his body to relax before we move off again, too soon and the jumping will start up again. I just love him having a tantrum lol. I also love his nightime routines, he'll sleep with me in the bedroom until OH joins me and then he'll sleep by the bedroom door until we're asleep and then he'll go on the big step on the stairs (the landing) and then he'll come into the bedroom again when it's time for waking up.

I just love him xx
Thank you Sweatpea