Animal Cruelty (This will upset you so be warned)

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Fozzbear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Animal Cruelty (This will upset you so be warned)

Post by Fozzbear »

I have just been absolutely sickened as I have recieved a link on Facebook with photos of a man torturing a dog.
The link is doing the rounds in the hope that someone will identify the culprit (who is clearly shown, his vile face in close up technicolour). Stupidly, they dont say if it is a UK or American case (maybe they dont know?).
I nearly deleted it because I cant bear to look at such awful stuff but I then decided to 'share' it as this scum needs to be caught and dealt with.
I am not including it here as it is such a distressing thing - although will if you think I should /you want to copy and share it on your social media pages too.
I have copied and sent it to PETA the RSPCA in the hope that they will investigate it properly. If I knew it was a UK case I would send it to the newspapers as that would almost certainly guarantee the man is caught.
I'd like to know if I can contact the police with this or whether it would be useless.
I have contacted the person where the photo originated from and told them the same as above.
I guess I just feel sick - I cant sleep after seeing this and want to cry. I dont know what else I can do.
Cam Atis
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Animal Cruelty (This will upset you so be warned)

Post by Cam Atis »

SICK PEOPLE does find a kick out of it.
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Why don't you contact our Police here in Cheshire. They will understand that you don't know where it is but maybe they will be able to trace it. It is worth a try. :(
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

it might be a UK case as I haven't seen it yet here in the US and I have friended several animal groups. One of them would have posted it if it were here I think. No matter where it is, the person needs to be caught.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
Fozzbear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Fozzbear »

I've written to the people who seem to have started the post to find out if it is UK - if it is I will certainly go to police. Have sent it to RSPCA and PETA.
I wish I hadnt seen it as keep seeing it in my minds eye - it is so disturbing. It pains me that we live in such a twisted world. I look at my dogs and just cant comprehend it.
PCC
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by PCC »

I just read some news stories about dolphins being shot and stabbed, and a monkey at a zoo who suffered a killing blow.

There are sick people everywhere.
Piff Poff
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Piff Poff »

I've also seen the same picture on Facebook. I always wonder if these things are sometimes photoshopped. But whatever true or not it's a truly sickening picture and I hope the barsteward is caught.
Thank you Sweatpea
cherriemater
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by cherriemater »

Fozz ... you may also want to check with www.snopes.com

I say this in an attempt to ease your mind since I have heard of a number of these inaccurate type pictures posted or forwarded before fact-checking was done. By simply typing in key words from the original post you'll be able to determine the extent of truth held within the post. Snopes is generally VERY up-to-date. If it will ease your sorrow a bit, it's worth checking out.
Joe and Marti Martin ... Chow Chow lovers for Life (RIP Kimba 06/03/2011)