Heartbreaking - Beyond Belief!

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Tovya
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Tovya »

I always forget that I don't have to log in to post here. I posted this. I'm speechless - sitting here at my desk at work feeling sick to my stomach and like all my blood has been drained. China should be condemned by all humane and compassionate countries for this brutal crime. :cry:
I would like to boycott Chinese products but thats virtually impossible these days. :evil:
Proud ChowMum to Chubaka & Magda

Chows are not the whole of our lives but, they make our lives whole.
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

That is horrible!!! OMG. How hard is it to at least spare the dogs that have been vaccinated and make vaccination mandatory? There are better ways to handle this outbreak. All those poor poor animals, and the pictures they just looked so sweet. If someone gets the a deadly strand of the flu they don't go around killing ppl. so sad.
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
chris

Post by chris »

:cry:
Rogansmommy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Rogansmommy »

I put a petition to the US ambassador to China in General Discussion.
Michele

^Rogan^ at the Bridge on 5/16/09 -- always in my heart

Post by Guest »

Read the article on BBC website. As terrible as it is, why can't PETA do a fundraising event to have all the dogs vaccinated? After reading you guys' comment on PETA, the comment made by PETA sounded rather hollow. Rabies can be found in wild animals around the world(OK-Not in Australlia, NZ, UK nor Japan). It's only by vaccination of domestic pets that keeps the problem small in the "Western" world.
LEO's mum
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by LEO's mum »

Previous msg is by me :oops:
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

It is horrible. :(
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)

Re: Heartbreaking - Beyond Belief!

Post by Guest »

I have copied the article and petition link and sent it to all innocent creature loving people everywhere!

Thanks for sharing with our group.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

It's an atroicty. My dad told me it's been all over the news these past few days (where have I been :oops: ?). It never ceases to amaze me how heartless humans can be towards other living creatures.
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

As I said on the community post, when I read this yesterday it made me ill and yes, boycotting anything Chines is almost impossible now.

I also signed the petition on the other posting.
Sharon
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

As bad as it is that's nothing compared to what goes on in China and some of the other Asian Countries when it comes to Dogs, Bears and animals, Its not really that hard to boycott Chinese products just quit shopping Wal-Mart and Harbor fright. Take a look at Animal Asia's website sometime then you can really see how inhuman they are, That kind of Cruelty to dogs is typical of China and alot of Asian countries.
chris

Post by chris »

I signed it.
alienangel75
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by alienangel75 »

:shock: ... I think that what's happenning in China is horrific but what can you expect since they don't even care about human rights? But it's not only China, perhaps we don't need to look that far to see cruelty against animals...it's everywhere in the world that people aren't conscious enough about all living things; just by looking at the way livestock are threated around here in north america is a shame too
for exemple, I read last summer about the slaughter of 200 000 chickens because the price of poultry wasn't doing good. These things hapens all the time but we just usually don't ear about it. Well, chiken are animals too, I think about it every time I have a craving for KFC :evil:

Also, they have slaughter thousands of cow for that masshysteria of being scared with madcow disease, most of the cows killed were totally healthy, they did it just in case they COULD have the disease. After one case was found, they killed thousands of animals as PREVENTION, wich was totally useless. I guess it's cheaper to slaughter them than to test them?
Also, Hundreds of thousands of animals are poisoned, blinded, and killed every year to test shampoos, household cleaners, cosmetics, hairsprays, and other personal-care and household items. These tests are not required by law and produce inaccurate or misleading results.
How many of us read labels to see if our products are not animal tested?

( going on the peta website WILL make you sick at how human being can be cruel)

There are also puppymills that provides the pet industry with animals and a lot of the pups don't even make it to the markets because of the lack of care, safe way of transportation, etc. (I advise to not go to see what a pet auction in Indiana looks like, you will understand what I mean, I saw it on a few websites like the Humane society against animal cruelty)

in french there is the word ''specisme'' that I have learn, wich is to believe that a form of living thing is better than another one. I suppose many people think like that.

Oups, I guess I should go to sleep, I am getting aggravated at the human race right now...it made me very sad to see that article

Anyway, sorry about my being moody right now and, on a more positive note, I usually enjoy coming to that forum to read posts about people actually loving and caring about their animals :wink:

Post by Guest »

I believe in "specisme." I think I am better than a chicken. Or a worm, or a flower.......
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

last one was me.
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
chris

Post by chris »

"GUEST"... not to make light of this subject... but it was one of you guys who posted "I need help with my chow" wasn't it... 8-}